Information Security Analyst - Security Operations
Justworks, New York, NY
Payroll Services. Benefits. Compliance.
The job - Information Security Analyst
We’re looking for an experienced Information Security Analyst who can work cross-team with all areas of the company to develop security safeguards and countermeasures to protect Justworks assets, employees and customers. The successful candidate should understand fundamentals of computing and security and be comfortable with scripting and/or Python. The candidate should also have experience in *Nix environment and the use of common cybersecurity tools.
What you'll do
- Perform security related operations
- Perform security audits and assessments
- Perform configuration, network and application technical vulnerability assessments and work with teams to remediate identified issues
- Develop monitoring, detective and protective capabilities
- Perform security activities and functions including monitoring, triaging and investigation of security events and incidents
- Work with Compliance and teams to develop policies and procedures
- Work with IT and Infrastructure teams on vulnerability and patch management
- Conduct vendor risk assessments
- Evangelize a culture of security to the rest of the company through education, trust and empathy
Who you are
- A minimum 2-4 years experience working in information security
- A proven track record in security operations
- Experience with *Nix and MacOS preferred
- Experience configuring and securing cloud infrastructure a plus
- Strong Python and/or Bash scripting is a plus
- Certified in one or more of the following CISSP, OSCP, CEH, GIAC (GXPN, GCIH, GCFA, GCIA, GWAPT, GPEN)
- Knowledge of computing and security concepts, and demonstrated understanding of networking fundamentals including subnetting, TCP/IP, protocols such as SSL/TLS, DNS, HTTP, SSH, etc.
- Strong communication, organization and interpersonal skills
Diversity at Justworks
Justworks’ vision is for all identities, backgrounds and expressions to be represented in the workplace. We're building the foundation for long-term success and intend to cultivate a safe, collaborative and inclusive space and company culture.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Justworks is leveling the playing field with seamless payroll, great and affordable benefits, and comprehensive compliance coverage, all in one cutting-edge product designed for working fearlessly.
They are passionate about helping small businesses succeed, and this is reflected in everything they do. In fact, Justworks was founded to help entrepreneurs focus on what matters most: growing their businesses and creating better places for people to work.
Justworks employees enjoy a collaborative and welcoming environment, where transparency and openness are encouraged. Along with access to rich benefits, a prime NYC location, and no shortage of dogs at work, you'll learn from some of the brightest and influential thought leaders in the startup community.
If you want to grow in an entrepreneurial environment, build something meaningful and have fun while doing it, then Justworks may just be your place.