Manager, Engineering (Enrollment & Onboarding)
Justworks, New York, NY
Payroll Services. Benefits. Compliance.
Who we are
At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data-driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
We're united by shared goals and shared motivations at Justworks. These are best summed up in our company values, which are reflected in our product and in our team.
If this sounds like you, you’ll fit right in.
Engineering Managers at Justworks lead a team of Software Engineers. They work closely with our Designers and Product Managers to develop products that delight our users and make complex problems simple.
The Enrollment and Onboarding (E&O) team manages the experience our customers have from our marketing channels all the way through to running their first payroll. There’s a complex and changing set of requirements to provide services for our customers that changes from state to state. On top of that, there’s a fair amount of information we need to teach to our users about how we work. You’d be responsible for the customer funnel. Working with your team to iterate different approaches to different customers with the goal of giving everyone the best enrollment and onboarding experience possible.
This job requires a strong technical background and a track record for mentoring and growing teams. Our business domains are deep and complex so your ability to positively impact and understand complex systems will set you apart.
What you'll do
- Work with the Engineers, Designers, and Product Managers to scope, prioritize and execute projects so we can improve our product and develop new features.
- Communicate and coordinate with other teams in and out of engineering to understand the requirements and opportunities for improvement.
- Provide guidance and support growth in your direct reports.
- Help plan for the future of your team, it’s products and its people.
- Help recruit, interview, and hire for the entire engineering team.
Who you are
- A track record of at least two years leading productive engineering teams
- Demonstrable experience in prioritizing, crafting, and executing plans.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to grasp and explain complex concepts to both technical and non-technical people.
- High levels of empathy and interpersonal skills.
- Solid understanding of core web development technologies from the browser to the database
- A want to help develop a product with a positive impact.
Diversity at Justworks
Justworks is committed to maintaining a workplace where diversity of identity, culture, and life experience is the norm and is celebrated authentically and respected consistently. Diversity in our work, our people and our product drives creativity and innovation, entrepreneurial leadership and integrity, competitiveness and collaboration throughout our business and in the market. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our customers.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Justworks is leveling the playing field with seamless payroll, great and affordable benefits, and comprehensive compliance coverage, all in one cutting-edge product designed for working fearlessly.
They are passionate about helping small businesses succeed, and this is reflected in everything they do. In fact, Justworks was founded to help entrepreneurs focus on what matters most: growing their businesses and creating better places for people to work.
Justworks employees enjoy a collaborative and welcoming environment, where transparency and openness are encouraged. Along with access to rich benefits, a prime NYC location, and no shortage of dogs at work, you'll learn from some of the brightest and influential thought leaders in the startup community.
If you want to grow in an entrepreneurial environment, build something meaningful and have fun while doing it, then Justworks may just be your place.