Who We Are
At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
The Job - Payroll Tax Analyst
As a Payroll Tax Analyst you will join Justworks operations team to help pay and file withholding and unemployment taxes for our clients. Candidates will have the ability to dependably execute a set of daily, quarterly, and annual tasks to make sure our clients are compliant. Additionally, you are someone who can identify areas for process and procedure improvement to drive operational efficiency for a quickly growing business. Above all this role requires patience, determination and excellent people skills as you work cross-functionally to solve customer issues as well as communicate with local, state, and federal agencies.
What You'll Do
- Execute and maintain quarter and annual payroll tax filing across all local, state, and federal jurisdictions.
- Resolve payroll tax inquiries/issues generated by our Customer Success team and our internal ticket creation within the agreed upon service level agreements (SLAs)
- Triage incoming issues/inquiries to identify need for engineering intervention
- Monitor inquiries/issues to identify trends in payroll tax issues
- Recommend and execute improvements to processes
- Maintain internal resource center regarding payroll tax policies and procedures
- Execute changes to payroll tax processes and procedures along with key stakeholders in Engineering, Product, Finance, Customer Success, and Compliance
Who You Are
- 2-3 years payroll tax filing and payment experience
- Bachelor's Degree
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Process-driven while able to be resourceful and adaptable
- Technologically savvy; experience with utilizing multiple systems and software programs
- American Payroll Association (APA) Fundamental Payroll Certification (FPC) preferred
- Experience working with PEOs preferred
- Experience with multi-state accounts for single large employer OR multi-employer in multiple-states preferred
Visa sponsorship for this role is currently not available.
Diversity at Justworks
Justworks’ vision is for all identities, backgrounds and expressions to be represented in the workplace. We're building the foundation for long-term success and intend to cultivate a safe, collaborative and inclusive space and company culture.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Justworks is leveling the playing field with seamless payroll, great and affordable benefits, and comprehensive compliance coverage, all in one cutting-edge product designed for working fearlessly.
Want to learn more about Justworks? Visit http://justworks.com
Jobs You May Like
Product Manager - Billing & Subscriptions
Director of Product Design
Senior Information Architect
Hudl, Lincoln, NE or Boston, MA
Senior Product Designer
Harry’s, New York, NY
Customer Experience - Product Expert Lead
Dropbox, Austin, TX
Sr. Product Designer (PS Core)
PlayStation, San Francisco, CA