Who we are
At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
As part of the Legal & Compliance team, Compliance Counsel will provide legal services to Justworks in support of various functions in the organization, including, Customer Success, Employee Success, Operations, Product, Marketing, and Sales. This role will involve working with people in different levels of the organization, formalizing processes and improving the compliance program.
What you'll do
- Provide legal advice and counsel to: (i) PEO Operations and Customer Success relating to compliance matters (including, but not limited to, ERISA, health and welfare and 401(k) plans), (ii) Employee Success team relating to employee relations/HR matters, wage and hour law, unemployment and other state agency claims, FMLA matters, EPLI and workers’ compensation, (iii) other Justworks teams, including Product, Sales, and Marketing relating to various other legal and compliance matters
- Assist with the development and interpretation of Justworks policies
- Supervise and manage outside counsel on relating to various matters.
- Prepare and enhance standard operating procedures for different functions within the organization
- Educate stakeholders on legal matters and policies
- Review and provide guidance relating to marketing content.
- In collaboration with different teams, negotiate commercial contracts
- Prepare and conduct training, as necessary.
- Assist VP Compliance & Corporate Counsel with various legal matters and perform other tasks as assigned from time to time, including, assistance with development and coordination of Justworks’ internal compliance training program
- Assess effectiveness, updating and tracking of Justworks’ internal compliance training.
- Help drive Legal & Compliance program awareness and handle other related responsibilities
- Stay abreast of industry best practices and changes in laws and regulations that impact our business. Some travel is required.
Who you are
Education & Experience:
- JD degree from an accredited law school.
- NY Bar admission or NY in-house counsel registration required
- A minimum of five years of substantive experience in employee benefits, ERISA with a corporate legal department or a nationally recognized law firm.
- Experience in counseling clients on employee benefits, ERISA, labor and employment matters. Committed to being a legal business partner to internal clients.
- Compliance certification (e.g., CCEP) and/or Six Sigma training preferred.
- Internal communications experience
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent time management, organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- A collaborative, team player with a positive attitude
Work environment / physical activities and requirements
- Minimal travel required.
- While performing the duties of this job, this individual is regularly required to talk and hear, sit, use wrists, hands, and/or fingers in repetitive movements, reach with hands and arms, stand, walk, and occasionally stoop, bend, kneel, and lift items of up to 15 lbs.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the functions of this job. In accordance with applicable law, reasonable accommodations will be provided to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
Justworks is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status in accordance with all applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Justworks is leveling the playing field with seamless payroll, great and affordable benefits, and comprehensive compliance coverage, all in one cutting-edge product designed for working fearlessly.
Want to learn more about Justworks? Visit http://justworks.com
Jobs You May Like
Postlight, New York, NY
Red Ventures, South Charlotte
Sr. Program Manager (Contract-to-Hire)
PlayStation, San Diego, CA
Product Documentation Intern
PlayStation, San Mateo, CA
Everlane, San Francisco, CA
UX Design Program Manager
Fitbit, US - San Francisco