Who We Are
At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data-driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
We're united by shared goals and shared motivations at Justworks. These are best summed up in our company values, which are reflected in our product and in our team.
If this sounds like you, you’ll fit right in.
Who you are
Justworks is looking for an experienced email marketer to lead the strategy and execution of our email marketing programs to drive awareness, engagement, and customer acquisition. The ideal candidate is both technical and strategic: confident in building complex campaigns in a marketing automation system, as well as developing strategy and seeing campaigns through to execution, analysis, and optimization. The Manager, Email Marketing is a talented and collaborative problem solver who creatively and continuously improves the way we execute campaigns. Analytical acumen, project management skills, and a desire to quickly test and learn are critical to successfully drive the program forward. You will develop a holistic email marketing strategy that optimizes the prospect journey, promotes email best practices, and drives profitable lead generation. This role sits on the Marketing team, reports to the Senior Manager, Integrated Marketing.
What you’ll do
- Use marketing automation platform (Pardot) to set up email campaigns to educate, nurture, and convert prospects
- Plan, design, and execute lifecycle marketing tests to uncover opportunities for driving increased campaign engagement and conversion
- Craft high-conversion email campaigns from strategy development through to segmentation, execution, reporting, and analysis
- Help drive our referral marketing engine via targeted email campaigns to relevant customers & prospects, as well as management of our referral status notifications via Salesforce
- Develop and implement a plan to grow our prospect database, improve email KPIs, and actively manage email calendar and prospect list health via Pardot
- Be the Stensul & Pardot admin for the Marketing team
- Optimize website email capture. Continually propose, execute and evaluate methods to drive the acquisition of high-quality emails
- Partner with Marketing Operations Manager to ensure campaigns are properly tracked, leads are properly assigned, and to manage email automation strategies
- Methodically test and identify best performing content, creative, and messages for each audience, measure performance, identify levers for improvement and opportunities to optimize ROI
- Stay current on product features, benefits, and be able to communicate them clearly to the market
- Support ad-hoc marketing campaigns as email expert to drive revenue generation, product adoption, and brand awareness
- Manage, train, and develop 1 email marketing associate
- Other duties as needed based on department and/or organizational needs
- You have 5 years of experience in marketing, with a minimum of 3 years focused on CRM or Lifecycle, Engagement, Retention or Email Marketing
- Excellent communication, collaboration, project management, organizational and time management skills are essential
- Experience coaching, mentoring, and developing team members, including overseeing new employee onboarding, providing career development planning and opportunities for growth
- Expertise building marketing automation campaigns with major email marketing automation software is required (Marketo, Pardot, Hubspot, Salesforce Marketing Cloud or similar platform)
- You are comfortable modifying and updating HTML and CSS email templates to create new or update existing campaigns
- Solid understanding of email fundamentals: CAN-SPAM, list management, deliverability, segmentation, KPIs
- Competent in direct marketing best practices including contact strategies, designing A/B testing, customer segmentation, and analytics
- In-depth understanding of database marketing and ability to use data to build marketing plans and to analyze a channel’s effectiveness
- Experience in Google Analytics, Excel, SQL, Tableau, strongly preferred, bonus points for Stensul knowledge
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
Diversity at Justworks
Justworks is committed to maintaining a workplace where diversity of identity, culture, and life experience is the norm and is celebrated authentically and respected consistently. Diversity in our work, our people, and our product drives creativity and innovation, entrepreneurial leadership and integrity, competitiveness, and collaboration throughout our business and in the market. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our customers.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Justworks is leveling the playing field with seamless payroll, great and affordable benefits, and comprehensive compliance coverage, all in one cutting-edge product designed for working fearlessly.
They are passionate about helping small businesses succeed, and this is reflected in everything they do. In fact, Justworks was founded to help entrepreneurs focus on what matters most: growing their businesses and creating better places for people to work.
Justworks employees enjoy a collaborative and welcoming environment, where transparency and openness are encouraged. Along with access to rich benefits, a prime NYC location, and no shortage of dogs at work, you'll learn from some of the brightest and influential thought leaders in the startup community.
If you want to grow in an entrepreneurial environment, build something meaningful and have fun while doing it, then Justworks may just be your place.
Want to learn more about Justworks? Visit Justworks's website.
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.