Over a billion videos are watched on the JW Player Network every day--which means we’re reaching a good chunk of the human race!
JW Player’s mission is to empower customers to make data-driven decisions about their video content. The Data Analytics Team is responsible for leveraging viewer event data and making it available as actionable metrics and we’re looking for talented, driven, super-coders to help us do it!
In this role, you will:
- Deliver insights to our data-hungry customers through visualizations, public APIs, and bulk data exports
- Analyze and explore the world's largest network of independent video publishers
- Use the tools of data science to make valuable insights about our data
- Leverage popular big data tools to analyze massive data sets
- Collaborate with Data Scientists to extract meaningful metadata from video content
- Work with a highly-skilled team that values kindness, open communication, and mentorship
- Work in an environment that emphasizes rapid delivery and iteration on products with a tight feedback loop with customers.
Cool technologies you'll get to work with :
- Tools : Flask, Docker, Kubernetes, Github
- Databases: Postgres, ElasticSearch
- Cloud : AWS, EC2, S3, EMR
- Data Lake : Snowflake, Athena
- Big data : Spark, Flink, Kafka
What we're looking for :
- 2+ years of experience writing code for a production environment
- Solid testing skills i.e., unit tests, integration tests, smoke tests, and performance tests
- Strong work ethic and drive to learn new skills
- Exceptional communication skills
- A collaborative spirit and desire to work with other humans
Some other things that will help you :
- A degree in Computer Science or related discipline or experience equivalent
- Experience with Python
- Curiosity about data, especially big data
- An interest in data science
- Front-end development skills, especially data visualization
About JW Player
JW Player pioneered video on the web over a decade ago and continues to innovate as the world’s largest network-independent platform for video delivery and intelligence. Media companies including Fox, VICE, Business Insider, and Univision, in addition to hundreds of thousands of creators of all types and sizes, rely on JW Player to deliver and monetize their content across all devices. JW Player’s massive global footprint of over 2 billion unique devices creates a powerful data graph of unique consumer insights and generates billions of incremental video views. The company is headquartered in New York, with offices in London and Eindhoven, and was named to Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500™ in 2017. For more information, visit http://www.jwplayer.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
About JW Player
ABOUT JW PLAYER If you’ve watched video in the last 10 years, you already know us. We’re the company that pioneered video on the web and brought it to more people across the globe than anyone else. Today, JW Player provides media professionals with powerful and flexible technology to deliver video, grow their audience and monetize with ads. A venture-backed company based in New York City since 2008, JW offers a unique set of business solutions that integrate with any workflow and prioritize speed, API control, and audience growth across all viewing platforms. JW Player solutions are trusted by broadcasters and digital publishers including WWE, Univision, VICE Media, Hearst, LittleThings and Mashable, and developers around the world have deployed JW Player on domains collectively reaching over one billion monthly unique viewers. From Humble Beginnings In 2005 Jeroen “JW” Wijering was a student in the Netherlands, when he created a small piece of open-source software that enabled images and sound to play on the Internet. He was still in college when his product became the foundation for YouTube, which relied on JW Player until it was acquired by Google. By the time Jeroen presented his own website in an oral exam, the JW Player had, unbeknownst to his professors, gained a global reputation. In November 2007 Jeroen merged JW Player with the New York City digital ad agency LongTail Video, teaming up with industry veterans Dave Otten and Brian Rifkin, and the company was rebranded as JW Player in 2013. Today, JW Player is ubiquitous, having been used by tens of millions of web pages and viewed by billions of people worldwide. A History of Innovation For more than ten years, JW Player has been first to support a host of industry standards — an embeddable player, closed captioning, HTML5 web player, VAST web player, MPEG-DASH. Whether it’s new platforms, devices, streaming or advertising standards, this is an industry that is always evolving. In 2005, before smartphones were in every pocket, who could have predicted the dramatic adoption of mobile streaming? Similarly, no one can predict exactly what the next 10 to 15 years will bring for video. Change is certain, and our company has shown time and time again that our customers have a partner who will keep them ahead of the curve.
Want to learn more about JW Player? Visit JW Player's website.
Jobs You May Like
Director of Sales
Climb, New York
Intermediate Software Engineer
Index Exchange, Kitchener (KW)
The Linux Foundation, United States
Endurance International Group, New York, NY
Senior Software Development Manager - Bits
Twitch, Seattle, WA
Software Engineer, Los Angeles
Smarkets, Downtown Los Angeles