Scale matters. When it comes to our video platform, scale means ingesting tens of thousands of hours of video a day, processing millions of events per minute and serving thousands of videos every second.
Join JW Player:
JW Player pioneered video on the web over a decade ago and continues to innovate as the world’s largest network-independent platform for video delivery and intelligence. Media companies including Fox, VICE, Business Insider, and Univision, in addition to hundreds of thousands of creators rely on JW Player to deliver and monetize their content across all devices.
At JW Player, we believe a big part of team success comes from pairing people who are driven and creative with an environment that encourages learning and collaboration, rewards innovation, and gives voice to every member of our community.
Here is a sample of what we do:
- Bi-annual hack weeks
- Fireside chats with members across the JW family
- Employee-led instruction on everything from deep learning to knitting
- P&E all hands where we walk through architecture and customer use cases of our products
- Company sponsored outings
- D&I committee fostering inclusiveness
- New hire buddy program
- A deployment system on top of Kubernetes
- Ability to continuously deploy multiple times a day
- Python for (most) backend development
- Go for command line tools
- ES6 for our namesake player
- Postgres for our relational databases, Kafka for data change capture, RabbitMQ for our message broker, Redis for caching, Snowflake for analytics
- Typescript and Angular for frontend
- Kafka data pipeline with Flink for real-time and Spark for batch processing
- CI/CD with Jenkins and Buildkite
- AWS infrastructure, leveraging EC2, S3, CloudFront, Route53, and much more
Projects you could own:
- Video delivery APIs that scale to tens of thousands of requests per second at petabyte scale
- A data pipeline ingesting millions of events per minute
- Log-based architecture using Kafka
- Low latency streaming
- Web UI components in Angular and React
- Recommendations engine serving 15MM+ daily unique viewers
- A next generation transcoding pipeline
- Mobile SDKs for Android and iOS
- A data science/machine learning pipeline using Airflow and Tensorflow
- A search API powered by Elasticsearch
- A video metadata extraction platform using machine learning
- An intelligent thumbnail selector using convolutional neural networks
We’re excited about candidates who have:
- 3+ years of experience in software development
- A proven track record of ownership of maintainable, stable and scalable software
- A collaborative demeanor
- Excellent communications skills
- An obsession for code quality and test coverage
- A bias for action: we value team members who are self-starters and take ownership
- Strong Unix/Linux skills
- Knowledge of Docker and containerization
- Bachelor's degree (or more) in a Computer Science; or equivalent experience
About JW Player:
JW Player pioneered video on the web over a decade ago and continues to innovate as the world’s largest network-independent platform for video delivery and intelligence.
The company is headquartered in New York, with offices in London and Eindhoven, and was named to Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500™ in 2017. For more information, visit http://www.jwplayer.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
About JW Player
ABOUT JW PLAYER If you’ve watched video in the last 10 years, you already know us. We’re the company that pioneered video on the web and brought it to more people across the globe than anyone else. Today, JW Player provides media professionals with powerful and flexible technology to deliver video, grow their audience and monetize with ads. A venture-backed company based in New York City since 2008, JW offers a unique set of business solutions that integrate with any workflow and prioritize speed, API control, and audience growth across all viewing platforms. JW Player solutions are trusted by broadcasters and digital publishers including WWE, Univision, VICE Media, Hearst, LittleThings and Mashable, and developers around the world have deployed JW Player on domains collectively reaching over one billion monthly unique viewers. From Humble Beginnings In 2005 Jeroen “JW” Wijering was a student in the Netherlands, when he created a small piece of open-source software that enabled images and sound to play on the Internet. He was still in college when his product became the foundation for YouTube, which relied on JW Player until it was acquired by Google. By the time Jeroen presented his own website in an oral exam, the JW Player had, unbeknownst to his professors, gained a global reputation. In November 2007 Jeroen merged JW Player with the New York City digital ad agency LongTail Video, teaming up with industry veterans Dave Otten and Brian Rifkin, and the company was rebranded as JW Player in 2013. Today, JW Player is ubiquitous, having been used by tens of millions of web pages and viewed by billions of people worldwide. A History of Innovation For more than ten years, JW Player has been first to support a host of industry standards — an embeddable player, closed captioning, HTML5 web player, VAST web player, MPEG-DASH. Whether it’s new platforms, devices, streaming or advertising standards, this is an industry that is always evolving. In 2005, before smartphones were in every pocket, who could have predicted the dramatic adoption of mobile streaming? Similarly, no one can predict exactly what the next 10 to 15 years will bring for video. Change is certain, and our company has shown time and time again that our customers have a partner who will keep them ahead of the curve.
Want to learn more about JW Player? Visit JW Player's website.
Jobs You May Like
Tapad, New York
Retail Domain Specialist
ThoughtWorks, San Francisco
Mobile Automation Engineer/SDET
Upthere, Redwood City
Backend Software Engineer, Transportation
Airbnb, Mill Valley, CA
Site Reliability Engineer
Scoop, San Francisco, California