Scale matters. When it comes to our video platform, scale means ingesting tens of thousands of hours of video a day, and serving thousands of videos every second.
We are looking for a Software Engineer to join our rapidly growing Media Engineering team. Responsible for tasks related to our media Transcoding, Delivery and Live Streaming systems, the right candidate will relish the opportunity to be part of a highly talented continuous delivery organization. This means designing the processes and building the APIs, infrastructure, pipelines, testing, monitoring, and all other tooling you feel is necessary to ship code frequently of the highest possible caliber.
As a member of the Media Engineering Team, you will:
- Contribute to the technology and architecture of a global production-scale service layer
- Build features which serve customer-driven product goals
- Code as part of a very technical team in a fast paced, agile environment
- Prototype new ideas and explore new solutions to the growing list of problems the platform solves
You have the skills to be successful in this role if you have:
- 5+ years of software development and engineering
- Bachelor's degree (or more) in a Computer Science or related field; or equivalent experience
- Proven track record of ownership of maintainable, stable and scalable software
- Experience with microservices or SOA: designing, creating, deploying, testing and monitoring
- Experience doing test-driven development (TDD) and/or behavior-driven development (BDD)
- Strong understanding of source control management systems
- Strong Unix/Linux skills
- Strong coding skills in one or more of; Python, Java, C/C++, Go.
It is a plus if you have:
- Database design and RDBMS concepts, experience doing domain-driven design
- Contributed to existing open-source projects as well as your own
- Experience building scalable systems with cloud infrastructures like AWS or Google Cloud
- Experience with event-driven or message-driven architectures
- Knowledge of video encoding, ad networks, content management platforms, and/or streaming protocols
- Experience with web video (HTML5 and/or Flash)
- Experience with Docker and/or Linux Containers
About JW Player
JW Player pioneered video on the web over a decade ago and continues to innovate as the world’s largest network-independent platform for video delivery and intelligence. Media companies including Fox, VICE, Business Insider, and Univision, in addition to hundreds of thousands of creators of all types and sizes, rely on JW Player to deliver and monetize their content across all devices. JW Player’s massive global footprint of over 2 billion unique devices creates a powerful data graph of unique consumer insights and generates billions of incremental video views. The company is headquartered in New York, with offices in London and Eindhoven, and was named to Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500™ in 2017. For more information, visit http://www.jwplayer.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
About JW Player
ABOUT JW PLAYER If you’ve watched video in the last 10 years, you already know us. We’re the company that pioneered video on the web and brought it to more people across the globe than anyone else. Today, JW Player provides media professionals with powerful and flexible technology to deliver video, grow their audience and monetize with ads. A venture-backed company based in New York City since 2008, JW offers a unique set of business solutions that integrate with any workflow and prioritize speed, API control, and audience growth across all viewing platforms. JW Player solutions are trusted by broadcasters and digital publishers including WWE, Univision, VICE Media, Hearst, LittleThings and Mashable, and developers around the world have deployed JW Player on domains collectively reaching over one billion monthly unique viewers. From Humble Beginnings In 2005 Jeroen “JW” Wijering was a student in the Netherlands, when he created a small piece of open-source software that enabled images and sound to play on the Internet. He was still in college when his product became the foundation for YouTube, which relied on JW Player until it was acquired by Google. By the time Jeroen presented his own website in an oral exam, the JW Player had, unbeknownst to his professors, gained a global reputation. In November 2007 Jeroen merged JW Player with the New York City digital ad agency LongTail Video, teaming up with industry veterans Dave Otten and Brian Rifkin, and the company was rebranded as JW Player in 2013. Today, JW Player is ubiquitous, having been used by tens of millions of web pages and viewed by billions of people worldwide. A History of Innovation For more than ten years, JW Player has been first to support a host of industry standards — an embeddable player, closed captioning, HTML5 web player, VAST web player, MPEG-DASH. Whether it’s new platforms, devices, streaming or advertising standards, this is an industry that is always evolving. In 2005, before smartphones were in every pocket, who could have predicted the dramatic adoption of mobile streaming? Similarly, no one can predict exactly what the next 10 to 15 years will bring for video. Change is certain, and our company has shown time and time again that our customers have a partner who will keep them ahead of the curve.
Want to learn more about JW Player? Visit JW Player's website.
Jobs You May Like
Intrepid Data Scientist - Boston
Accenture, MA - Boston, USA
PlanGrid, San Francisco, CA
Sr. Front-End Engineer, OTT
Vimeo, New York, NY
Grindr, West Hollywood
Head of Development - Python (m/f)
Bitpanda, Vienna, Austria
Software Engineer - Data Engineer
TripAdvisor, Needham, MA