As a Data Architect on JW Player's Strategy & Operations team, you will leverage your technical skills to support and resolve business intelligence challenges through the organization and dissection of a vast array of disparate data sources. This position will be responsible for integrating our CRM, marketing, payment, and internal systems to drive business transformation. This role reports to the Director of Strategy & Operations and works with both the Product & Engineering teams as well as C-level management, specifically the CEO and COO.
In this role, you will:
- Collaborate with a talented team of engineers, data scientists, and product managers in an agile environment where you build fast, fail fast, and fix fast.
- Work with teams across the organization to help design business-friendly data marts and high-performing data warehouses to power our Business Intelligence initiatives.
- Analyze the business requirements to design the best in class ETL processes.
- Design and implement high-performing extraction, transformation and load processes to continuously improve our data enablement capabilities.
- Test your designs at scale to ensure the system runs smoothly and data returns accurately.
- Identify opportunities to optimize ETL processes and database design through collaboration with engineering, product, and strategy teams.
- Work with Business Intelligence tools such as Looker to help define the business level abstraction layer and consult on the building of dashboards and reports.
- B.S. or higher in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 3 years relevant experience
- Demonstrated experience with an ETL tool such as Stitch, Kettle/PDI, Talend, Informatica, etc.
- High level of proficiency in SQL and database design/architecture (relational and star schema)
- Experience coding in Python with a willingness to learn more: Java, Relational/Columnar databases, MongoDB/NoSql, etc.
- Comfortable working in a Cloud environment, ideally AWS. You will work closely with the DevOps team to define infrastructure and tooling to support the business intelligence efforts. True collaboration comes from mutual understanding and an open sharing of ideas.
- Familiarity with business intelligence tools such as Looker, Tableau, Domo, Mode, etc.
- Obsession with code quality. Whether it's pure unit tests, integration tests, or both, you know you are responsible for your code working correctly and can easily validate this with tests.
- Enjoy working with other engineers. You recognize there are multiple ways to engineer a solution and are happy to learn and share knowledge.
About JW Player
JW Player pioneered video on the web over a decade ago and continues to innovate as the world’s largest network-independent platform for video delivery and intelligence. Media companies including Fox, VICE, Business Insider, and Univision, in addition to hundreds of thousands of creators of all types and sizes, rely on JW Player to deliver and monetize their content across all devices. JW Player’s massive global footprint of over 2 billion unique devices creates a powerful data graph of unique consumer insights and generates billions of incremental video views. The company is headquartered in New York, with offices in London and Eindhoven, and was named to Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500™ in 2017. For more information, visit http://www.jwplayer.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
About JW Player
ABOUT JW PLAYER If you’ve watched video in the last 10 years, you already know us. We’re the company that pioneered video on the web and brought it to more people across the globe than anyone else. Today, JW Player provides media professionals with powerful and flexible technology to deliver video, grow their audience and monetize with ads. A venture-backed company based in New York City since 2008, JW offers a unique set of business solutions that integrate with any workflow and prioritize speed, API control, and audience growth across all viewing platforms. JW Player solutions are trusted by broadcasters and digital publishers including WWE, Univision, VICE Media, Hearst, LittleThings and Mashable, and developers around the world have deployed JW Player on domains collectively reaching over one billion monthly unique viewers. From Humble Beginnings In 2005 Jeroen “JW” Wijering was a student in the Netherlands, when he created a small piece of open-source software that enabled images and sound to play on the Internet. He was still in college when his product became the foundation for YouTube, which relied on JW Player until it was acquired by Google. By the time Jeroen presented his own website in an oral exam, the JW Player had, unbeknownst to his professors, gained a global reputation. In November 2007 Jeroen merged JW Player with the New York City digital ad agency LongTail Video, teaming up with industry veterans Dave Otten and Brian Rifkin, and the company was rebranded as JW Player in 2013. Today, JW Player is ubiquitous, having been used by tens of millions of web pages and viewed by billions of people worldwide. A History of Innovation For more than ten years, JW Player has been first to support a host of industry standards — an embeddable player, closed captioning, HTML5 web player, VAST web player, MPEG-DASH. Whether it’s new platforms, devices, streaming or advertising standards, this is an industry that is always evolving. In 2005, before smartphones were in every pocket, who could have predicted the dramatic adoption of mobile streaming? Similarly, no one can predict exactly what the next 10 to 15 years will bring for video. Change is certain, and our company has shown time and time again that our customers have a partner who will keep them ahead of the curve.