Bring entertainment and knowledge to the world.
JW Player is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our Core Services team in our New York City headquarters. Our video platform serves thousands of videos every second. To support that much traffic, we design and build with an eye on speed, flexibility, high availability, and the mission of making sure our customers’ viewers can watch what they want, when they want it.
The right candidate will relish the opportunity to build well-designed elements of a service-oriented architecture. This means collaborating with other smart professionals to build the APIs, infrastructure, pipelines, testing, monitoring, and all other tooling you feel is necessary to ship code frequently and of the highest possible caliber.
As a member of the Core Services team, you will:
- Contribute to the architecture of production-scale services
- Code as part of a high-performing team in an Agile environment
- Create reusable tools that can be used by other teams
- Tackle architectural challenges around high availability of services and data
- Prototype new ideas and explore new solutions to the growing list of problems the platform solves
- Continue to learn and expand your knowledge and skillset
You have the skills to be successful in this role if you have:
- 5+ years of software development and engineering
- Bachelor's in Science or greater in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field; or equivalent experience
- Desire to join a highly technical team in a fast-paced environment
- Proven track record of ownership of maintainable, stable and scalable software
- Experience building scalable systems with cloud infrastructures like AWS or Google Cloud Platform
- Strong Unix/Linux skills
- Experience in Python or a similar language
It is a plus if you have:
- Contributed to existing open-source projects as well as your own
- Experience with Docker and/or Linux Containers
- Experience with configuration management and provisioning servers (SaltStack, Consul)
- Experience with service-oriented architecture
- Experience with event-driven or message-driven architecture
About JW Player
JW Player pioneered video on the web over a decade ago and continues to innovate as the world’s largest network-independent platform for video delivery and intelligence. Media companies including Fox, VICE, Business Insider, and Univision, in addition to hundreds of thousands of creators of all types and sizes, rely on JW Player to deliver and monetize their content across all devices. JW Player’s massive global footprint of over 2 billion unique devices creates a powerful data graph of unique consumer insights and generates billions of incremental video views. The company is headquartered in New York, with offices in London and Eindhoven, and was named to Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500™ in 2017. For more information, visit http://www.jwplayer.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
About JW Player
ABOUT JW PLAYER If you’ve watched video in the last 10 years, you already know us. We’re the company that pioneered video on the web and brought it to more people across the globe than anyone else. Today, JW Player provides media professionals with powerful and flexible technology to deliver video, grow their audience and monetize with ads. A venture-backed company based in New York City since 2008, JW offers a unique set of business solutions that integrate with any workflow and prioritize speed, API control, and audience growth across all viewing platforms. JW Player solutions are trusted by broadcasters and digital publishers including WWE, Univision, VICE Media, Hearst, LittleThings and Mashable, and developers around the world have deployed JW Player on domains collectively reaching over one billion monthly unique viewers. From Humble Beginnings In 2005 Jeroen “JW” Wijering was a student in the Netherlands, when he created a small piece of open-source software that enabled images and sound to play on the Internet. He was still in college when his product became the foundation for YouTube, which relied on JW Player until it was acquired by Google. By the time Jeroen presented his own website in an oral exam, the JW Player had, unbeknownst to his professors, gained a global reputation. In November 2007 Jeroen merged JW Player with the New York City digital ad agency LongTail Video, teaming up with industry veterans Dave Otten and Brian Rifkin, and the company was rebranded as JW Player in 2013. Today, JW Player is ubiquitous, having been used by tens of millions of web pages and viewed by billions of people worldwide. A History of Innovation For more than ten years, JW Player has been first to support a host of industry standards — an embeddable player, closed captioning, HTML5 web player, VAST web player, MPEG-DASH. Whether it’s new platforms, devices, streaming or advertising standards, this is an industry that is always evolving. In 2005, before smartphones were in every pocket, who could have predicted the dramatic adoption of mobile streaming? Similarly, no one can predict exactly what the next 10 to 15 years will bring for video. Change is certain, and our company has shown time and time again that our customers have a partner who will keep them ahead of the curve.
Want to learn more about JW Player? Visit JW Player's website.
Jobs You May Like
API & Web App Engineer
Moat, New York
Unity Software Engineer - Card Games
Lead Developer (Backend) (m/f)
Senior Front End Engineer
Eventbrite, San Francisco, California
Senior Animation and Narrative Manager
PlayStation, Playa Vista, CA
Project Manager, Professional Services (EMEA)