JW Player, Eindhoven, Noord-Brabant, Netherlands
We’re Passionate About Video Technology
JW Player is a technology platform which boasts the world’s most widely-adopted web video player, generating billions of video streams a month. Most JW Player customers manage our products inside our dashboards. We’re looking for a front-end engineer that can help us take our Dashboard to a new level. Someone that loves the intricacies of front-end development. Someone who understands the obsession with pixel-perfectness, UI-consistency and the UX implications that front-end work causes.
As a Frontend Engineer, you will:
- Work on innovative new products that help our customers grow their audience
- Write clean and reusable code using the latest web technologies
- Participate in code reviews on Github and with your peers
- Take ownership of feature development and releases
Who You Are:
- Experience developing and deploying web applications
- Attention to detail implementing designs and testing across browsers
- Knowledge of best practices, frameworks and functional programming.
- B.S. degree or higher (or equivalent experience) in related technical field
- At least 2 years of full-time experience
- Strong portfolio or Github profile
- Experience with React, Docker, API based dashboard-development.
- Experience with Typescript, SASS and Node.js build tools (eg. Webpack, Parcel)
As a Frontend Engineer, you will work within our tech stack:
- A deployment system on top of Kubernetes
- Ability to continuously deploy multiple times a day
- Python for (most) backend development
- Postgres for our relational databases, Kafka for data change capture, RabbitMQ for our message broker, Redis for caching, Snowflake for analytics
- Typescript, React and Angular for frontend
- CI/CD with Jenkins and Buildkite
- AWS infrastructure, leveraging EC2, S3, CloudFront, Route53, and much more
- Video delivery APIs that scale to tens of thousands of requests per second at petabyte scale
- Log-based architecture using Kafka
- A data science/machine learning pipeline using Airflow and Tensorflow
- A search API powered by Elasticsearch
- A video metadata extraction platform using machine learning
- An intelligent thumbnail selector using convolutional neural networks
About JW Player
JW Player pioneered video on the web over a decade ago and continues to innovate as the world’s largest network-independent platform for video delivery and intelligence. Media companies including Fox, VICE, Business Insider, and Univision, in addition to hundreds of thousands of creators of all types and sizes, rely on JW Player to deliver and monetize their content across all devices. JW Player’s massive global footprint of over 2 billion unique devices creates a powerful data graph of unique consumer insights and generates billions of incremental video views. The company is headquartered in New York, with offices in London and Eindhoven, and was named to Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500™ in 2018. For more information, visit http://www.jwplayer.com.
About Our Benefits
When you join JW Player, you are not just joining a company or a team but a family. Our goal is to take care of you and ensure you will be successful in your new role. Your success is our success. When you join us, your benefits kick in from day one!
- Bi-annual hack weeks
- Employee-led instruction on everything from deep learning to knitting
- P&E all hands where we walk through architecture and customer use cases of our products
- AMA (Ask Me Anything) and Fireside chats with Executives & JW Player family
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
About JW Player
ABOUT JW PLAYER If you’ve watched video in the last 10 years, you already know us. We’re the company that pioneered video on the web and brought it to more people across the globe than anyone else. Today, JW Player provides media professionals with powerful and flexible technology to deliver video, grow their audience and monetize with ads. A venture-backed company based in New York City since 2008, JW offers a unique set of business solutions that integrate with any workflow and prioritize speed, API control, and audience growth across all viewing platforms. JW Player solutions are trusted by broadcasters and digital publishers including WWE, Univision, VICE Media, Hearst, LittleThings and Mashable, and developers around the world have deployed JW Player on domains collectively reaching over one billion monthly unique viewers. From Humble Beginnings In 2005 Jeroen “JW” Wijering was a student in the Netherlands, when he created a small piece of open-source software that enabled images and sound to play on the Internet. He was still in college when his product became the foundation for YouTube, which relied on JW Player until it was acquired by Google. By the time Jeroen presented his own website in an oral exam, the JW Player had, unbeknownst to his professors, gained a global reputation. In November 2007 Jeroen merged JW Player with the New York City digital ad agency LongTail Video, teaming up with industry veterans Dave Otten and Brian Rifkin, and the company was rebranded as JW Player in 2013. Today, JW Player is ubiquitous, having been used by tens of millions of web pages and viewed by billions of people worldwide. A History of Innovation For more than ten years, JW Player has been first to support a host of industry standards — an embeddable player, closed captioning, HTML5 web player, VAST web player, MPEG-DASH. Whether it’s new platforms, devices, streaming or advertising standards, this is an industry that is always evolving. In 2005, before smartphones were in every pocket, who could have predicted the dramatic adoption of mobile streaming? Similarly, no one can predict exactly what the next 10 to 15 years will bring for video. Change is certain, and our company has shown time and time again that our customers have a partner who will keep them ahead of the curve.
Want to learn more about JW Player? Visit JW Player's website.
A monthly box of dog goodies