JW Player, Nationwide, New York City, NY, Chicago, IL
We’re Passionate About Video Technology
JW Player has a strategic sales force that brings our online video solutions to the world’s largest media publishers, agencies, brands and content creators across all territories, all while building a sustainable network to help evangelize the JW Player brand.
We are looking for a sales person who has managed complex sales processes and relationships with large customers in the US and has knowledge of how to work with people at all levels of an organization. Our Account Executives play a major role in winning a substantial part of the online video publisher market share. This role sits on our Enterprise Sales team, which sells to some of the biggest companies in the world while uncovering their willingness to partner with one of the fastest and widely used video platforms on the web.
As an Account Executive, you will:
- You will lead a consultative sales process from initial client engagement to closed sales in order to establish strategic relationships with new customers and achieve assigned sales targets
- You will conduct proactive consultative needs analysis with prospective clients addressing business challenges and requirements, including the development of client centric product solutions with cost benefits
- You will maintain a high level of relevant product and industry knowledge in order to effectively lead presentations to senior executives and stakeholders
- You will accurately forecast in Salesforce on prospective sales volumes as well as keep detailed notes on client interactions
- Work with pre-sales, product, and technical staff where required to address customer needs
- You will provide feedback to sales management on ways to drive sales, and improve JW Player brand and reputation and provide feedback on market trends, competitive threats, unmet needs, and help guide the product roadmap
- Identify sales support requirements and work to develop and improve sales tools.
- Conduct all sales activities with the highest degree of professionalism and integrity
Who You Are:
- 3-5 years of SaaS Sales Experience with enterprise customers
- Proven experience in developing enterprise contracts and managing long and complex sales cycles
- Proof of consistent success in B2B sales with $50K+ deal sizes and $1M+ annual revenue
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Presentation skills and experience in solution selling (including any proven methodologies)
- The ability to learn quickly and apply that knowledge in a team environment
- Ability to multitask, as well as work efficiently and effectively within required deadlines
- Understanding of how to navigate large corporate buying processes and anticipate the challenges these customers have when adopting new, innovative technology
- You must be comfortable in a growing mid-stage company where you will be influential to our growth, lead by example and consistently take initiative to improve workflow, process and sales success.
- Experience selling Online Video Product
About JW Player
JW Player pioneered video on the web over a decade ago and continues to innovate as the world’s largest network-independent platform for video delivery and intelligence. Media companies including Fox, VICE, Business Insider, and Univision, in addition to hundreds of thousands of creators of all types and sizes, rely on JW Player to deliver and monetize their content across all devices. JW Player’s massive global footprint of over 2 billion unique devices creates a powerful data graph of unique consumer insights and generates billions of incremental video views. The company is headquartered in New York, with offices in London and Eindhoven, and was named to Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500™ in 2018. For more information, visit http://www.jwplayer.com.
When you join JW Player, you are not just joining a company or a team but a family. Our goal is to take care of you and ensure you will be successful in your new role. Your success is our success. When you join us, your benefits kick in from day one!
- Medical, Vision and Dental Coverage through Empire BlueCross
- Open PTO Policy - Self care is IMPORTANT!
- Development Program
- An opportunity to make an impact in a fast paced environment
- Bi - Annual Hack Weeks
- AMA (Ask Me Anything) and Fireside chats with Executives & JW Player family
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
About JW Player
ABOUT JW PLAYER If you’ve watched video in the last 10 years, you already know us. We’re the company that pioneered video on the web and brought it to more people across the globe than anyone else. Today, JW Player provides media professionals with powerful and flexible technology to deliver video, grow their audience and monetize with ads. A venture-backed company based in New York City since 2008, JW offers a unique set of business solutions that integrate with any workflow and prioritize speed, API control, and audience growth across all viewing platforms. JW Player solutions are trusted by broadcasters and digital publishers including WWE, Univision, VICE Media, Hearst, LittleThings and Mashable, and developers around the world have deployed JW Player on domains collectively reaching over one billion monthly unique viewers. From Humble Beginnings In 2005 Jeroen “JW” Wijering was a student in the Netherlands, when he created a small piece of open-source software that enabled images and sound to play on the Internet. He was still in college when his product became the foundation for YouTube, which relied on JW Player until it was acquired by Google. By the time Jeroen presented his own website in an oral exam, the JW Player had, unbeknownst to his professors, gained a global reputation. In November 2007 Jeroen merged JW Player with the New York City digital ad agency LongTail Video, teaming up with industry veterans Dave Otten and Brian Rifkin, and the company was rebranded as JW Player in 2013. Today, JW Player is ubiquitous, having been used by tens of millions of web pages and viewed by billions of people worldwide. A History of Innovation For more than ten years, JW Player has been first to support a host of industry standards — an embeddable player, closed captioning, HTML5 web player, VAST web player, MPEG-DASH. Whether it’s new platforms, devices, streaming or advertising standards, this is an industry that is always evolving. In 2005, before smartphones were in every pocket, who could have predicted the dramatic adoption of mobile streaming? Similarly, no one can predict exactly what the next 10 to 15 years will bring for video. Change is certain, and our company has shown time and time again that our customers have a partner who will keep them ahead of the curve.
Want to learn more about JW Player? Visit JW Player's website.
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.