Front End Engineer
JW Player, Anywhere in US, UK or Netherlands
We’re Passionate About Video Technology
About JW Player
If you’ve watched a video on the internet, chances are you’ve used JW Player technology: the world’s most widely-adopted web video player. Our customers' viewers generate billions of video streams a month and they ingest tens of thousands of hours of video a day. We process millions of events per minute and serve thousands of videos every second. We pioneered video on the web over a decade ago and continue to innovate as the world’s largest network-independent platform for video delivery and intelligence.
Media companies including Fox, VICE, Business Insider, and Univision, in addition to hundreds of thousands of creators of all types and sizes, rely on JW Player to deliver and monetize their content across all devices. JW Player’s massive global footprint of over 2 billion unique devices creates a powerful data graph of unique consumer insights and generates billions of incremental video views. The company is headquartered in New York, with offices in London and Eindhoven, and was named to Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500™ in 2018. For more information, visit http://www.jwplayer.com.
About the Front-End Engineer role
- Work in a cross-functional team, including back-end, data science, design and product management, all focused on our customer experience.
- Work on products and teams that service media publishers and broadcasters
- Build new features for our customers and write automated tests to make sure they work.
- Participate in code reviews with your peers.
- Work with an array of front-end technologies such as React, TypeScript, SCSS, build-tools and more.
- Own feature development, releases and performance monitoring.
Requirements for this role:
- A minimum of 3 years experience working on front-end projects.
- Experience turning static designs into usable and interactive web applications
- Portfolio, Github profile, or list of sites and features you've worked on.
- Familiarity with React, TypeScript, ESNext or SASS/Less
- Experience with automating (Dockerized) deployments for web applications
- Experience with modern web accessibility best practices
- Experience developing and running automated tests on front-end code
Remote work and relocation
JW Player Engineering is committed to offering location flexibility in relevant roles now and in the future. For this role, candidates may choose to work fully remote, fully office based, or somewhere in between (i.e flexible). We’re currently able to hire in the United States, the Netherlands, and the United Kingdom.
About Our Benefits
When you join JW Player, you are joining a community. Our goal is to take care of you and ensure you will be successful in your new role. Your success is our success and when you join us, your benefits kick in from day one!
- Retirement Plan
- Personal Development Budget
- Bi-annual hack weeks
- Employee-led instruction on everything from deep learning to knitting
- Company sponsored outings
- Remote work Stipends and Allowances for setup
- Measure to assist with the stress and mental impact of the Pandemic environment
- D&I committee fostering diversity, equity and inclusion
- New hire buddy program
- And much more…
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
About JW Player
ABOUT JW PLAYER If you’ve watched video in the last 10 years, you already know us. We’re the company that pioneered video on the web and brought it to more people across the globe than anyone else. Today, JW Player provides media professionals with powerful and flexible technology to deliver video, grow their audience and monetize with ads. A venture-backed company based in New York City since 2008, JW offers a unique set of business solutions that integrate with any workflow and prioritize speed, API control, and audience growth across all viewing platforms. JW Player solutions are trusted by broadcasters and digital publishers including WWE, Univision, VICE Media, Hearst, LittleThings and Mashable, and developers around the world have deployed JW Player on domains collectively reaching over one billion monthly unique viewers. From Humble Beginnings In 2005 Jeroen “JW” Wijering was a student in the Netherlands, when he created a small piece of open-source software that enabled images and sound to play on the Internet. He was still in college when his product became the foundation for YouTube, which relied on JW Player until it was acquired by Google. By the time Jeroen presented his own website in an oral exam, the JW Player had, unbeknownst to his professors, gained a global reputation. In November 2007 Jeroen merged JW Player with the New York City digital ad agency LongTail Video, teaming up with industry veterans Dave Otten and Brian Rifkin, and the company was rebranded as JW Player in 2013. Today, JW Player is ubiquitous, having been used by tens of millions of web pages and viewed by billions of people worldwide. A History of Innovation For more than ten years, JW Player has been first to support a host of industry standards — an embeddable player, closed captioning, HTML5 web player, VAST web player, MPEG-DASH. Whether it’s new platforms, devices, streaming or advertising standards, this is an industry that is always evolving. In 2005, before smartphones were in every pocket, who could have predicted the dramatic adoption of mobile streaming? Similarly, no one can predict exactly what the next 10 to 15 years will bring for video. Change is certain, and our company has shown time and time again that our customers have a partner who will keep them ahead of the curve.
Want to learn more about JW Player? Visit JW Player's website.
A membership platform that makes it easy for artists and creators to get paid