-- Position overview --
We need full stack developers to deliver on our product and build the best tech ever seen in the industry. You will get involved in all parts of the development process with full autonomy and surrounded by the best experts. We believe in smart, capable and innovative people that take the initiative and own their code from planning to deployment and maintenance. We own one of the most exciting tech stacks you will see, from various digital products (native apps, web apps) to the latest stack (react native, JS Node) and Internet-of-Things/health analytics. We’re in need of both very experienced developer as well as medium or junior level developers. Join us now and let's improve millions of lives together!
-- What you'll do --
• planning and architecting the new features
• coding for both backend and frontend
• designing and creating the automated tests
• deploying your code to AWS
• creating alarms and monitors for your code
• Execute in Agile development, in focused squads, using Agile methodologies and continuous improvement.
-- We’d love to hear from you if… --
• You’re passionate about writing clean, concise, well-tested code, but you’re also a pragmatic problem-solver;
• You follow the best practices for the technologies you work with and understand why;
• You're ferociously curious, love learning new things and teaching others about them;
• You stay up to date with the latest technologies;
• You're obsessed with team efficiency, collaboration and focus;
• You operate without ego to discuss, learn, grow, and help others do the same.
You will need to have the following skillset:
• React & React Native and related tech (Redux, Redux-saga, offline-first...) ;
• NodeJS ;
• Relational databases ;
• Automated testing ;
• Knowledge of common design patterns ;
• Strong analytical and performance optimization skills ;
• A deep capacity to get things done.
• Knowledge of the AWS stack
• Working in a startup environment
-- Why join Birdie? --
If you want to work in a truly revolutionary tech startup, create positive social change, and develop yourself as part of a top-notch dev team, Birdie is the place for you! Being an early stage venture, you’ll be able to feel the tangible impact of your work, you’ll gain a deep understanding of all key areas of the start-up, and you’ll have a unique opportunity to guide the direction of the business.
You’ll join a team that has the talent, determination and backing from AXA to accelerate and scale. And you'll have the support to grow with it, with promotion opportunities as early as 9 – 12 months, a supportive team and a personal development plan.
You'll access plenty of other benefits such as:
• Competitive salary;
• Dedicated mentor to coach you;
• High external visibility and support (e.g., attending and/or speaking at conferences, etc.);
• Continuous company support to keep learning and grow technically (classes, trainings, etc.);
• Fulfilling, challenging job with steep learning curve;
• Exceptional international team of health, tech, marketing and operations experts as well as seasoned entrepeneurs, with a great atmosphere and a team that we call family;
• High growth startup, with backing of the largest insurance company in the world, ensuring financial resources and assets to accelerate growth and become a prominent startup worldwide in care within months;
• Access to and regular interactions with Kamet, AXA's startup studio, where Birdie is incubated, with its dozens of tech teams and top notch tech expertise;
• Opportunity to impact millions of life, be fully part of a startup with a significant social impact and gain proud for that - you're changing the world;
• Office in Angel, a vibrant area just a stone's throw from the centre of London’s Tech City;
• Numerous team events, retreats, pub nights and other activities subsidized by the company.
We hire for long-term and full-time internships (5 months minimum), starting anytime.
Kamet backs brash entrepreneurs building the next generation of ground breaking technology companies, geared to improve, enrich or disrupt the insurance ecosystem. With ofﬁces in Paris, and London, and soon in Asia and America, Kamet focuses on pioneering start-ups that are ready to scale across the global stage. Funded by the AXA group, Kamet delivers unparalleled access to a top corporations to match cutting-edge entrepreneurs with one of the world's most powerful FI/ Insurance company. A perfect storm is hitting the insurance ecosystem: Big data analytics and IoT, offering way to manage risks differently, new engagement models with customers, striving for simplicity and transparency, regulatory pressure, social networks, mobility and connectivity, each of the ongoing trends is opening endless opportunities to innovate and even disrupt a stable, conservative, often stone edged industry. There is a divide between market-leading corporations and innovative, technology-enabled startups: the ﬁrst have scale, but are too large to innovate quickly; the second are innovative by necessity, but often lack the scale to make a broad impact. To date, one of the biggest complaints about VCs is that they lack the proper structure and resources to connect these two disparate groups. Kamet and AXA recognised this opportunity and created a platform that bridges the gap. At the core, Kamet is a fast start-up studio. We host entrepreneurs, give them the opportunity to meet others, to share their ideas, to beneﬁt from ours, and we support them in developing their business, from the ground up.
Want to learn more about Kamet? Visit Kamet's website.
Jobs You May Like
ITx Systems Engineer, Infrastructure Automation
Airbnb, San Francisco, United States
Full Stack Software Engineer, Bowery Farming
Gray Scalable, New York, NY
Sr. Software Engineer - Platform
CloudHealth Technologies, Boston, MA
Senior Software Quality Engineer - Barcelona
Software Engineer, Mobile Engineering (Android)
Brightwheel, San Francisco, California
Senior Application Security Engineer - Venice, CA
Credit Karma, Venice, CA