We are a Kamet project, aiming to disrupt insurance pricing using state-of-the art machine learning techniques. We provide an all-in-one cloud based pricing software to help actuaries, insurance data scientists and decisions makers understand their business: what price should you propose to increase your margin or acquire new clients?
We have been working two years with researchers from ENS to develop the algorithm to answer all these questions. Now, at Kamet, AXA’s startup studio, we are bringing our solution to the next level. Kamet backs different entrepreneurs building the next generation of technology companies, to improve and enrich the insurance ecosystem.
Our team is composed of 3 Data Scientists/Machine Learning Researchers, 5 Back and Front Developers, and 1 UX, in synergy with other startups teams inside Kamet.
Our main product is a Saas platform that helps clients to perform a competitive pricing toward their markets competitors. To do so, we are tackling strong AI modeling and computing paradigms.
Today, we’re looking for a back-end developer intern that has a strong interest for cloud computing and data science engineering. As part of our backend team, your typical set of missions will be :
- Build & deploy high performance cloud computing (concurrent and highly distributed) processing for our AI algorithms
- Optimize the run-time of machine learning models that calls a database with dozens of millions records.
- Maintain existing web APIs and build new ones.
- Work closely with our data scientists team.
Practically this is what you will be dealing with :
- Challenge: Bring innovative ideas to improve our platform, the quality of our cloud computing and development processes
- Learning: You will be fully involved in the heart of our platform, learning every day and see the impact of your work in production
- Environment: Working with people with different set of skills in a fast growing environment
- Technical stack: AWS cloud computing, Docker, Terraform, Python, Java/Spring
- Office Location: Kamet is an insurance tech startup studio located in the center of Paris
What profile are we looking for ?
We are looking for innovative and rigorous minds that wish to be core contributor to our platform :
- You are in the process of receiving a degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent
- You have a first valuable experience in development either with school or personal project
- A good vision on both back-end and infrastructure challenges
- You are a fast learner, curious and analytical person
- You are passionate & rigorous and able to question your achievements
- You love solving hard problems
- First experience in developing, releasing and maintaining web applications in a fast-growing environment
- Experience with AWS environment
- Experience with Docker, Terraform
- Experience maintaining and developing open source software
Kamet backs brash entrepreneurs building the next generation of ground breaking technology companies, geared to improve, enrich or disrupt the insurance ecosystem. With ofﬁces in Paris, and London, and soon in Asia and America, Kamet focuses on pioneering start-ups that are ready to scale across the global stage. Funded by the AXA group, Kamet delivers unparalleled access to a top corporations to match cutting-edge entrepreneurs with one of the world's most powerful FI/ Insurance company. A perfect storm is hitting the insurance ecosystem: Big data analytics and IoT, offering way to manage risks differently, new engagement models with customers, striving for simplicity and transparency, regulatory pressure, social networks, mobility and connectivity, each of the ongoing trends is opening endless opportunities to innovate and even disrupt a stable, conservative, often stone edged industry. There is a divide between market-leading corporations and innovative, technology-enabled startups: the ﬁrst have scale, but are too large to innovate quickly; the second are innovative by necessity, but often lack the scale to make a broad impact. To date, one of the biggest complaints about VCs is that they lack the proper structure and resources to connect these two disparate groups. Kamet and AXA recognised this opportunity and created a platform that bridges the gap. At the core, Kamet is a fast start-up studio. We host entrepreneurs, give them the opportunity to meet others, to share their ideas, to beneﬁt from ours, and we support them in developing their business, from the ground up.
Want to learn more about Kamet? Visit Kamet's website.
Jobs You May Like
Sr. Engineer, Quality Assurance (Revu/Studio Integration)
Bluebeam, Inc., Pasadena
Software Engineer - Perception Tools and Platform
Zoox, Foster City, CA
Engineering Manager, Monetization Platform
Optimizely, San Francisco CA, US
Site Reliability Engineer
TCGplayer, Atlanta, GA