Kamet focuses on pioneering start-ups that are ready to scale across the global stage. Funded by the AXA group, Kamet backs brash entrepreneurs building the next generation of groundbreaking technology companies, geared to improve, enrich or disrupt the insurance ecosystem. With offices in Paris, London and Tel-Aviv, and plans to expand to Asia and America, Kamet delivers unparalleled access to some top corporations to match cutting-edge entrepreneurs with one of the world's most powerful Insurance company.
A perfect storm is hitting the insurance ecosystem: Big data analytics and IoT, Social networks and regulatory pressure create new challenges. Kamet wants to develop new methods to manage risks, build new engagement models and is striving for simplicity and transparency, mobility and connectivity. Each of these emerging trends is opening endless opportunities to innovate and even disrupt a stable, conservative and often stone edged ecosystem. Kamet and AXA recognised this opportunity and created a platform that bridges the gap.
At the core, Kamet is a fast start-up studio where we host entrepreneurs, give them the opportunity to meet others, to share their ideas, to benefit from ours and we support them in developing their business from the ground up.
About our venture
We are an ambitious start-up disrupting the real estate market, by bringing to life new processing tools which will transform the way transactions are realized as well as a new distribution platform for innovative insurance products. We look at the French market first in the next 18-24 months before expanding into Europe.
Our product will “uberise” a major part of the real-estate economy and our approach is driven by consumer use easiness and scalability. We are a team of proven entrepreneurs with track record aimed at building stories with scale. We are closing a substantial round of financing which has been secured and are building our internal development team in the next 3 months.
About the position
We are looking to recruit a hands-on Lead Developer: a lead engineer that will help manage a team of engineers in delivering the technical aspects of the product. As a lean digital team we place great value on transparency, feedback, and the constant testing and iteration of our ideas and code.
You will work very closely with the founding team and will need to be proactive on the key aspects of the solution, from the architectural and technology choices to the day-to-day management of the development team. You will also work in a lean, agile environment to deliver the product roadmap and enforce best practices.
- Be responsible, for defining and building the system architecture of the solution, the technology stack (web and mobile), and a good product development process ensuring suitable quality metrics such as standards, performance and testing are maintained.
- Ensure the team delivers the technology roadmap to support business needs according to short/mid-terms objectives.
- Define and manage a release and deployment process suitable to the business needs.
- Ensure the technical team’s delivery and implementation of best practices relating to architecture, security and compliance.
- Implement suitable monitoring products to ensure application performance, security, compliance and operational stability.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of technology standards, industry trends, emerging technologies, software development best practice and communicate this knowledge efficiently across the team.
- Help build a progressive learning culture across the team.
Experience and Skills Required experience and skills
- At least 5 years of experience in development of IT solutions.
- Proficiency in ETL pipelines, for example using relational databases.
- Proficiency in containerization (e.g. Docker). ● Proficiency in Linux, bash and DevOps practices.
- Agile development experience within CI/CD.
- Competent with Test Driven Development and the appropriate automated testing tooling.
- Experience architecting and building solutions within commodity cloud computing, specifically AWS.
- Experience with IaaC (e.g.: CloudFormation, Terraform)
- Experience with Service Oriented Architecture, API design and integration.
- Proficient with source control within teams, specifically Git and GitHub.
- Self-starting initiative to go beyond assigned responsibilities and a problem-solving attitude.
- Fluent in English (oral and written)
- Excellent communication and relationship skills.
- You love working in an entrepreneurial environment. You are excited to have flexibility in your role and responsibilities, and the opportunity to contribute to wider organisational changes.
Why join us?
If you are excited by the prospect of using technological change to bring true value to society, come and work with us! You’ll be joining an ambitious and exceptional team, who shares a passion for creating real change in one of the most important moments of people’s lives: finding their home! We are hard workers, opened minded, fun to work with, we spent a lot of time designing our project with amazing and clever people and are deeply convinced that we have a gold mine in our hands! There is a competitive salary package and potential access to shareholding!
Kamet backs brash entrepreneurs building the next generation of ground breaking technology companies, geared to improve, enrich or disrupt the insurance ecosystem. With ofﬁces in Paris, and London, and soon in Asia and America, Kamet focuses on pioneering start-ups that are ready to scale across the global stage. Funded by the AXA group, Kamet delivers unparalleled access to a top corporations to match cutting-edge entrepreneurs with one of the world's most powerful FI/ Insurance company. A perfect storm is hitting the insurance ecosystem: Big data analytics and IoT, offering way to manage risks differently, new engagement models with customers, striving for simplicity and transparency, regulatory pressure, social networks, mobility and connectivity, each of the ongoing trends is opening endless opportunities to innovate and even disrupt a stable, conservative, often stone edged industry. There is a divide between market-leading corporations and innovative, technology-enabled startups: the ﬁrst have scale, but are too large to innovate quickly; the second are innovative by necessity, but often lack the scale to make a broad impact. To date, one of the biggest complaints about VCs is that they lack the proper structure and resources to connect these two disparate groups. Kamet and AXA recognised this opportunity and created a platform that bridges the gap. At the core, Kamet is a fast start-up studio. We host entrepreneurs, give them the opportunity to meet others, to share their ideas, to beneﬁt from ours, and we support them in developing their business, from the ground up.
Want to learn more about Kamet? Visit Kamet's website.
Jobs You May Like
NOC Analyst II
Red Ventures, South Charlotte
Senior Software Engineer - Search Systems
GitHub, Remote - US
Sales Engineer - Commercial
Machine Learning Engineer
Triplebyte, San Francisco
Senior Full Stack Engineer
Dahmakan, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia