At Kensho, we hire talented people and give them the autonomy, support, and resources needed to build cutting edge technology and products. We produce a suite of AI-powered solutions that solves the challenges of the largest, most successful businesses and institutions, helping them make sense out of a world full of messy data.
Kensho’s Applications group develops the software that delivers Kensho’s AI capabilities to our customers. Our teams are small, product-focused, and intent on shipping high-quality code that best leverages our efforts. We’re collegial, humble, and inquisitive, and we delight in learning from teammates with backgrounds, skills, and interests different from our own.
As a Software Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for driving engineering efforts as they relate to building, productionizing and scaling Kensho’s AI-powered products. As a manager, you would ensure the team is making measurable progress towards their goals, engaged & maintaining a healthy velocity, and you’ll provide technical insights and contributions to the team as well.
What You'll Do:
- Foster a team culture that aligns with Kensho’s values, engineering principles and technical excellence standards
- Provide continuous coaching and mentoring to the team, including real-time feedback relating to performance and development
- Scope out hiring needs informed by product direction and team composition
Develop team goals and outcomes in alignment with product goals
Support production service development and maintenance, sometimes in a hands-on capacity
- Drive solutions that have high observability and maintainability
Work with our talent acquisition and product teams to ensure the composition of the team matches our goals
What You'll Need:
- Experience leading a team of at least four engineers
- Experience leading remote and multi-office teams
- Experience using a data-driven approach to identify, solve, and prevent organizational problems
- Thoroughness and attentiveness to details in documentation, testing, and task management
- Excitement about understanding the individuals on your team and those with whom they interact the most
- Experience with conflict resolution and continuous feedback
- Hands-on experience building scalable, well-monitored production services
- Hands-on experience in system and API design
- Curiosity and inquisitiveness to gain an understanding of different perspectives
- Desire to balance your technical skill set alongside your people skill set; always optimizing for the technical growth and development of those on your team
- Desire to foster a high-performance, collaborative engineering culture as a code reviewer and mentor
At Kensho, we pride ourselves on providing top-of-market benefits, including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- 100% company paid premiums
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- 26 weeks of 100% paid Parental Leave (paternity and maternity)
- 401(k) plan with 6% employer matching
- Generous company matching on donations to non-profit charities
- Up to $20,000 tuition assistance toward degree programs, plus up to $4,000/year for ongoing professional education such as industry conferences
- Plentiful snacks, drinks, and regularly catered lunches
- Dog-friendly office (CAM office)
- In-office gyms and showers (CAM, DC)
- Bike sharing program memberships
- Compassion leave and elder care leave
- Mentoring and additional learning opportunities
- Opportunity to expand professional network and participate in conferences and events
Kensho uses machine learning, artificial intelligence, natural language processing and data visualization techniques to solve some of the hardest analytical problems and create breakthrough financial intelligence solutions for our parent company, S&P Global.
Kensho was founded in 2013 by Harvard & MIT alums and was acquired by S&P Global in 2018. Kensho continues to operate as a startup in order to maintain our distinct, independent brand and to promote our breakthrough, innovative culture. Our team of Kenshins enjoy a dynamic and collaborative work environment that runs autonomously from S&P, while leveraging the unparalleled breadth and depth of data and resources available as part of S&P Global. As Kenshins, we pride ourselves on maintaining an innovative culture that depends on diversity and inclusion.
We are an equal opportunity employer that welcomes future Kenshins with all experiences and perspectives. Kensho is headquartered in Cambridge, MA, with offices in New York City, and Washington D.C. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.