Who We Are
Kensho is a 100-person AI and machine learning company, centered around providing cutting-edge solutions to meet the challenges of some of the largest and most successful businesses and institutions. Our toolkit illuminates insights by helping the world better understand, process, and leverage messy data. Specifically, our solutions largely involve natural language processing (NLP) and include speech recognition (ASR), entity linking (NED), structured document extraction, automated database linking, text classification, and more. We are continuously expanding our portfolio and are looking for passionate researchers to help us build and deploy state-of-the-art models across a variety of domains!
At Kensho, we believe in flexibility-first, and give our employees the opportunity to work from where they feel most productive and engaged (must be in the United States). We also value in-person collaboration, so there may be times when travel to one of our Kensho hubs (NY/DC/MA) will be required for team meetings or company events.
About The Role
Kensho is looking for a Senior ML Engineer to join the Kensho Link
team to lead the technical evolution of the product. The Link team builds world-class solutions that map clients’ entities' data (companies, transactions, people, etc.) to unique ID numbers drawn from S&P Global’s world-class company database with precision and speed. The ideal candidate has passion for working with structured data.
What You’ll Do
- Provide technical leadership to the machine learning team working on the Kensho Link product
- Partner with Product manager to develop a future vision for the product
- Organize team’s work by translating product goals into technical once
- Facilitate day-to-day operations and timely delivery of a product
- Oversee and lead the work on the core capabilities that the team builds, including scoping and planning of ML projects
- Actively participate in the ML model lifecycle, from problem framing to training, deployment and monitoring in production
- Work in a cross-functional team of ML engineers, Product Managers, Designers, Backend & Frontend engineers who are passionate about their product
- Mentor and lead other ML Scientists and Engineers to help make our team even more awesome!
Who You Are
Outstanding people come from all different backgrounds, and we’re always interested in meeting talented people! Therefore, we do not require any particular credential or experience. If our work seems exciting to you, and you feel that you could excel in this position, we’d love to hear from you.
That said, most successful candidates will fit the following profile, which reflects both our technical needs and team culture:
- Have 5+ years of significant, hands-on experience designing, building, evaluating, and maintaining robust and scalable production ML systems
- Experience with scoping and planning of ML projects
- Exercise strong communication skills and can effectively express even complicated methods and results to a broad, often non-technical audience
- Excellent understanding of an ML-based product lifecycle
- Comfortable with modern tools for building ML pipelines, including data processing, training, inference, and evaluation
- Proficiency in Python
- Have led initiatives from the ideation stage to implementation
- [optional] Experience developing search or recommender systems
- [optional] Experience working with databases and other datastores
Technologies We Love
- ML: LightGBM, XGBoost, DVC, Weights & Biases
- Deployment: Airflow, Docker, Kubernetes, AWS
- Datastores: Postgres, SQLite, S3, Elasticsearch
At Kensho, we pride ourselves on providing top-of-market benefits, including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- 100% company paid premiums
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- 26 weeks of 100% paid Parental Leave (paternity and maternity)
- 401(k) plan with 6% employer matching
- Generous company matching on donations to non-profit charities
- Up to $20,000 tuition assistance toward degree programs, plus up to $4,000/year for ongoing professional education such as industry conferences
- Plentiful snacks, drinks, and regularly catered lunches
- Dog-friendly office (CAM office)
- In-office gyms and showers (CAM, DC)
- Bike sharing program memberships
- Compassion leave and elder care leave
- Mentoring and additional learning opportunities
- Opportunity to expand professional network and participate in conferences and events
Kensho uses machine learning, artificial intelligence, natural language processing and data visualization techniques to solve some of the hardest analytical problems and create breakthrough financial intelligence solutions for our parent company, S&P Global.
Kensho was founded in 2013 by Harvard & MIT alums and was acquired by S&P Global in 2018. Kensho continues to operate as a startup in order to maintain our distinct, independent brand and to promote our breakthrough, innovative culture. Our team of Kenshins enjoy a dynamic and collaborative work environment that runs autonomously from S&P, while leveraging the unparalleled breadth and depth of data and resources available as part of S&P Global. As Kenshins, we pride ourselves on maintaining an innovative culture that depends on diversity and inclusion.
We are an equal opportunity employer that welcomes future Kenshins with all experiences and perspectives. Kensho is headquartered in Cambridge, MA, with offices in New York City, and Washington D.C. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.