Kenzan, Denver, CO
Kenzan is a software engineering and full-service digital consulting firm.
Cloud Architect: Providence, RI | New York, NY | Denver, CO
Kenzan works with a wide range of clients in different industries to help them build out scalable platforms and infrastructure as code. We work to understand the nature of their business, the challenges they face, and how they are attempting to apply Platform as a Service as part of the solution. We also work with our partners in the open source community on projects like Spinnaker to build a better experience for all users.
At Kenzan, we create elegant software solutions that capture the eye and imagination. We pride ourselves on our kind and collaborative approach to difficult problems. If you are interested in joining our community of passionate and creative people, we’d like to hear from you.
What we’ll expect from you. We are looking for a Cloud Architect to help us work with clients to plan and implement large-scale software and platform deployments in the cloud, including new applications and migration of existing applications.
- Support a range of clients in their efforts to build infrastructure, applications, and deployment pipelines in the cloud
- Drive cloud architecture standards for use across clients
- Lead the assessment and adoption of new cloud technologies
- Ensure secure development patterns are documented and followed while the appropriate tools are used
- Collaborate with project managers, developers, DevOps, QA, and release teams
Some qualifications we are looking for.
- Architecture & Design
- Extensive experience with distributed systems design – RESTful, microservices
- Cloud & Automation
- Experience with one or more IAAS providers – AWS (preferred), GCP, or Azure
- Experience with one or more provisioners – Terraform, Ansible, Chef, or Puppet
- Familiarity with containers/orchestration tools – Docker, ECS, and Kubernetes
- Continuous Integration and Delivery (CI/CD)
- Experience with one or more integration tools – Spinnaker, Jenkins 2, or Bamboo
- Experience with one or more source control tools – Git/Github or Stash/Bitbucket
- Experience with build tools – Maven (preferred), Gradle, Make, or GCC
- Experience with packaging tools – Yarn, NPM, RPM, or FPM
- Experience building, installing, configuring, and patching software by hand
- Working knowledge of artifact repositories – Nexus or Artifactory
- Familiarity with discovery tools - Consul (preferred) or Etcd
- Networking & Security
- Strong working knowledge of TCP/IP networking and security
- Experience with access/identity tools and secrets management
- Familiarity with best practices and experience implementing them
- Software & Frameworks
- Familiarity with app frameworks – NetflixOSS, NodeJS, Spring, or Reactive
- Familiarity with reviewing and analyzing code as a developer
- Databases & Operating Systems
- Experience with NoSQL datastores – Cassandra, MongoDB, Redis, or Hadoop
- Experience with runtime environments – Linux/Ubuntu, macOS, and Windows
- Strong working knowledge of Infrastructure as Code (IaC)
- Strong working knowledge of 12 Factor Apps (12FA)
- Strong working knowledge of what is required to be Cloud Native (CN)
- Strong working knowledge of the Systems Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
- Management & Communication
- Experience leading and engaging multiple teams to present and formulate a unified project vision
- Exceptional communication skills (written, verbal, and presentation)
- Strong planning, coordination, estimation, and issue-resolution skills
- Ability and willingness to mentor and train team members
- A bachelor’s degree in a related area and 6+ years of experience in the field (a Master’s degree is a strong plus) or a demonstrated ability and 8+ years of experience in the field
- A track record of continuing education and certifications are desirable
- Availability to travel for client engagements as needed (25% listed for high travel position)
What you can expect from us. We offer competitive salary, health benefits, and a 401K plan. Join our collaborative working environment with lots of natural light, and everything you need to be your best.
- Mentorship, and opportunities to grow and learn
- Collaboration with experienced professionals
- A supportive and non-competitive community
- Best-of-breed tools for resource management including your choice of machine (most of us use MacBook Pros or Lenovos running Ubuntu)
- Exposure to projects in a variety of different technology environments: web, TV and mobile, front- and back-end design, cloud infrastructure, DevOps, and Platform as a Service utilizing proprietary platforms and back-end administrative systems
- A commitment to your professional growth, including a stipend for coursework and professional development resources
One last thing, if you have a lot of these skills, but not all of them, please still apply. We love to teach those who are willing to learn.
More about us. Kenzan is a professional services company owned by Amdocs that specializes in digital transformation, application development, and architecture consulting. Combining leadership with technical expertise, Kenzan works with partners and clients to craft solutions that leverage cutting-edge technology, from ideation to development and delivery. We are highly collaborative, exceptionally detail-oriented, and love to be challenged. We use the latest technology including cloud infrastructure, containerization, and continuous integration and delivery tools.
Kenzan is a software engineering and full-service digital consulting firm that provides customized, end-to-end solutions that align technical strategy with business goals. Combining leadership with technical expertise, Kenzan works with partners and clients to craft solutions that leverage cutting-edge technologies, from ideation to development and delivery. Their services include Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) and Application Development, Digital Transformation, Architecture Consulting, Cloud Virtualization, and DevOps Leadership.
Clients include HBO, Thomson Reuters, Charter Spectrum and Starz. Kenzan partners with organizations like Pivotal and DataStax to create solutions that leverage the latest technologies such as cloud infrastructure, containerization, and continuous integration and delivery tools.
Founded in 2004, Kenzan is owned by Amdocs. Their team consists of architects, engineers, developers, project managers & business analysts, and dev testers, with offices across the U.S. in Rhode Island, New York City, Los Angeles, and Denver.