Senior Lead Developer / Technical Architect
Kenzan, Denver, CO
Kenzan is a software engineering and full-service digital consulting firm.
Senior Lead Developer / Technical Architect: Denver, CO
You are an innovative architect with wide-ranging knowledge of how the full stack of a web application comes together and a balanced appreciation of technologies and approaches. You have an innate desire to learn that’s as strong as your passion for sharing knowledge. You’re as comfortable in front of an audience of developers as you are behind the screen.
At Kenzan, we create elegant software solutions that capture the eye and imagination. We pride ourselves on our kind and collaborative approach to difficult problems. We are looking for a talented technical architect to help us full-time on web and mobile application projects in our Providence or Denver offices. You’ll also work with architects and developers at our client sites to help get them on board with the latest tools and technologies.
What we’ll expect from you.
- Create software application architecture that meets all requirements, provides for future extensibility, and aligns with the client’s business needs
- Lead an agile team of developers to help them plan sprints, complete stories, and meet project objectives
- Travel to client sites in North America to coach client architects and developers
- Design and deliver training sessions on specific technologies, including sample code and projects
Work side-by-side with client architects and developers to help them integrate new technologies into their workflows
Some qualifications we are looking for.
- Expertise in front-end and/or back-end development, including experience with relevant development tools such as Angular, Node.js, and Java 1.8+.
- Experience in the design, development, and deployment of large-scale enterprise applications with multiple tiers
- Experience integrating applications with databases such as MongoDB and Cassandra
- Understanding of cloud-based environments
- Thorough understanding of REST APIs
- Experience with unit and integration testing tools such as Protractor or Jasmine, and build tools such as Gulp or Webpack
- Extensive experience with version control systems (Git is preferred) and issue tracking systems (JIRA is preferred)
- Highly comfortable with Bash and the command line
- Familiarity with containers and associated tools such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Bachelor's Degree plus 4—6 years experience, or 6–8 years proven work experience, or demonstrated ability
Some qualifications we consider a plus.
- Experience with microservices architecture, continuous integration processes, or serverless architecture
- History of actively engaging with the development community or presenting at MeetUps or conferences
- Passion for traveling, meeting other technical architects, and sharing technical knowledge
What you can expect from us. We offer competitive salary, health benefits, and a 401K plan. Join our collaborative working environment with lots of natural light, and everything you need to be your best.
- Mentorship, and opportunities to grow and learn
- Collaboration with experienced professionals
- A supportive and non-competitive community
- Best-of-breed tools for resource management including your choice of machine
- Exposure to projects in a variety of different technology environments: web, TV and mobile, front- and back-end design, cloud infrastructure, DevOps, and Platform as a Service utilizing proprietary platforms and back-end administrative systems
- A commitment to your professional growth, including coursework and professional development resources
One last thing, if you have a lot of these skills, but not all of them, please still apply. We love to teach those who are willing to learn.
More about us. Kenzan is a professional services company owned by Amdocs that specializes in digital transformation, application development, and architecture consulting. Combining leadership with technical expertise, Kenzan works with partners and clients to craft solutions that leverage cutting-edge technology, from ideation to development and delivery. We are highly collaborative, exceptionally detail-oriented, and love to be challenged. We use the latest technology including cloud infrastructure, containerization, and continuous integration and delivery tools.
Kenzan is a software engineering and full-service digital consulting firm that provides customized, end-to-end solutions that align technical strategy with business goals. Combining leadership with technical expertise, Kenzan works with partners and clients to craft solutions that leverage cutting-edge technologies, from ideation to development and delivery. Their services include Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) and Application Development, Digital Transformation, Architecture Consulting, Cloud Virtualization, and DevOps Leadership.
Clients include HBO, Thomson Reuters, Charter Spectrum and Starz. Kenzan partners with organizations like Pivotal and DataStax to create solutions that leverage the latest technologies such as cloud infrastructure, containerization, and continuous integration and delivery tools.
Founded in 2004, Kenzan is owned by Amdocs. Their team consists of architects, engineers, developers, project managers & business analysts, and dev testers, with offices across the U.S. in Rhode Island, New York City, Los Angeles, and Denver.