Cloud Architect - Azure
Kenzan, Dallas, TX
Kenzan is a software engineering and full-service digital consulting firm.
Kenzan works with a wide range of clients in different industries to help them build out scalable platforms and infrastructure as code. We delve into the nature of their business, the challenges they face, and how cloud native solutions and DevOps can accelerate their application development and delivery process. We deliver implementations beginning with cloud application assessments and cloud strategy through to team structure and delivery automation. We also contribute with our partners in the open source community on projects like Spinnaker to build a better experience for all users.
What we’ll expect from you.
- Own the Azure cloud customer engagements including architectural design sessions and specific implementation projects
- Ensure solutions exhibit high levels of performance, security, scalability, maintainability, and appropriate reusability and reliability
- Be the voice of the customer, share insights and best practices, and connect with engineering teams to remove key blockers
- Develop deep relationships with key customer IT decision makers to drive long-term cloud adoption
- Understand the customer’s application portfolio, priorities and success measures to migrate infrastructure and applications using the principles of DevOps and automation
- Apply technical knowledge and customer criteria to create a cloud modernization roadmap
- Collaborate with other cloud architects to develop complex end-to-end enterprise solutions on the Microsoft Azure platform
You bring these qualifications.
- Architecture and Technology
- Experience with cloud architecture design, cloud and hybrid infrastructures, and migration of on-premise workloads to the cloud
- Experience with Azure solution components
- Experience with orchestration frameworks and Continuous Integration and Delivery (CI/CD) tools
- Experience with security, networking, databases and infrastructure as code
- Strong working knowledge of 12 Factor Apps (12FA)
- Strong working knowledge of what is required to be Cloud Native (CN)
- Strong working knowledge of the Systems Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
- Management & Communication
- Experience leading and engaging multiple teams to present and formulate a unified project vision
- Experience working under Agile methodologies (Scrum, Safe, etc.) with tools like Jira and Rally
- Exceptional communication skills and experience building and managing customer relationships
- Strong planning, coordination, estimation, and issue-resolution skills
Additional qualifications we consider.
- A demonstrated ability and 8+ years of experience in the field or a bachelor’s degree in a related area and 6+ years of experience in the field (a Master’s degree is a strong plus)
- A track record of continuing education and certifications are desirable
- Availability to regularly travel for client engagements as needed
What you can expect from us. We offer competitive salary, health benefits, and a 401K plan. Join our collaborative working environment with lots of natural light, and everything you need to be your best.
- Mentorship, and opportunities to grow and learn
- Collaboration with experienced professionals
- A supportive and non-competitive community
- Best-of-breed tools including your choice of machine (most of us use MacBook Pros, but we are Windows friendly, too)
- Exposure to projects in a variety of different technology environments: web, TV and mobile, front- and back-end design, cloud infrastructure, DevOps, and Cloud Native solutions.
- A commitment to your professional growth, including a stipend for coursework and professional development resources
More about us. Kenzan is a professional services company owned by Amdocs that specializes in digital transformation, application development, and architecture consulting. Combining leadership with technical expertise, Kenzan works with partners and clients to craft solutions that leverage cutting-edge technology, from ideation to development and delivery. We are highly collaborative, exceptionally detail-oriented, and love to be challenged. We use the latest technology including cloud infrastructure, containerization, and continuous integration and delivery tools.
Kenzan is a software engineering and full-service digital consulting firm that provides customized, end-to-end solutions that align technical strategy with business goals. Combining leadership with technical expertise, Kenzan works with partners and clients to craft solutions that leverage cutting-edge technologies, from ideation to development and delivery. Their services include Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) and Application Development, Digital Transformation, Architecture Consulting, Cloud Virtualization, and DevOps Leadership.
Clients include HBO, Thomson Reuters, Charter Spectrum and Starz. Kenzan partners with organizations like Pivotal and DataStax to create solutions that leverage the latest technologies such as cloud infrastructure, containerization, and continuous integration and delivery tools.
Founded in 2004, Kenzan is owned by Amdocs. Their team consists of architects, engineers, developers, project managers & business analysts, and dev testers, with offices across the U.S. in Rhode Island, New York City, Los Angeles, and Denver.