Back End Developer
Kenzan, Guadalajara, Mexico
Kenzan is a software engineering and full-service digital consulting firm.
Back End Developer: Guadalajara, Mexico
At Kenzan, we create elegant software solutions that capture the eye and imagination. We pride ourselves on our kind and collaborative approach to difficult problems. If you are interested in joining our community of passionate and creative people, we’d like to hear from you.
We’re looking for back end developers to help us full-time on web and mobile application projects in our Kenzan offices and occasionally on-site with our clients. We need people who are innovative, detail-oriented and relish the opportunity to work on a broad range of projects with a diverse team of smart and quirky individuals.
Some qualifications we are looking for.
- Working knowledge of the Java programming language and object-oriented design principles
- Familiarity with developing for and deploying to cloud-based environments, specifically AWS and EC2
- Understanding of Web services, specifically REST APIs, Jersey, and Jackson
- Familiarity with Servlet Engines such as Jetty, Tomcat, JBoss, or NGINX
- Familiarity with unit and integration testing using JUnit or TestNG
- Familiarity with build tools such as Maven, Gradle, or Ant
- Highly comfortable with Bash and the command line
- Self-starting and team-oriented, with the ability to mentor others
- Ability to accurately estimate work effort
- Strong understanding of agile development methodology
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Availability to travel for client engagements, as needed (up to 25% listed for high travel position)
- Bachelor's degree plus 2-4 years experience, or 4-6 years proven work experience, or demonstrated ability
Some qualifications we consider a plus.
- Familiarity with workflow and development tools such as JIRA, Confluence, Stash, Github, or Gitflow
- Experience building REST APIs
- Experience using Jenkins for continuous integration or debugging builds
- Understanding of cloud computing architecture
What you can expect from us. We offer a competitive salary and health benefits. Join our collaborative working environment with lots of natural light, and everything you need to be your best.
- Mentorship, and opportunities to grow and learn
- Collaboration with experienced professionals
- A supportive and non-competitive community
- Best-of-breed tools for development including your choice of machine (most of us use MacBook Pros or Lenovos running Ubuntu)
- Exposure to projects in a variety of different technology environments: Web, TV and mobile, front- and back-end design, cloud infrastructure, DevOps, and Platform as a Service utilizing proprietary platforms and back-end administrative systems
- A commitment to your professional growth, including coursework and professional development resources
One last thing, if you have a lot of these skills, but not all of them, please still apply. We love to teach those who are willing to learn.
More about us. Kenzan is a professional services company owned by Amdocs that specializes in digital transformation, application development, and architecture consulting. Combining leadership with technical expertise, Kenzan works with partners and clients to craft solutions that leverage cutting-edge technology, from ideation to development and delivery. We are highly collaborative, exceptionally detail-oriented, and love to be challenged. We use the latest technology including cloud infrastructure, containerization, and continuous integration and delivery tools.
Kenzan is a software engineering and full-service digital consulting firm that provides customized, end-to-end solutions that align technical strategy with business goals. Combining leadership with technical expertise, Kenzan works with partners and clients to craft solutions that leverage cutting-edge technologies, from ideation to development and delivery. Their services include Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) and Application Development, Digital Transformation, Architecture Consulting, Cloud Virtualization, and DevOps Leadership.
Clients include HBO, Thomson Reuters, Charter Spectrum and Starz. Kenzan partners with organizations like Pivotal and DataStax to create solutions that leverage the latest technologies such as cloud infrastructure, containerization, and continuous integration and delivery tools.
Founded in 2004, Kenzan is owned by Amdocs. Their team consists of architects, engineers, developers, project managers & business analysts, and dev testers, with offices across the U.S. in Rhode Island, New York City, Los Angeles, and Denver.