Product Manager- School Enablement
Khan Academy, Delhi or Bangalore, India
Our mission is to provide a free, world‑class education for anyone, anywhere
About Khan Academy
Khan Academy is a fast-paced, nonprofit startup on a mission to provide free, world-class education for anyone, anywhere. We already reach millions of students every month and are growing rapidly. While lakhs of self-directed students across India use our online learning resources of their own volition in any given month, our schools' team is particularly focused on the thousands of teachers across India who implement our resources in school settings in a more disciplined fashion.
About the Role
For our schools’ team, we are looking for an entrepreneurial individual who can help us create and deploy a tech-enabled program/ solution that will shape a self-sustaining implementation ecosystem for thousands of schools across India. Such a program will help Khan Academy scale up its nationwide reach and impact, and fulfil the overwhelming demand for our services with little proportionate increase in our own headcount and costs.
This will principally mean crafting custom-developed and off-the-shelf web-based products and programs to help Khan Academy partners to successfully plug our teaching resources into school systems nationwide. The overarching goal of these products and programs will be to ensure high fidelity use of our learning resources in classrooms on a massive scale. We will do this while nimbly acting on data that measures the eventual success of these products and programs. What’s more, you’d need to leverage your experience with Agile development to put out product and program deliverables in quick sprints, and iterate quickly to feed your learnings into a continuous improvement cycle. Examples of these products and programs include a mastery-based online teacher training product, a hybrid online-offline teacher credentialing program, and a WhatsApp-based smart teacher support bot. The role will also include selecting and enabling third-party partners to supplement our team’s reach and effectiveness.
This position is core to Khan Academy's growth in India, and your work will be pivotal to our success as an organisation.
So, if impact is your thing - impact on the way millions of kids worldwide are experiencing a school education and the way teachers use student data instead of just gut instinct to craft their teaching - come talk to us.
- Lead strategy and delivery of school enablement products and programs as described above by conducting market and user research, scoping product requirements, working with Khan Academy teams and partners on delivery timelines, and measuring effectiveness;
- Iterate on products and programs in quick cycles working closely with schools and teachers;
- Develop and manage a network of third party partners who are trained and enabled to support the Khan Academy India team;
- Work with diverse stakeholders in large national and state level public school systems in successful deployment of products and programs;
- Liaise internally as necessary on behalf of Khan Academy India with our many teams in other countries (Mostly US and South America);
- Explore experimental/ entrepreneurial initiatives to improve the experience of teachers on Khan Academy;
- ~30% travel estimated (Seasonal).
- A Bachelors or post-graduate degree;
- 8+ years or more experience, with at least 3 years in product management;
- Experience in formal or informal K12 school education, either working in schools, non-profits, ed-tech firms or in the tutoring industry, a huge plus;
- Experience forging partnership ecosystems from scratch (even if you did this outside the education space) would be advantageous;
- An entrepreneurial mindset, including a high tolerance for ambiguity, a penchant for experimentation, equally at ease working alone or in a team, and a bias toward action, whether based on data or strong gut instinct. Some startup experience would be a plus;
- You’re a problem solver by nature, you’re comfortable finding implementable solutions and moving quickly in a fast-paced environment;
- Outstanding communication skills, ability to communicate concisely and persuasively in multiple formats, including email, written documents, digital presentations, and verbal conversations;
- Highly analytical. Comfortable & skilled at working with large volumes of data, identifying trends, and drawing evidence-based conclusions. Equally comfortable analysing qualitative customer insights to iterate on products and programs;
- Systems thinking. Ability to analyse and understand schools as complex systems and to apply that same type of systems thinking to these products and programs you build as we seek to continuously improve the way we operate;
- Exceptional project management & organisational skills with strong attention to detail;
- You’re invigorated by the possibility of helping provide free, world-class education for anyone, anywhere.
Perks and Benefits
We may be a non-profit, but we reward our talented team like a for-profit.
- Competitive salaries
- Flexible schedules and required time off to ensure you are well-rested
- Comprehensive insurance (medical, dental, vision, life)
- Delicious lunches daily
- Paid parental leave
- Remote-friendly workplace
- Fun team events and board game nights!
- Sal’s TED talk from 2011
- Sal’s TED talk from 2015
- A glimpse of our team: http://www.khanacademy.org/about/the-team
How to Apply
- Attach your resume or LinkedIn URL in the space provided below.
- Attach your response in the space provided below. We prize brevity, so please try to be as specific as possible :)
- Using any format you prefer to respond (essay / infographic / video…), describe a mass-market / consumer product/program that you owned that you are proud of. What problem(s) were you solving for, how did you arrive at the possible solution(s), how did you use customer insights to shape, and iterate on the solution, and how did you measure the eventual success of the product/program?
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status.
About Khan Academy
A personalized learning resource for all ages Khan Academy offers practice exercises, instructional videos, and a personalized learning dashboard that empower learners to study at their own pace in and outside of the classroom. We tackle math, science, computer programming, history, art history, economics, and more. Our math missions guide learners from kindergarten to calculus using state-of-the-art, adaptive technology that identifies strengths and learning gaps. We've also partnered with institutions like NASA, The Museum of Modern Art, The California Academy of Sciences, and MIT to offer specialized content.
Want to learn more about Khan Academy? Visit Khan Academy's website.
390 Active Jobs
Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives.
Jobs You May Like
Project Manager (Experienced in Software Implementations)
Kurtosys, Cape Town, Claremont, South Africa