Senior Product Manager
Khan Academy, Mountain View, CA
Our mission is to provide a free, world‑class education for anyone, anywhere
Khan Academy is looking for passionate product managers to help change education – join us on our mission to provide a free, world-class education for anyone, anywhere.
We believe that a wide range of experiences and backgrounds help us to build products that serve many types of learners. Our fun, quirky team comes from a variety of backgrounds and includes people from industries in and outside of tech: K-12 schools, Google, Apple, TFA, Mozilla, coding bootcamps, Fog Creek, Facebook, Pixar, tiny startups and more.. Khan Academy attracts talent from some of the top organizations in the Bay Area and beyond; our team includes individuals who attended private universities and community colleges, as well as folks who didn't graduate from college. Together, we’re a small but strong team, deeply invested in your future.
We currently have one open position that could be filled by a Senior Product Manager. If you have 7+ years of experience in product management, please apply for our Principal PM role located here.
OUR PRODUCT MANAGERS
- Have a track record for building engaging, delightful product experiences
- Are thoughtful about what makes a great user experience
- Think deeply about user needs, competitive & market trends, company strategy and can ruthlessly prioritize
- Have entrepreneurial, collaborative spirit and passion for education
We take on world-changing challenges – some of which have never been solved before. Examples include:
- Making high quality educational content, ranging from videos to interactive exercises, easily available on all major devices, in countries around the world
- Creating free, Official SAT Practice in partnership with the College Board
- Building the LearnStorm math challenge that rewards both mastery and learning hustle to promote a growth mindset
- Defining a product vision, strategy, roadmap, and milestones with our Content Platform team
- Working closely with developers and designers to guide products from concept through launch
- Soliciting insight and feedback from our Content Creators, in-region Khan localization teams, Curators, teachers & learners.
- Deep intuition and passion for what makes a great product as well as a desire to help Khan Academy bring a free, world-class education to anyone, anywhere.
- 5+ years experience in product management, preferably with a focus on media/content or content tools as your product
- Proven history of managing and shipping successful software products with cross-functional teams, at scale, including outside U.S. to rest of world
- Experience designing & building a platform with desktop, mobile, and Accessibility in mind.
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to clearly articulate a vision and strategy
- Experience working closely with engineers and designers on technical, architectural problems
- Strong data, metrics, and analysis skills
- Deep empathy for learners around the world and a curiosity about what makes a great learning experience. You love learning and are excited about helping others learn to love learning. You’re motivated to learn new things, experiment, and share what you learn with the world.
HOW TO APPLY
Along with your resume please provide:
1) A short description of a product that you’ve worked on and whether you felt it was successful
2) A short explanation of why you’re passionate about learning and would like to join Khan Academy
Don’t worry, this does not need to be a formal cover letter, just something that will just help us get to know you a little better!
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, medical conditions, genetic information, disability, or Veteran status.
About Khan Academy
A personalized learning resource for all ages Khan Academy offers practice exercises, instructional videos, and a personalized learning dashboard that empower learners to study at their own pace in and outside of the classroom. We tackle math, science, computer programming, history, art history, economics, and more. Our math missions guide learners from kindergarten to calculus using state-of-the-art, adaptive technology that identifies strengths and learning gaps. We've also partnered with institutions like NASA, The Museum of Modern Art, The California Academy of Sciences, and MIT to offer specialized content.