Principal Product Manager
Khan Academy, Mountain View, CA
Our mission is to provide a free, world‑class education for anyone, anywhere
Khan Academy is looking for passionate product managers to help change education – join us on our mission to provide a free, world-class education for anyone, anywhere.
We believe that a wide range of experiences and backgrounds help us to build products that serve many types of learners. Our fun, quirky team comes from a variety of backgrounds and includes people from industries in and outside of tech: K-12 schools, Google, Apple, TFA, Mozilla, coding boot camps, Fog Creek, Facebook, Pixar, tiny startups and more. Khan Academy attracts talent from some of the top organizations in the Bay Area and beyond; our team includes individuals who attended private universities and community colleges, as well as folks who didn't graduate from college. Together, we’re a small but strong team, deeply invested in your future.
We currently have two open positions across our Student and Learning Platform teams.
On the Student team, you'll work on products that support millions of learners around the world to reach their potential. You'll help the largest user base at Khan Academy get the help they need to achieve their goals in class.
On the Learning Platform team, you'll work on user-facing aspects of our platform that are utilized by every product in Khan Academy, including things like our mastery and progression mechanics as well as easier search and navigation across all platforms.
OUR PRODUCT MANAGERS
- Have a track record for building engaging, delightful product experiences
- Are thoughtful about what makes a great user experience
- Think deeply about user needs, competitive & market trends, company strategy and can ruthlessly prioritize
- Have entrepreneurial, collaborative spirit and passion for education
We take on world-changing challenges – some of which have never been solved before. Examples include:
- Making high quality educational content, ranging from videos to interactive exercises, easily available on all major devices in countries around the world
- Creating free, Official SAT Practice in partnership with the College Board
- Building the LearnStorm math challenge that rewards both mastery and learning hustle to promote a growth mindset
- Defining a product vision, strategy, roadmap, and milestones with your team
- Working closely with developers and designers to guide products from concept through launch
- Soliciting insight and feedback from students, teachers, parents and partners
- Deep intuition and passion for what makes a great product as well as a desire to help Khan Academy bring a free, world-class education to anyone, anywhere.
- 7+ years experience in product management with focus on mobile, consumer internet, gaming, or education
- Proven history of managing and shipping successful software products with cross-functional teams
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to clearly articulate a vision and strategy
- Experience working closely with engineers and designers on technical problems
- Strong data, metrics, and analysis skills
- A passion for mentoring fellow product managers and willingness to do whatever’s needed to support KA’s needs
- Deep empathy for learners around the world and a curiosity about what makes a great learning experience. You love learning and are excited about helping others learn to love learning. You’re motivated to learn new things, experiment, and share what you learn with the world.
WE OFFER THE FOLLOWING BENEFITS
We may be a non-profit, but we reward our talented team well!
- Competitive salaries and annual bonuses
- Ample paid time off as needed – we are about getting things done, not face time
- Delicious catered lunch daily plus tons of snacks and beverages
- The opportunity to work on high-impact software and programs that are already defining the future of education
- Great location: walking distance to Caltrain and downtown Mountain View
- Awesome team events and weekly board game nights
- A fun, high-caliber team that trusts you and gives you the freedom to be brilliant
- Oh, and we offer all those other typical benefits as well: 401(k) + 4% matching & comprehensive insurance including medical, dental, vision, and life
About Khan Academy
A personalized learning resource for all ages Khan Academy offers practice exercises, instructional videos, and a personalized learning dashboard that empower learners to study at their own pace in and outside of the classroom. We tackle math, science, computer programming, history, art history, economics, and more. Our math missions guide learners from kindergarten to calculus using state-of-the-art, adaptive technology that identifies strengths and learning gaps. We've also partnered with institutions like NASA, The Museum of Modern Art, The California Academy of Sciences, and MIT to offer specialized content.
Want to learn more about Khan Academy? Visit Khan Academy's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Product Designer - Consumer Products
Foursquare, New York
TCGplayer, Syracuse, NY
Braintree Payments, Chicago
littleBits, New York, NY
Email Deliverability & Compliance Specialist
Product Manager - Enterprise
PlanGrid, San Francisco, CA