Community Support Associate
Khan Academy, Mountain View, CA
Our mission is to provide a free, world‑class education for anyone, anywhere
Khan Academy is looking for a passionate Community Support Associate to help change education – join us on our mission to provide a free, world-class education for anyone, anywhere. This role is located out of our Mountain View office, with the possibility to eventually transition to remote.
As the Community Support specialist representing our international efforts, you’ll be Khan Academy’s strongest link between the organization and our amazing translator communities. You’ll be responsible for managing communication channels, creating best practices, onboarding new volunteers, and making sure that translators around the world have the tools and resources they need to bring Khan Academy’s content to their communities. This is an incredible opportunity for an experienced community-builder to have a real impact on global education access.
- The biggest immediate responsibility you’ll have is owning the support channels for our volunteer translators, working under our Community Support Manager. You’ll get to know the community and our support processes, and start identifying and implementing improvements right away.
- You’ll also manage the translator community forums, making sure that conversations are productive, replies are timely, notable threads are escalated internally, and that the community is proactively communicated with about all relevant internal updates.
- In addition, you’ll be responsible for keeping relevant Help Center content up-to-date and making sure new resources are added as necessary.
- As the employee who works most closely with the community, you’ll be an essential voice and champion for translators throughout the company. You’ll work across the company with many different teams and individual leaders to ensure that we’re keeping localization needs front-of-mind. This includes keeping track of top feature requests and pain points, and tirelessly advocating for them on the product team.
- You’ll also compile and send out periodic reports to ensure that the company at large is kept updated about relevant trends and community sentiment.
- As you work through our community support processes, you’ll be able to see where we could be doing better. You’ll work with our existing support team to design and implement improvements on a continual basis.
- 2-6+ years professional experience, including:
- Experience working with online communities and/or user support, ideally managing and growing teams of advocates / ambassadors / support agents. You keep up-to-date on the latest in community support best practices, and know how to problem-solve your way out of the thorniest online conflicts.
- Consumer tech experience - ideally in support, community, product, project management, or other roles that work directly with product development teams.
- Excellent written communication, which you can adapt for a variety of online audiences
- Comfort working both independently and within a defined structure. This role will have many opportunities for you to leave your personal mark on it, and someone excited about autonomously driving projects will be able to have a big impact.
- Ability to own a problem or goal, identify the path to success, and execute on it. You’re able to manage a number of projects and responsibilities within the timeline you’ve set for yourself.
- A passion for online communities, educational access, and volunteer programs
Nice to have
- Prior experience working or volunteering in education environments, whether in the classroom, edtech, or elsewhere
- Experienced user of Khan Academy - how many energy points do you have? :)
- Project management experience
- Proficiency with Zendesk, Slack, Asana / Jira, and/or other user support tools
- Understanding of basic business analytics
- Experience managing profession-focused online communities
- A passion for global cultures and languages
- Rare reaction gifs, custom emoji, and bad dad jokes
WE OFFER THE FOLLOWING BENEFITS
We may be a non-profit, but we reward our talented team well!
- Highly competitive salaries and annual bonuses
- Ample paid time off as needed – we are about getting things done, not face time
- Delicious catered lunch daily plus tons of snacks and beverages
- The opportunity to work on high-impact software and programs that are already defining the future of education
- Great location: walking distance to Caltrain and downtown Mountain View
- Awesome team events and weekly board game nights
- The ability to improve real lives
- A fun, high-caliber team that trusts you and gives you the freedom to be brilliant – we treat new hires more like co-founders
- Oh, and we offer all those other typical benefits as well: 401(k) + 4% matching & comprehensive insurance including medical, dental, vision, and life
- Sal’s TED talk from 2011
- Sal’s TED talk from 2015
- Our engineering principles
- Our career development guide for engineers
- KA Engineering blog
- You Can Learn Anything: https://www.khanacademy.org/youcanlearnanything
- Our team: http://www.khanacademy.org/about/the-team
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.
About Khan Academy
A personalized learning resource for all ages Khan Academy offers practice exercises, instructional videos, and a personalized learning dashboard that empower learners to study at their own pace in and outside of the classroom. We tackle math, science, computer programming, history, art history, economics, and more. Our math missions guide learners from kindergarten to calculus using state-of-the-art, adaptive technology that identifies strengths and learning gaps. We've also partnered with institutions like NASA, The Museum of Modern Art, The California Academy of Sciences, and MIT to offer specialized content.
Want to learn more about Khan Academy? Visit Khan Academy's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior/Group Product Manager, Universal Directory and Directory Integrations
Okta, San Francisco, CA or San Jose, CA
Product Analytics Manager - Cloud Filesystem
Dropbox, San Francisco, CA
Senior Product Owner, Developer Products
MuleSoft, San Francisco
Patient Care Navigator
Quartet, Seattle, WA
Technical Specialist - Power Electronics Mechanical Design
Faraday Future, Gardena, CA
Product Owner Data Warehouse (m/f)