Senior Engineering Manager
Kickstarter, San Francisco
The world's largest funding platform for creative projects
WITHIN 1 MONTH, YOU'LL:
- Investigate, solve and release a bug fix to production. In order to do this you will ramp up on Lever’s engineering stack by pair-programming with your teammates and attending engineering training sessions designed and presented by the team.
- Complete Lever’s new-hire training week (a.k.a. Ramp Camp), and learn what it means to build a powerful recruiting platform.
- Introduce yourself and your management philosophy with a presentation to the engineering team.
- Meet with cross-functional peers around the company to learn how the organization functions.
WITHIN 3 MONTHS, YOU'LL:
- Conduct weekly 1-1s with your direct reports. Mentor, coach, and train your reports on how to set quarterly goals, create plans to achieve them, and unblock any obstacles along the way.
- Run the weekly engineering all-hands team meeting in turn with our two other engineering managers. Set the agenda, encourage participation from the team, and ensure meeting runs efficiently. Solicit regular feedback to iterate on the content and format. Deliver your first engineering project. Help the project team to coordinate their work; collaborate effectively with other functions; identify, communicate and reduce risk; run effective meetings and periodic project retrospectives.
- Update and improve the Engineering onboarding process and documentation. Ensure that the next new hire onboarding is able to be completed faster and easier than your own.
- Keep our engineering candidate pipeline full by seeking out new candidates. Refer out of your network, send outbound to passive candidates, network at industry events, and nurture relationships through informal coffee chats and lunches.
- Source, interview, and close an engineering candidate. Work closely with the recruiting team and hiring panel to identify, vet and hire the best candidate for the team.
WITHIN 6 MONTHS, YOU'LL:
- Analyze and diagnose areas of improvement to the hiring process. Monitor metrics like interview load and conversion rate in order to find opportunities for improvement. Measure the impact of changes on the quality, throughput, and consistency of signal in the hiring pipeline.
- Work with the engineering leadership team to align, establish and promote engineering-wide priorities, including new features, system refactoring, infrastructure investments, and tool building.
- Represent Lever externally by writing for our engineering blog, participating in volunteer events at local bootcamps like Hackbright and Telegraph Academy, and attending industry events.
WITHIN 12 MONTHS, YOU'LL:
- Help set the standard for what engineering leadership looks like at Lever. Take us to the next level on topics like one-on-ones, goal setting, feedback and coaching, career planning, or continued education around soft skills and technical skills.
- Define career path opportunities for our engineering team so that all of our engineers can see paths for career development. Help our engineers identify the best direction for their own growth and then coach them along their chosen path.
- Develop new leaders by identifying leadership opportunities (leading projects, presenting to the team, conducting onboarding sessions, mentoring new hires) and matching them to appropriate members of the engineering team.
Kickstarter helps artists, musicians, filmmakers, designers, and other creators find the resources and support they need to make their ideas a reality. To date, tens of thousands of creative projects — big and small — have come to life with the support of the Kickstarter community.
Want to learn more about Kickstarter? Visit https://www.kickstarter.com/
Jobs You May Like
IT Support Specialist
Harry’s, New York, NY
Services Architect (Raleigh, NC)
Okta, Raleigh, NC
Lead Client Success Engineer, Placed
Snap Inc., Seattle, WA
Electrical Engineer - Intern (San Jose)
Velodyne, San Jose
Senior Software Engineer - Mapping
Lyft, Seattle, WA