Senior Android Engineer
The world's largest funding platform for creative projects
In this Role, You Will:
- Support, build, and ship our Android application, with an understanding of platform best practices and release lifecycle.
- Embrace a close collaboration with cross-platform colleagues to provide a cohesive experience, tailored to Android best practices.
- Be committed to product excellence to ensure the smoothest user experience, targeting Android devices running Marshmallow and later.
- Be a steward of our Open Source community efforts, working publicly and managing external contributions on Github.
- Work in a continuous, agile build and release cycle that we are consistently working to improve.
- You have strong professional experience building native Android apps with design patterns in Android SDK and Java, such as Dependency Injection and MVVM.
- You are familiar, or interested in functional programming, RxJava, and Kotlin.
- You are familiar with testing in Android and writing easy-to-test code.
- You demonstrate strong communication skills and the ability to translate technical ideas into understandable concepts for others.
- You are naturally curious and committed to learning and skill-sharing.
- You are collaborative and value the benefits of pair programming.
Kickstarter helps artists, musicians, filmmakers, designers, and other creators find the resources and support they need to make their ideas a reality. To date, tens of thousands of creative projects — big and small — have come to life with the support of the Kickstarter community.
Want to learn more about Kickstarter? Visit Kickstarter's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.