Kiva (kiva.org) is an international nonprofit with a mission to expand financial access to help underserved communities thrive. We run a global marketplace platform to crowdfund microloans for financially excluded entrepreneurs, farmers and students around the world. Our organization combines the culture and technological passion of an internet start-up with the compassion and empathy of a non-profit to create impact and opportunity at global scale. In just 13 years, we have raised more than $1.2 billion in loan capital for 2.7 million borrowers in 83 countries. Our lenders fund over $10 million in loans every month. With offices in San Francisco, Portland, New York, Nairobi, and Bangkok, Kiva's team includes 100+ employees and 400+ volunteers worldwide. Our team is growing as we pursue exciting new opportunities to create a financially inclusive world.
As a Marketing Analyst at Kiva you’ll be responsible for making the best data-driven decisions to reach objectives. From campaign analysis, to source attribution, and including AB testing, you’ll be the eyes, ears and brains of one of the most critical teams at Kiva. If you love technology in general and software in particular, if you’re highly analytical yet want your work to have a direct impact on a company’s trajectory, if you’re interested in seeing a fast-growing startup expand and scale, this job is for you!
We are seeking someone who is passionate about the Kiva mission. Launched in September of last year, Kiva Protocol gives unbanked people digital identity and secure control over their own credit information. This role will involve someone with impressive leadership, operational, product, technical and marketing skills.
At this time, we can only consider applicants with authorization to work in the United States on a permanent, full-time basis; unfortunately we cannot provide visa sponsorship.
Key responsibilities include:
- Building marketing analytics metrics, reports and dashboards to keep all stakeholders informed of the current business trends.
- Day-to-day understanding of performance related to campaigns, and proactively identify areas of improvements.
- Over time, develop insightful analyses that will inform the company’s go-to market strategy.
- Forecast the performance of the different marketing channels, and the overall contribution of the Demand Generation.
- Define rules for channel attribution to maximize the overall output of the Demand Generation team.
- Continually improve processes and tools; push for automation wherever applicable.
- 3+ years marketing analytics experience.
- Direct experience in digital marketing.
- Excellent understanding of standard marketing performance metrics and KPIs: CPA, CAC, LTV and ROI, etc.
- Good understanding of how web traffic tracking and analytics work, and what attribution models are for.
- Experience working with Google Analytics, AdWords.
- Experience designing and analyzing digital marketing experiments.
- Experience with SQL and data visualization tools (Looker, Mode, Periscope, etc.) or desire and ability to learn fast.
- Excellent presentation, written, and verbal communication skills.
- BA or BS in math, economics, finance or other quantitative discipline.
- Passionate about Kiva and its long term potential.
What We Offer
- An opportunity to improve real lives, solve hard problems, and change the world
- Friendly, supportive, and adventurous environment with a team of engaged colleagues
- A comprehensive, industry-leading benefits package
- Opportunities to connect with and learn from colleagues and partners around the world
A diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is an integral part of Kiva's culture. We actively welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a great place to work. Join us and help us achieve our mission!
Kiva is an international nonprofit, founded in 2005 and based in San Francisco, with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. We celebrate and support people looking to create a better future for themselves, their families and their communities. By lending as little as $25 on Kiva, anyone can help a borrower start or grow a business, go to school, access clean energy or realize their potential. For some, it’s a matter of survival, for others it’s the fuel for a life-long ambition. 100% of every dollar you lend on Kiva goes to funding loans. Kiva covers costs primarily through optional donations, as well as through support from grants and sponsors.