Kiva (kiva.org) is an international nonprofit with a mission to expand financial access to help underserved communities thrive. We run a global marketplace platform to crowdfund microloans for financially excluded entrepreneurs, farmers and students around the world. Our organization combines the culture and technological passion of an internet start-up with the compassion and empathy of a non-profit to create impact and opportunity at global scale. In just 13 years, we have raised more than $1.2 billion in loan capital for 2.7 million borrowers in 83 countries. Our lenders fund over $10 million in loans every month. With offices in San Francisco, Portland, New York, Nairobi, and Bangkok, Kiva's team includes 100+ employees and 400+ volunteers worldwide. Our team is growing as we pursue exciting new opportunities to create a financially inclusive world.
As a Kiva US Operations Associate, you will participate in the execution of Kiva’s social underwriting process. You will learn the current process we use to source and vet borrowers, as well as engage with the larger team in making improvements to our process and infrastructure. In other words, you will be performing the tasks that turn a submitted loan application into capital in an entrepreneur’s hands.
This is an entry-level position.
Key responsibilities include:
- Manage the vetting process for entrepreneurs interested in receiving a loan through Kiva
- Pilot process and infrastructure improvements for our US credit operations
- Track impact and loan fundraising metrics
- Create and support projects aimed at increasing the value entrepreneurs receive from Kiva
- Own the feedback loop for process improvements to our borrower application
- Strong critical thinking, with an eye for detail and ownership of your work
- Enjoys completing processes efficiently while maintaining high quality
- Thorough and organized, responsible and reliable
- Highly proactive and able to work independently
- Ability to manage time well and prioritize across competing tasks
- Spanish is a plus
- Experience with Salesforce is a plus
What We Offer
- An opportunity to improve real lives, solve hard problems, and change the world
- Friendly, supportive, and adventurous environment with a team of engaged colleagues
- A comprehensive, industry-leading benefits package
- Opportunities to connect with and learn from colleagues and partners around the world
A diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is an integral part of Kiva's culture. We actively welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a great place to work. Join us and help us achieve our mission!
Kiva is an international nonprofit, founded in 2005 and based in San Francisco, with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. We celebrate and support people looking to create a better future for themselves, their families and their communities. By lending as little as $25 on Kiva, anyone can help a borrower start or grow a business, go to school, access clean energy or realize their potential. For some, it’s a matter of survival, for others it’s the fuel for a life-long ambition. 100% of every dollar you lend on Kiva goes to funding loans. Kiva covers costs primarily through optional donations, as well as through support from grants and sponsors.