Director of Impact Investor Relations
Location: New York or Remote
Kiva (kiva.org) is an international nonprofit with a mission to expand financial access to help underserved communities thrive. We run a global marketplace platform to crowdfund microloans for financially excluded entrepreneurs, farmers, and students around the world. Our organization combines the culture and technological passion of an internet start-up with the compassion and empathy of a non-profit to create impact and opportunity at a global scale. In just 14 years, we have raised more than $1.4 billion in loan capital for 3.2 million borrowers in 83 countries. Our lenders fund over $10 million in loans every month. With offices in San Francisco, Portland, New York, Nairobi, Bogota, and Bangkok, Kiva's team includes 100+ employees and 400+ volunteers worldwide. Our team is growing as we pursue exciting new opportunities to create a financially inclusive world.
In 2019, Kiva launched Kiva Capital, our asset management subsidiary that manages impact-first return bearing vehicles for the world’s leading impact investors. Kiva Capital is looking for a talented and highly motivated Director of Impact Investor Relations to join our team. The Director of Impact Investor Relations will be a leader in enhancing Kiva Capital’s reputation as a solutions provider for all manner of impact-first investors. This position will combine exciting aspects of business development with Impact strategy and will entail significant operational contributions early on, requiring an entrepreneurial mindset and a multi-talented and versatile team player.
This is a key role within Kiva Capital and offers a tremendous opportunity to be an early hire at a fast-growing Impact asset manager. The candidate will report to the Senior Director of Strategic Investments and Investor Relations and have close interaction with Kiva’s Impact team and Strategic Partnership team as well as with other senior-level executives within Kiva.
Key responsibilities include:
- In coordination with Kiva Capital’s Senior Director of Investor Relations, execute a cohesive Investor Relations and Fundraising strategy to bring a world-class cohort of Impact Investors into the Kiva orbit.
- Coordinate and act as QA for the investor reporting function for all Kiva Capital vehicles.
- Collaborate with existing Fundraising professionals across all of Kiva to highlight Kiva Capital’s solutions and opportunities to many funders and investors.
- Post-close of Kiva Capital strategies, foster strong ongoing communications with fund investors as Kiva Capital continues to grow.
- Partner with Kiva’s existing and growing network of Corporate supporters to use the Impact Investing model to maximize their impact-minded dollars.
Fund Structuring and Stakeholder Management
- Partner with existing Impact professionals to position Kiva as a leading platform to deepen impact at scale via continued advances in borrower voice, social performance management, Technical Assistance provision and client protection principles.
- Act as the subject matter expert with external stakeholders, including Investors and donors, on Kiva Capital’s Impact philosophy.
- Articulate Kiva Capital’s Impact-first philosophy in 1on1 settings with clients as well as industry conferences, panels, and roadshows.
- Serve as the lead on new fund development from an impact perspective, including sourcing new vehicle ideas based on Impact research generated by teams across Kiva and the industry in general.
- Ensure the integration and clear articulation of the Impact profiles of all current and future Kiva Capital vehicles by leveraging Kiva’s internal Impact team and the latest in external research.
- 10+ years of relevant professional experience including 7+ years in asset management, preferably in an investor relations or business/product development capacity.
- Deep understanding of Impact Investing frameworks.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; disciplined, detail-oriented, and accountable.
- Experience in the design and implementation of impact investment fund products preferred.
- Strong leadership skills and demonstrated ability to influence.
- Demonstrated financial acumen and understanding of private markets.
- Demonstrated commitment to Kiva’s mission of expanding financial inclusion.
- Advanced proficiency in PowerPoint helpful.
- Travel will be required starting in late 2021 but will generally be at or less than 25%.
Kiva is an international nonprofit, founded in 2005 and based in San Francisco, with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. We celebrate and support people looking to create a better future for themselves, their families and their communities. By lending as little as $25 on Kiva, anyone can help a borrower start or grow a business, go to school, access clean energy or realize their potential. For some, it’s a matter of survival, for others it’s the fuel for a life-long ambition. 100% of every dollar you lend on Kiva goes to funding loans. Kiva covers costs primarily through optional donations, as well as through support from grants and sponsors.
Want to learn more about Kiva? Visit Kiva's website.
The best bed for better sleep
Jobs You May Like
Industry X- PLM / Digital Thread Functional Expert Senior Manager
Accenture, CA - San Francisco, USA