Real Estate Counsel
Knotel, Knotel NYC
Commit to your business, not a lease Headquarters as a Service
Reporting to directly to our General Counsel, the Real Estate Counsel will be charged with managing our real estate portfolio and outside lease counsel, liaising with property owners and managers, negotiating leases and other property arrangements, and serving as a bridge between Knotel’s Legal and Real Estate teams. S/he will be responsible for our ongoing partner relationships as well as assisting with strategic objectives for future property development projects. Knotel continues to expand and the Real Estate Counsel will ensure we meet the demands of our rapidly growing property portfolio.
What You’ll Do
- Manage process and outside counsel from the initial negotiation phase through lease (and other property agreement) execution
- Work closely with our Real Estate team in conducting due diligence and setting strategic objectives as Knotel undergoes rapid international growth
- Manage internal systems to facilitate efficient lease review and negotiations, tracking of key lease terms and related data
- Negotiate letters of intent, leases and other property agreements while keeping all parties, outside counsel and real estate advisors, informed
- Responsible for building and maintaining property partner relationships
- Update and maintain our portfolio of licenses and permits
- Review commencement date agreements, estoppels, SNDAs and other related documents.
Who You Are
You have an entrepreneurial spirit and product driven mindset. You’re excited by the challenges that come along with building a disruptive business and this role is exciting to you because you want to build and improve internal process, policies and products at high growth company. You pride yourself on your judgement and ability to act decisively in situations requiring quick but thorough analysis and decision-making. You’re detail-oriented, have strong organizational and communication skills, and are able to prioritize and re-prioritize based on changing business needs. You also have the following:
- Have at least 4-8 years experience in commercial real estate transactions, ideally at both a law firm and in-house (previous tenant-side commercial leasing experience a plus)
- Have a JD from a top accredited law school and exceptional academic credentials
- Are a member in good standing of the New York bar, or eligible to register as in-house counsel in New York
Knotel is a fast growing real estate startup that is inventing new ways to get things done in a traditional industry. Led by veteran founders, Knotel creates custom headquarters for companies without any of the headaches. Whether for 20 or 500 people, for 6 months or 6 years, Knotel provides businesses the flexibility and design they need in office space so they can focus on their work.
Our Core Values
Fly your Flag - Don’t check your identity at the door. Bring it inside - we are better for it.
Don’t Look Away- Care for the details no one told you about. Make every space a home and give the gift of belonging.
Outcomes, Not Processes- Time is precious. Save it. Start with the goal and back out the journey
Get Uncomfortable- Innovation starts at the edge of the unknown. Embrace the adventure and sign up for the hairy challenges.
“Where is it Engraved…”- Question orthodoxy.
Share in the Victory Dance- No one summits alone. Leverage the best in others and offer the most in yourself.
Diversity & Inclusion at Knotel
At Knotel, we know that a diverse workforce fuels our individual and collective success. We are committed to building an inclusive, collaborative culture where people of all races, genders, sexual orientations, and religious backgrounds can do their best work.
ABOUT US Knotel provides branded spaces for companies, allowing businesses to cut costs and enjoy the freedom of a flexible lease. Knotel builds and designs your HQ, supports your team’s everyday needs, and hosts thought-provoking events that help your company thrive. Knotel’s 1,000+ member network includes companies like Cheddar, The Body Shop, and Teachable.
Want to learn more about Knotel? Visit Knotel's website.
Jobs You May Like
Developer - iOS
Sr Business Systems Analyst
Endurance International Group, Waltham, MA
Human Resources Partner
Red Ventures, Charlotte, NC
Bishop Fox, PHX, SFO
Sr. Associate, Regulatory Operations
Bluebird Bio, Cambridge, MA, USA
Contracts Manager/Paralegal, Consumer Products & Partner Marketing
Netflix, Los Angeles, California