Kobalt is a mission led company. Music is a fundamental part of society and everything we do is focused on serving the creators of that music.
We give them the services they need, we give them the tools to grow their career, we give them control over their future. At Kobalt we believe that by focusing on serving creators we can build a fairer, more vibrant and ultimately larger music industry.
Our mission started in 2000, we have come a long way and now have the pleasure of calling some of the greatest names in the industry our partners. Global stars like Paul McCartney, Foo Fighters, Stevie Nicks, Bon Iver, Sam Smith, Björk, Mumford & Sons, Lauv, Childish Gambino and many more work with our teams and our products on a daily basis.
In any typical week our creators impact over 40% of the top 100 songs and albums in the US and UK. With 10 offices worldwide and 650 strong team we have scale and stability yet we are on a fast paced growth journey.
To live up to the potential in our business and keep pace with this expansion we must constantly challenge our mindsets and habits, be flexible in our approaches and seek the best from ourselves and our teams.
We are an entrepreneurial business within an industry that overflows with passion and creative freedom. Sound like fun? Come talk to us.
Kobalt Music is looking to hire a Technical Product Manager to work alongside a peer group of Product Managers and technologists. Our mission is to change the way that musicians and artists are represented in the music industry.
This role will be to work in Kobalt’s Collection Society, AMRA. This is the part of the business that collects royalties on behalf of our Publisher and Writer clients. As a Technical Product Manager for the Usage Ingestion and Usage Processing teams in AMRA, your responsibility would be to plan the roadmap and backlog of the AMRA Usage Ingestion and Usage Processing development, work closely with the AMRA organisation to gather/document requirements and partner with the engineering teams to deliver our products successfully. This role is varied and you will also work on operational issues from time to time to ensure the AMRA business runs smoothly.
- Own and deliver the product roadmap for the AMRA Usage Ingestion and Usage Processing teams
- Act as the primary liaison with AMRA’s operation teams
- Groom and prioritize product backlog
- Incorporate and analyse new feature requests into product roadmap
- Develop user stories and define acceptance criteria
- Help team refine and improve its processes using Agile methods
- Use data to improve decision making and product quality
- Experience as Technical Product Manager, Business Analyst or Product Owner
- Hands-on experience with JIRA ticketing, feature specifications, feature prioritisation, backlog refinement
- Familiarity with Agile methods and the ability to promote new approaches to improve ways of working
- Excellent problem-solving, organisational, technical writing and analytical skills
- Proactive product management; identifying problems and offering solutions
- A track record of delivering products from early specification through to completion
- Comfortable working with senior business and engineering stakeholders
- Experience with large scale data platforms and data workflows (data extraction, manipulation, formatting, distribution)
WHAT YOU WILL GET IN RETURN?
- A competitive salary in addition to a generous pension scheme (up to 5% matched)
- Peace of mind - we offer comprehensive health cover and in the event that you are unable to work we will continue to pay up to 75% of your salary
- Learning and Development modules including online learning platforms such as Udemy, BookBoon and more
- Regular meetups hosted in the office on a range of topics from Scala to Agile Leadership
- Wellbeing - we care about your physical and mental health and offer you subsidised gym memberships, a cycle to work scheme, sports clubs, office yoga, (almost) daily meditation classes
- A great office, on the River Thames with one of London’s largest commercial roof gardens (including a summer rooftop music festival)
- Everything you need to do your job and enjoy your place of work including fresh fruit and cereal, fantastic open space on our roof and shower facilities
- Our infamous Kobalt Socials including quarterly-company wide rooftop parties and regular team socials, beers/wine/soft drinks on a Friday and the odd famous person doing a gig in the office
About Kobalt Music Group
Our Company Kobalt has prioritized creators from the start. Willard Ahdritz founded Kobalt in 2000 with a mission: Making the music industry more fair and rewarding for creators. He wanted to give artists, songwriters, musicians, labels and publishers the freedom and transparency they needed to build their careers. Today, Kobalt does exactly that. Our music services combined with our innovative technology offer a viable alternative to the traditional industry model. We’re trusted by some of the world’s greatest artists, and we represent more than 40% of the top 100 songs and albums in the U.S. and U.K
Want to learn more about Kobalt Music Group? Visit Kobalt Music Group's website.
Jobs You May Like
TCGplayer, Syracuse, NY