Kobalt Music is looking for a proactive, professional, and ambitious Senior Finance Assistant to work closely with the Songwriter Services and Neighbouring Rights team that offers end-to-end solutions for composers, artists, publisher & labels, to support the day-to-day running of these business areas.
You will be the “go-to/fix-it” person as you interact with the wider business on reconciliation as well as external auditors on audit file preparations. Working in our finance team requires a flexible and adaptable individual who thrives in a fast-paced and ever evolving environment as the role offers great opportunity to grow and develop and is expected to work across all Kobalt Business Units over time.
The successful candidate will have some working experience in a finance team, as well as a desire to begin or continue with ACA, ACCA or CIMA qualifications. In return, you gain valuable experience working with a close-knit and high calibre accounting team as the role offers great development for those at the start of their accounting careers in the exciting sectors of both music and technology.
Kobalt is the leading technology-powered music services company, for over 50,000 artists and songwriters and 800 labels and publishing companies. Through Kobalt technology and services, creators benefit from more money, better reporting, and maintain ownership and control over how their work is distributed, tracked, collected, and monetized. With the award-winning Kobalt desktop portal and app, Kobalt clients get real-time insight into their work and activity.
We’re currently over 400 people based across 10 offices and we’re expecting to grow. That’s where you come in. If you feel like the fast-paced, rewarding environment of our rapidly growing company is for you - share your story! Apply today and tell us why you are the next best addition to our successful team!
WHAT DOES A SENIOR FINANCE ASSISTANT AT KOBALT DO?
- Monthly and quarterly preparation of royalty related balance sheet reconciliations (client advances and client payables and royalty holding accounts)
- Preparation of quarterly audit files
- Assist in intercompany reconciliations
- Weekly variance analysis on royalty receipts against budget
- Assist in preparation of annual statutory accounts
- Ad-hoc tasks and projects as required to support Finance Managers
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- 1+ year working in a finance function
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Strong team player
- Great awareness of deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience interacting with multiple departments
- Strong Excel skills
- Degree educated as well as a desire to begin/continue with ACA, ACCA or CIMA qualification
- Aptitude for working with large volumes of numerical data
- Purchase ledger experience is desirable
- Experience using NetSuite is desirable
Most important is that you are ambitious and flexible and can adapt to a growing and changing department!
Applicants must be eligible to work in the United Kingdom. Verification checks will be conducted during the interview process and a full DBS check on acceptance of offer. Kobalt is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.
About Kobalt Music Group
Our Company Kobalt has prioritized creators from the start. Willard Ahdritz founded Kobalt in 2000 with a mission: Making the music industry more fair and rewarding for creators. He wanted to give artists, songwriters, musicians, labels and publishers the freedom and transparency they needed to build their careers. Today, Kobalt does exactly that. Our music services combined with our innovative technology offer a viable alternative to the traditional industry model. We’re trusted by some of the world’s greatest artists, and we represent more than 40% of the top 100 songs and albums in the U.S. and U.K