We are looking for a Dev Ops / Build and Release Engineer to join a newly formed team. You will enable the developers and testers to be better at their roles by providing the support and tools that they need. You will work on automated code builds and deployment, and support best-of-breed software development tools. This is a great opportunity to play a key role in a growing team. You’ll bring your existing skills, and also learn new ones, as we continuously strive for improvement in software development and deployment.
Kobalt is the leading technology-powered music services company, offering end-to-end solutions for over 50,000 artists and songwriters and 800 labels and publishing companies. Through Kobalt technology and services, creators benefit from more money, better reporting, and maintain ownership and control over how their work is distributed, tracked, collected, and monetized. With the award-winning Kobalt desktop portal and app, Kobalt clients get real-time insight into their work and activity.
We’re currently over 450 people based across 10 offices and we’re expecting to grow. That’s where you come in.
WHAT DOES A DEV OPS / BUILD AND RELEASE ENGINEER AT KOBALT DO?
- Designs and supports automated builds and the continuous integration pipeline
- Supports the developers and QA teams by making it easy for them to deploy and release software
- Promotes and supports tools and services for the technology teams to use
- Shares best practice with the development teams
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
We are looking for engineers with one or more of the following skills – expertise in one or two is preferred to a shallow knowledge of many of these
- Experience with build and continuous integration tools (Jenkins, Bamboo, TeamCity, Shippable, Circle CI, Travis etc), creating and maintaining build and deployment pipelines
- Experience with cloud (AWS) deployment, and Terraform
- Load balancers, proxy servers, Tomcat
- Experience with Java builds using Maven, GIT, Bitbucket
- Experience with web\PHP\Composer builds and deployment
- Managing development support tools and services such as
- Artifact repositories (Artifactory)
- Logging, alerting and monitoring tools
- Hashicorp products – Consul, Vault
- Password management tools
- Configuration management tools (Ansible, Puppet, Chef)
You will also need the following skills and experience
- Experience working side-by-side with developers and testers, providing support
- Linux skills for deployments, troubleshooting and scripting
- Basic SQL\database skills (Oracle – PL/SQL would be an advantage)
Kobalt is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.
About Kobalt Music Group
Our Company Kobalt has prioritized creators from the start. Willard Ahdritz founded Kobalt in 2000 with a mission: Making the music industry more fair and rewarding for creators. He wanted to give artists, songwriters, musicians, labels and publishers the freedom and transparency they needed to build their careers. Today, Kobalt does exactly that. Our music services combined with our innovative technology offer a viable alternative to the traditional industry model. We’re trusted by some of the world’s greatest artists, and we represent more than 40% of the top 100 songs and albums in the U.S. and U.K
Want to learn more about Kobalt Music Group? Visit Kobalt Music Group's website.
Jobs You May Like
Security Operations Engineer
eero, San Francisco
Entry-Level Cognitive Process Transformation Consultant (Public Sector)
IBM, Washington, D.C.
Part Time Front End Web Development Instructor
General Assembly, Austin
Senior Data Engineer, Content Data Engineering
Netflix, Los Angeles, California
Repair Technicians (Mobile Phones + Tablets)
Senior Full Stack Engineer
SurveyMonkey, San Mateo