We are looking for a Dev Ops / Build and Release Engineer to join a newly formed team. You will enable the developers and testers to be better at their roles by providing the support and tools that they need. You will work on automated code builds and deployment, and support best-of-breed software development tools. This is a great opportunity to play a key role in a growing team. You’ll bring your existing skills, and also learn new ones, as we continuously strive for improvement in software development and deployment.
Kobalt’s tech platform, KTech, is currently responsible for sending worldwide notifications of all clients’ songs; and it delivers albums, singles and videos to a whole host of digital services, including iTunes, Spotify, YouTube and many others. It also licenses use of clients work in TV, Film, Games and Adverts. Once all of that has been done, it then has the not-so-small job of processing the millions of resulting payments.
This is an established yet fast growing creator-centric company of artists and songwriters including The Chainsmokers, Kelly Clarkson, Miles Davis, Dave Grohl, Lauv, Zayn Malik, Max Martin, Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, Paul McCartney, Stevie Nicks, Pitbull, Elvis Presley, Skrillex, Sam Smith, and many more. Kobalt represents on average over 40% of the top 100 songs and albums in both the US and UK.
We’re currently 600 people based across 10 offices and we’re still growing.
WHAT DOES A DEV OPS / BUILD AND RELEASE ENGINEER AT KOBALT DO?
- Designs and supports automated builds and the continuous integration pipeline
- Supports the developers and QA teams by making it easy for them to deploy and release software
- Promotes and supports tools and services for the technology teams to use
- Shares best practice with the development team.
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
We are looking for engineers with one or more of the following skills – expertise in one or two is preferred to a shallow knowledge of many of these
- Experience with build and continuous integration tools (Jenkins, Bamboo, TeamCity, Shippable, Circle CI, Travis etc), creating and maintaining build and deployment pipelines
- Experience with cloud (AWS) deployment, and Terraform
- Load balancers, proxy servers, Tomcat
- Experience with Java builds using Maven, GIT, Bitbucket
- Experience with web\PHP\Composer builds and deployment
- Managing development support tools and services such as
- Artifact repositories (Artifactory)
- Logging, alerting and monitoring tools
- Hashicorp products – Consul, Vault
- Password management tools
- Configuration management tools (Ansible, Puppet, Chef)
You will also need the following skills and experience
- Experience working side-by-side with developers and testers, providing support
- Linux skills for deployments, troubleshooting and scripting
- Basic SQL\database skills (Oracle – PL/SQL would be an advantage)
Applicants must be eligible to work in the United Kingdom. Verification checks will be conducted during the interview process and a full DBS check on acceptance of offer. Kobalt is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.
About Kobalt Music Group
Our Company Kobalt has prioritized creators from the start. Willard Ahdritz founded Kobalt in 2000 with a mission: Making the music industry more fair and rewarding for creators. He wanted to give artists, songwriters, musicians, labels and publishers the freedom and transparency they needed to build their careers. Today, Kobalt does exactly that. Our music services combined with our innovative technology offer a viable alternative to the traditional industry model. We’re trusted by some of the world’s greatest artists, and we represent more than 40% of the top 100 songs and albums in the U.S. and U.K