PRINCIPAL FRONTEND ENGINEER
Kobalt Music has revolutionised the music publishing industry by putting the creator at the centre of everything we do.
We use technology to provide unparalleled transparency, serving artists, songwriters, and publishers with licensing management works and rights distribution, royalty collection and processing, online data and royalty statements and creative services
Kobalt represents over 5,000 artists, 600,000 songs, and works with 500 publishing companies worldwide
K-Tech is a subsidiary of Kobalt Music Group which provides technology that is used across the Kobalt Group.
Following a £70m Series D round of funding and as part of our continued high growth we are looking for a Principle Frontend Engineer to lead Frontend efforts across K-Tech’s user group. You will act as the technical authority for frontend and as part of a central shared team will parachute into individual teams and projects.
You will provide technical insight on a variety of new and existing projects within the web team, including a digital music distribution platform and a powerful management tool for our clients and their songwriters.
You will join a growing team of passionate software developers working on our award-winning client facing web-portal in a friendly environment. The web portal is a very powerful tool for our clients to interact with their account, including a global real-time activity feed and full unparalleled access to detailed historical data reporting.
WHAT DOES A PRINCIPLE FRONTEND ENGINEER AT K-TECH DO?
- Serve as technical lead on the most demanding issues facing the team - breaking down and resolving problems with innovative technical solutions
- Upskill current Frontend engineering team on single page application framework
- Support peers and more junior engineers in the implementation of technical innovation through mentoring, coaching and inspiring individuals
- Understand system dependencies and work collaboratively with all technology teams to overcome issues
- Represent Frontend engineering to the product and design team, build relationships and improve collaboration
- Work with Platform Architect and web team leads on best practice and strategic technical roadmap
- Experience of work as a senior/principal engineer in a team of highly skilled technologists
- Able to present and justify technical solutions and frameworks to improve technical and process efficiency
- Experience of Modern JS – we use React Redux
- Experience in developing component libraries
- Experience of developing large complex Single Page Applications
- Developing applications with a heavy focus on UX/UI
- Experience with CSS/SVG animations
- Familiarity with web server-side technologies
- Understanding of build tools (Grunt/Gulp/Webpack)
KOBALT MUSIC GROUP BENEFITS FROM DAY ONE
- Annual Leave - Contractually 25 days, however, Kobalt closes its offices for the 3 days between Christmas and New Year’s when staff contribute 1 day.
- Life Assurance - Equal to four (4) times base salary.
- Income Protection - Covers 75% of base salary up to the age of 65.
- Pension - Kobalt comply with auto-enrolment legislation, and currently contribute 1% of base salary if eligible staff stay in the pension scheme, currently with Aviva.
- Eye Test - Voucher scheme in partnership with Smart Employee Eyecare.
- Childcare Vouchers - Via Busy Bees.
- Fresh Fruit - Delivered twice a week!
- Regular Staff Socials - Including large summer & Christmas party and regular team socials.
POST PROBATIONARY PERIOD BENEFITS
- Private Medical Insurance - Policy is with the BUPA ‘select’ scheme, with the ability to upgrade to a partner or family membership.
- Cycle To Work - In partnership with Evans Cycles.
- Travel Insurance - Covers both business and personal travel.
- Interest-Free Season Ticket Loan - Loans deducted from net pay, typically over a 12-month period.
In 2017, Kobalt was named Publisher of the Year at the Music Week Awards (UK) and has won the Independent Music Publisher Award eight consecutive times. Kobalt Music Group was recognised as the 2013 ASCAP Publishing Administrator of the Year and in 2014 our industry-leading Portal web application won the "Innovation in Publishing" award at the MusicAlly awards.
Wired.co.uk - How data saved music http://eydisrupters.films.economist.com/
CHECK OUT OUR BLOG
Applicants must be eligible to work in the United Kingdom. Verification checks will be conducted during the interview process and a full DBS check on acceptance of an offer. Kobalt is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.
About Kobalt Music Group
Our Company Kobalt has prioritized creators from the start. Willard Ahdritz founded Kobalt in 2000 with a mission: Making the music industry more fair and rewarding for creators. He wanted to give artists, songwriters, musicians, labels and publishers the freedom and transparency they needed to build their careers. Today, Kobalt does exactly that. Our music services combined with our innovative technology offer a viable alternative to the traditional industry model. We’re trusted by some of the world’s greatest artists, and we represent more than 40% of the top 100 songs and albums in the U.S. and U.K
Want to learn more about Kobalt Music Group? Visit Kobalt Music Group's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Front End Engineer
Tradeshift, Bucharest, Romania
MLB Advanced Media, MLB Advanced Media, Boulder, MLB Advanced Media, New York, MLB Advanced Media, San Francisco
i.am+ Hollywood HQ, Hollywood
Software Developer - Search
Scribd, Toronto, Ontario, Canada