PRODUCT DESIGNER – LONDON
Kobalt is the leading technology-powered music services company, offering end-to-end solutions for over 50,000 artists and songwriters and 800 labels and publishing companies. We’re currently over 500 people based across 10 offices and we’re expecting to grow.
KTech Services Ltd is a wholly owned subsidiary of Kobalt Music Group, based in the UK. KTech licenses its Technology Platform – the most advanced rights management platform in the world – allowing Kobalt Group to efficiently collect, process and account for the billions of micro-transactions in today’s complex digital landscape. With the award-winning Kobalt desktop portal and app, Kobalt clients get real-time insight into their work and activity.
KTech’s current clients are; Kobalt Music Publishing, AWAL, Kobalt Neighbouring Rights, Kobalt Music Recordings, and AMRA
Joining an emerging and growing Product team you will be responsible for delivering compelling and elegant design solutions across the range of Kobalt business applications and products. You will be joining at a crucial time when there are significant projects and a long-term roadmap to deliver on. We seek a self-starter who thrives as a product designer making complex technical applications easy to use and look amazing.
You will work with our Lead Product Designer and UX designer and will interface closely with motivated product managers, a large team of front and back-end engineers and business stakeholders. Our products include an award-winning web client portal and app that presents account data to clients as well as a groundbreaking product for emerging artists – AWAL.
- Translate broad complex concepts, customer needs (internal and external) and business requirements into simple, intuitive designs
- Create work that adds value to the user-experience; balancing ease-of-use with system functionality
- Be the go-to person for Interaction design, visual design & product design
- Create and revise site maps, storyboards, user scenarios, MVP prototypes
- Articulate and demonstrate design concepts in meetings and make smart decisions that move the product development process forward
- Create and adhere to design standards that reflect best practices while keeping an eye on emerging trends and how they might be utilized
- Participate in a friendly and cooperative work environment, giving and accepting feedback, encouraging innovation within the team
- Multi-task and prioritize between several projects in various stages of completion
- Excellent product design demonstrated in a portfolio
- A strong data background where you can break down complex data into simple and initiative designs. Experience in building dashboard based software products is a huge plus
- Familiarity with flow chart, storyboarding, mockup, prototyping (Sketching, Axure, Balsamiq, Omnigiraffe, etc – though you can suggest or use new tools which suit the task)
- Strong attention to details and mastery of typography, colour and layout
- Ability to think about product strategy and vision – not just define how it will look but what should we build.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills; an ability to explain your thinking, influence decision makers and an ability to work independently or in a group
- Proven ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously in order to meet milestones and deadlines. The ability to self-start and self-manage is a must.
- Remaining flexible and professional under pressure and come to work each day with a positive attitude
- Keep team informed of industry trends, best practices, and evolving technologies.
In 2017, Kobalt was named Publisher of the Year at the Music Week Awards (UK) and has won the Independent Music Publisher Award eight consecutive times. Kobalt Music Group was recognised as the 2013 ASCAP Publishing Administrator of the Year and in 2014 our industry-leading portal web application won the "Innovation in Publishing" award at the MusicAlly awards.
KOBALT MUSIC GROUP BENEFITS FROM DAY ONE
- ANNUAL LEAVE | Contractually 25 days, however, Kobalt closes its offices for the 3 days between Christmas and New Year’s when staff contribute 1 day.
- LIFE ASSURANCE | Equal to four (4) times base salary.
- INCOME PROTECTION | Covers 75% of base salary up to the age of 65.
- PENSION | Kobalt comply with auto-enrolment legislation, and currently contribute 1% of base salary if eligible staff stay in the pension scheme, currently with Aviva.
- EYE TEST | Voucher scheme in partnership with Smart Employee Eyecare.
- CHILDCARE VOUCHERS | Managed through Busy Bees.
- FRESH FRUIT | Delivered twice a week!
- REGULAR STAFF SOCIALS | Including large summer & Christmas party!
POST PROBATIONARY PERIOD BENEFITS
- PRIVATE MEDICAL INSURANCE | Policy is with the BUPA ‘select’ scheme, with the ability to upgrade to a partner or family membership.
- CYCLE TO WORK SCHEME | In partnership with Evans Cycles.
- TRAVEL INSURANCE | Covers both business and personal travel.
- INTEREST FREE SEASON TICKET LOAN SCHEME | Loans deducted from net pay, typically over a 12 month period.
- Currently based at Cannon Street, EC4
- Hours 9.30am - 6pm
Check out our blog:
Applicants must be eligible to work in the United Kingdom. Verification checks will be conducted during the interview process and a full DBS check on acceptance of an offer. Kobalt is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.
About Kobalt Music Group
Our Company Kobalt has prioritized creators from the start. Willard Ahdritz founded Kobalt in 2000 with a mission: Making the music industry more fair and rewarding for creators. He wanted to give artists, songwriters, musicians, labels and publishers the freedom and transparency they needed to build their careers. Today, Kobalt does exactly that. Our music services combined with our innovative technology offer a viable alternative to the traditional industry model. We’re trusted by some of the world’s greatest artists, and we represent more than 40% of the top 100 songs and albums in the U.S. and U.K