Joining an emerging and growing Product team you will be responsible for delivering compelling and elegant design solutions across the range of Kobalt business applications and products. You will be joining at a crucial time when there are significant projects and a long-term roadmap to deliver on. We seek a self-starter who thrives as a product designer making complex technical applications easy to use and look amazing.
You will work with our Lead Product Designer and UX designer and will interface closely with motivated product managers, a large team of front and back-end engineers and business stakeholders. Our products include an award-winning web client portal and app that presents account data to clients as well as a groundbreaking product for emerging artists – AWAL.
Kobalt’s tech platform, KTech, is currently responsible for sending worldwide notifications of all clients’ songs; and it delivers albums, singles and videos to a whole host of digital services, including iTunes, Spotify, YouTube and many others. It also licenses use of clients work in TV, Film, Games and Adverts. Once all of that has been done, it then has the not-so-small job of processing the millions of resulting payments.
This is an established yet fast growing creator-centric company of artists and songwriters including The Chainsmokers, Kelly Clarkson, Miles Davis, Dave Grohl, Lauv, Zayn Malik, Max Martin, Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, Paul McCartney, Stevie Nicks, Pitbull, Elvis Presley, Skrillex, Sam Smith, and many more. Kobalt represents on average over 40% of the top 100 songs and albums in both the US and UK.
We’re currently 600 people based across 10 offices and we’re still growing.
WHAT DOES A PRODUCT DESIGNER AT KOBALT DO?
- Translate broad complex concepts, customer needs (internal and external) and business requirements into simple, intuitive designs
- Create work that adds value to the user-experience; balancing ease-of-use with system functionality
- Be the go-to person for Interaction design, visual design & product design
- Create and revise site maps, storyboards, user scenarios, MVP prototypes
- Articulate and demonstrate design concepts in meetings and make smart decisions that move the product development process forward
- Create and adhere to design standards that reflect best practices while keeping an eye on emerging trends and how they might be utilized
- Participate in a friendly and cooperative work environment, giving and accepting feedback, encouraging innovation within the team
- Multi-task and prioritize between several projects in various stages of completion
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Excellent product design demonstrated in a portfolio
- A strong data background where you can break down complex data into simple and initiative designs. Experience in building dashboard based software products is a huge plus
- Familiarity with flow chart, storyboarding, mockup, prototyping (Sketching, Axure, Balsamiq, Omnigiraffe, etc – though you can suggest or use new tools which suit the task)
- Strong attention to details and mastery of typography, colour and layout
- Ability to think about product strategy and vision – not just define how it will look but what should we build.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills; an ability to explain your thinking, influence decision makers and an ability to work independently or in a group
- Proven ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously in order to meet milestones and deadlines. The ability to self-start and self-manage is a must.
- Remaining flexible and professional under pressure and come to work each day with a positive attitude
- Keep team informed of industry trends, best practices, and evolving technologies.
2018 Financial Times Boldness in Business – Drivers of Change Nominee
2018 Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in Music
2017 Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in Music
2017 Music Week Publisher of the Year
- Based at River Building, Cannon Street, London EC4R 3TE
- Hours are 37.5 hours per week. Generally, these are taken between 9.30am – 6.00pm with
1 hour for lunch but amendments to these hours can be agreed on a case by case basis with line manager approval
Applicants must be eligible to work in the United Kingdom. Verification checks will be conducted during the interview process and a full DBS check on acceptance of offer. Kobalt is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.
About Kobalt Music Group
Our Company Kobalt has prioritized creators from the start. Willard Ahdritz founded Kobalt in 2000 with a mission: Making the music industry more fair and rewarding for creators. He wanted to give artists, songwriters, musicians, labels and publishers the freedom and transparency they needed to build their careers. Today, Kobalt does exactly that. Our music services combined with our innovative technology offer a viable alternative to the traditional industry model. We’re trusted by some of the world’s greatest artists, and we represent more than 40% of the top 100 songs and albums in the U.S. and U.K
Want to learn more about Kobalt Music Group? Visit Kobalt Music Group's website.
Jobs You May Like
Technical Product Manager, (Product Services)
Foursquare, New York
Acquia, Toronto, CAN
Product Management (Lead) - Partner Platforms & Solutions
Credit Karma, San Francisco, CA
Product Manager (Mobile)
Apartment List, San Francisco, California