SENIOR FRONTEND SOFTWARE ENGINEER
Kobalt is the world’s leading independent music services company, built for artists, songwriters, publishers and labels as an alternative to the traditional music business model.
Our commitment to technology, transparency, and creators’ rights has driven tremendous growth year-over-year for the company and its clients. Kobalt’s global technology platform is uniquely able to track and collect royalties for the billions of micro-payments per song in digital music today.
Today, Kobalt’s Music Publishing, Neighbouring Rights, and Recordings/AWAL divisions serve over 25,000 songwriters, 600 publishers, and 20,000 independent artists, including The Chainsmokers, Kelly Clarkson, Dave Grohl, Sam Smith, and many more.
Kobalt represents on average over 40% of the top 100 songs and albums in both the US and UK.
We are looking for a Frontend Developer to work on a variety of new and existing projects within the web team, including a digital music distribution platform and a powerful management tool for our clients and their songwriters.
You will join a growing team of passionate software developers working on our award-winning client facing web-portal in a friendly environment. The web portal is a very powerful tool for our clients to interact with their account, including a global real-time activity feed and full unparalleled access to detailed historical data reporting.
Kobalt's industry-unique features and the transparency of information we provide in the web-portal were the driving force behind the “Innovation in Publishing" award we collected at the MusicAlly awards in 2014.
WHAT DOES A SENIOR FRONTEND ENGINEER AT KOBALT DO?
- Architect a solution to build a single page application for our portal
- Upskill current Frontend engineering team on single page application framework
- Serve as technical lead on the most demanding issues - breaking down and resolving problems
- Support peers and more junior engineers in the implementation of all changes through mentoring, coaching and inspiring individuals
- Understand system dependencies and work collaboratively with all technology teams to overcome issues
- Experience of developing large complex Single Page Applications
- Developing applications with a heavy focus on UX/UI
- Modern JS technology such as React, Redux or Vue.js
- Developing websites from designs and briefs (UI/UX)
- Experience in developing component libraries
- Experience with CSS/SVG animations
- Experience with developing medium to large scale SPA
- Familiarity with web server-side technologies
- Understanding of build tools (Grunt/Gulp/Webpack)
- Annual Leave – 25 days plus 3 days at Christmas when the Kobalt office closes for which staff contribute one day.
- Private Medical Insurance – BUPA Private Medical insurance with the ability to upgrade to a partner or family membership
- Life Assurance – Equal to four times base salary
- Income Protection – Covers 75% of base salary up to the age of 65
- Pension – Kobalt contribute 1% of base salary
- Regular staff socials – Our infamous Christmas, Summer and Ad-Hoc events all contribute to making Kobalt a great place to work
- Eye Test – Free eye test vouchers are available to all employees
- Childcare Vouchers – Childcare vouchers are available to all employees
- Travel Insurance – Covering both business and personal travel
- Interest-Free Season Ticket Loan Scheme
- Cycle-to-Work Scheme
- Regular sports and social clubs including running, cycling and 5-a-sides
Applicants must be eligible to work in the United Kingdom. Verification checks will be conducted during the interview process and a full DBS check on acceptance of an offer. Kobalt is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.
About Kobalt Music Group
Our Company Kobalt has prioritized creators from the start. Willard Ahdritz founded Kobalt in 2000 with a mission: Making the music industry more fair and rewarding for creators. He wanted to give artists, songwriters, musicians, labels and publishers the freedom and transparency they needed to build their careers. Today, Kobalt does exactly that. Our music services combined with our innovative technology offer a viable alternative to the traditional industry model. We’re trusted by some of the world’s greatest artists, and we represent more than 40% of the top 100 songs and albums in the U.S. and U.K
Want to learn more about Kobalt Music Group? Visit Kobalt Music Group's website.
Jobs You May Like
Engineering Manager - Edge Infrastructure
Squarespace, New York, NY
Head of Cloud Enablement, North America
Cloudreach, New York, Chicago, Atlanta, Dallas, Seattle, Reston, Norfolk, Philadelphia
Back End Software Engineer
Essential Products, Palo Alto, CA
Software Development Engineer in Test - Platform
Addepar, Mountain View, CA
Senior Software Engineer (ReactJS Focus)
Green Bits, Portland, OR