We are looking for a Frontend Developer to work on a variety of new and existing projects within the web team, including a digital music distribution platform and a powerful management tool for our clients and their songwriters.
You will join a growing team of passionate software developers working on our award-winning client facing web-portal in a friendly environment. The web portal is a very powerful tool for our clients to interact with their account, including a global real-time activity feed and full unparalleled access to detailed historical data reporting.
Kobalt’s tech platform, KTech, is currently responsible for sending worldwide notifications of all clients’ songs; and it delivers albums, singles and videos to a whole host of digital services, including iTunes, Spotify, YouTube and many others. It also licenses use of clients work in TV, Film, Games and Adverts. Once all of that has been done, it then has the not-so-small job of processing the millions of resulting payments.
This is an established yet fast growing creator-centric company of artists and songwriters including The Chainsmokers, Kelly Clarkson, Miles Davis, Dave Grohl, Lauv, Zayn Malik, Max Martin, Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, Paul McCartney, Stevie Nicks, Pitbull, Elvis Presley, Skrillex, Sam Smith, and many more. Kobalt represents on average over 40% of the top 100 songs and albums in both the US and UK.
We’re currently 600 people based across 10 offices and we’re still growing.
WHAT DOES A SENIOR FRONTEND ENGINEER AT KOBALT DO?
- Architect a solution to build a single page application for our portal
- Upskill current Frontend engineering team on single page application framework
- Serve as technical lead on the most demanding issues - breaking down and resolving problems
- Support peers and more junior engineers in the implementation of all changes through mentoring, coaching and inspiring individuals
- Understand system dependencies and work collaboratively with all technology teams to overcome issues
- Experience of developing large complex Single Page Applications
- Developing applications with a heavy focus on UX/UI
- Modern JS technology such as React, Redux or Vue.js
- Developing websites from designs and briefs (UI/UX)
- Experience in developing component libraries
- Experience with CSS/SVG animations
- Experience with developing medium to large scale SPA
- Familiarity with web server-side technologies
- Understanding of build tools (Grunt/Gulp/Webpack)
Applicants must be eligible to work in the United Kingdom. Verification checks will be conducted during the interview process and a full DBS check on acceptance of offer. Kobalt is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.
About Kobalt Music Group
Our Company Kobalt has prioritized creators from the start. Willard Ahdritz founded Kobalt in 2000 with a mission: Making the music industry more fair and rewarding for creators. He wanted to give artists, songwriters, musicians, labels and publishers the freedom and transparency they needed to build their careers. Today, Kobalt does exactly that. Our music services combined with our innovative technology offer a viable alternative to the traditional industry model. We’re trusted by some of the world’s greatest artists, and we represent more than 40% of the top 100 songs and albums in the U.S. and U.K
Want to learn more about Kobalt Music Group? Visit Kobalt Music Group's website.
Jobs You May Like
Director of Software Engineering
Red Ventures, Detroit, MI
Sr. Front-End Engineer, Growth
Vimeo, New York, NY
Software Engineer - Data Platform
Zoox, Foster City, CA
Software Engineer - Systems/Infrastructure
Iterable, San Francisco, CA
Business Analyst / ROI/ Modeling - Work Remote
Cloud Technology Partners, Live Anywhere
Infrastructure Software Engineer
GitHub, Remote - United States