Following a £70m Series D round of funding and as part of our continued high growth we are looking to add a further Java Engineering Team Lead to our highly skilled engineering function.
You will provide strong leadership as well technical insight on a variety of new and existing projects within the core engineering function as we begin to embark on a high-profile transformation from a Java and Oracle based legacy platform to a highly scalable microservices architecture
Working closely with your team of software engineers you will champion the writing of fast, reliable and clean code. You will work alongside product, design, DevOps and QA teams to support the whole development lifecycle.
Kobalt’s tech platform, KTech, is currently responsible for sending worldwide notifications of all clients’ songs; and it delivers albums, singles and videos to a whole host of digital services, including iTunes, Spotify, YouTube and many others. It also licenses use of clients work in TV, Film, Games and Adverts. Once all of that has been done, it then has the not-so-small job of processing the millions of resulting payments.
This is an established yet fast growing creator-centric company of artists and songwriters including The Chainsmokers, Kelly Clarkson, Miles Davis, Dave Grohl, Lauv, Zayn Malik, Max Martin, Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, Paul McCartney, Stevie Nicks, Pitbull, Elvis Presley, Skrillex, Sam Smith, and many more. Kobalt represents on average over 40% of the top 100 songs and albums in both the US and UK.
We’re currently 600 people based across 10 offices and we’re still growing.
WHAT DOES A JAVA TEAM LEAD AT KOBALT DO?
- Manage a small team of Java Engineers through the re-architecture of a monolith platform to microservices
- Work alongside Product to deliver the best technical solution to complex problems
- Support the QA and Test Manager and Test Engineers in finding and fixing faults and improving the overall quality of code
- Work with Tech DevOps team to introduce new build and deployment methods and tools that enhance efficiency of engineering teams
- Contribution to wider strategic technical decisions of the technical leadership
- Championing quality and robust systems development
- Help us grow the team by acting as a champion of Kobalt within the wider engineering community
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- A proven track record of leading highly skilled, product lead teams
- Expert knowledge of Java preferably within a microservices architecture
- Experience with databases and SQL (We use Oracle)
- Knowledge of cloud-based infrastructure – we use AWS
- A strong curiosity and a willingness to always be learning
- Experience of Git source control systems
- Experience of creating automated tests
- Experience introducing Continuous Deployment into a complex technical environment
Applicants must be eligible to work in the United Kingdom. Verification checks will be conducted during the interview process and a full DBS check on acceptance of offer. Kobalt is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.
About Kobalt Music Group
Our Company Kobalt has prioritized creators from the start. Willard Ahdritz founded Kobalt in 2000 with a mission: Making the music industry more fair and rewarding for creators. He wanted to give artists, songwriters, musicians, labels and publishers the freedom and transparency they needed to build their careers. Today, Kobalt does exactly that. Our music services combined with our innovative technology offer a viable alternative to the traditional industry model. We’re trusted by some of the world’s greatest artists, and we represent more than 40% of the top 100 songs and albums in the U.S. and U.K
Want to learn more about Kobalt Music Group? Visit Kobalt Music Group's website.
Jobs You May Like
Datalogue, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Engineering Manager - Content Platform Engineering - Post Production
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Software Engineer, Back end
Rocket Lawyer, San Francisco
Web Platform Developer (Tactical Security)
Shape Security, Mountain View
Sr. Software Engineer - Video Encoding
Ring Inc., Santa Monica, CA
Getaround, San Francisco