Kobalt Music has revolutionised the music publishing industry by putting the creator at the centre of everything we do.
We use technology to provide unparalleled transparency, serving artists, songwriters, and publishers with licensing management works and rights distribution, royalty collection and processing, online data and royalty statements and creative services
Kobalt represents over 5,000 artists, 600,000 songs, and works with 500 publishing companies worldwide
K-Tech is a subsidiary of Kobalt Music Group which provides technology that is used across the Kobalt Group.
ENGINEERING TEAM LEAD - JAVA
Following a £70m Series D round of funding and as part of our continued high growth we are looking to add a further Java Engineering Team Lead to our highly skilled engineering function.
You will provide strong leadership as well technical insight on a variety of new and existing projects within the core engineering function as we begin to embark on a high-profile transformation from a Java and Oracle based legacy platform to a highly scalable microservices architecture
Working closely with your team of software engineers you will champion the writing of fast, reliable and clean code. You will work alongside product, design, DevOps and QA teams to support the whole development lifecycle.
WHAT DOES A JAVA TEAM LEAD AT KOBALT DO?
- Manage a small team of Java Engineers through the re-architecture of a monolith platform to microservices
- Work alongside Product to deliver the best technical solution to complex problems
- Support the QA and Test Manager and Test Engineers in finding and fixing faults and improving the overall quality of code
- Work with Tech DevOps team to introduce new build and deployment methods and tools that enhance efficiency of engineering teams
- Contribution to wider strategic technical decisions of the technical leadership
- Championing quality and robust systems development
- Help us grow the team by acting as a champion of Kobalt within the wider engineering community
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- A proven track record of leading highly skilled, product lead teams
- Expert knowledge of Java preferably within a microservices architecture
- Experience with databases and SQL (We use Oracle)
- Knowledge of cloud-based infrastructure – we use AWS
- A strong curiosity and a willingness to always be learning
- Experience of Git source control systems
- Experience of creating automated tests
- Experience introducing Continuous Deployment into a complex technical environment
KOBALT MUSIC GROUP BENEFITS FROM DAY ONE
- Annual Leave - Contractually 25 days, however, Kobalt closes its offices for the 3 days between Christmas and New Year’s when staff contribute 1 day.
- Life Assurance - Equal to four (4) times base salary.
- Income Protection - Covers 75% of base salary up to the age of 65.
- Pension - Kobalt comply with auto-enrolment legislation, and currently contribute 1% of base salary if eligible staff stay in the pension scheme, currently with Aviva.
- Eye Test - Voucher scheme in partnership with Smart Employee Eyecare.
- Childcare Vouchers - Via Busy Bees.
- Fresh Fruit - Delivered twice a week!
- Regular Staff Socials - Including large summer & Christmas party and regular team socials.
POST PROBATIONARY PERIOD BENEFITS
- Private Medical Insurance - Policy is with the BUPA ‘select’ scheme, with the ability to upgrade to a partner or family membership.
- Cycle To Work - In partnership with Evans Cycles.
- Travel Insurance - Covers both business and personal travel.
- Interest-Free Season Ticket Loan - Loans deducted from net pay, typically over a 12-month period.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the United Kingdom. Verification checks will be conducted during the interview process and a full DBS check on acceptance of offer. Kobalt is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.
About Kobalt Music Group
Our Company Kobalt has prioritized creators from the start. Willard Ahdritz founded Kobalt in 2000 with a mission: Making the music industry more fair and rewarding for creators. He wanted to give artists, songwriters, musicians, labels and publishers the freedom and transparency they needed to build their careers. Today, Kobalt does exactly that. Our music services combined with our innovative technology offer a viable alternative to the traditional industry model. We’re trusted by some of the world’s greatest artists, and we represent more than 40% of the top 100 songs and albums in the U.S. and U.K
Want to learn more about Kobalt Music Group? Visit Kobalt Music Group's website.
Jobs You May Like
Sr. Product Manager - Order Management
Bonobos, New York, NY
Data Governance Technical Lead
PlayStation, San Diego, CA
Kurtosys, Cape Town, Claremont, South Africa
Full Stack Engineer
Vettery, New York
Contentful, San Francisco
Tech Support Engineer (日文專長)