We're looking for a SQL focused engineer to join a newly formed team to support the client data onboarding process. The onboarding team will be responsible for extracting, collating and ingesting data from a range of new data sources. This position will play a vital role in bringing the data into Kobalt, determining the validity of the data, enhancing the quality and analysing it for anomalies. You may then need to create a data structure that will allow it to be ingested into Kobalt’s core processing application and ensure it runs bug and error free. When issues occur in production you will investigate and resolve these problems to minimise impact to the business. In time, you will contribute to the development of automation tools or processes to improve onboarding efficiency. This is a hugely important role that will require creative problem solving skills and an excellent attention to detail.
Kobalt is the leading technology-powered music services company, offering end-to-end solutions for over 50,000 artists and songwriters and 800 labels and publishing companies. Through Kobalt technology and services, creators benefit from more money, better reporting, and maintain ownership and control over how their work is distributed, tracked, collected, and monetized. With the award-winning Kobalt desktop portal and app, Kobalt clients get real-time insight into their work and activity.
We’re currently over 400 people based across 10 offices and we’re expecting to grow. That’s where you come in.
Our system is currently responsible for sending worldwide notifications of all of our clients’ songs; and it delivers albums, singles and videos to a whole host of digital services, including iTunes, Spotify, YouTube and many others. It also licenses use of our clients work in TV, Film, Games, and Adverts. Once all of that has been done, it then has the not-so-small job of processing the millions of resulting payments through to our clients.
The systems we work with use core Java libraries, Swing UI, J2EE technologies and Oracle relational databases.
WHAT DOES AN OPERATIONS ENGINEER AT KOBALT DO?
- Request (in conjunction with the business team), extract and collate the data from new catalogues
- Anticipate and predict data issues or likely faults and plan to mitigate them
- Write and amend SQL scripts on the new data to transfer into staging tables
- Modify tables by running complex SQL queries and grouping and joining data
- Analyse and interrogate the data to assess quality; data cleansing and migration to ensure it is in a proper format for use in our internal application
- Liaising with the business team to ensure completeness, data integrity & consistency
- Predict and resolve issues pre and post production
- Review and investigate java code to understand production data issues
- Follow up with external clients in conjunction with the business team on data migration and update internal stakeholders on progress
- Feed back to the business on suggestions and actions for process or system improvement
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Strong SQL skills including scripting, creating and modifying tables
- Relational database experience such as Oracle, MySQL and SQL server
- Experience in the migration, data cleansing, deduping, manipulation and analysis of large datasets, and drawing inferences from this analysis
- The ability to work with different sources of data (Excel, Access forms, api’s, CSV files)
- An understanding of how to read object orientated code – previous Java coding experience would be beneficial
- A passion for solving problems and coming up with creative solutions
- Excellent client/stakeholder management skills
- Previous domain knowledge of the music industry would be beneficial but most important is a passion to learn
About Kobalt Music Group
Our Company Kobalt has prioritized creators from the start. Willard Ahdritz founded Kobalt in 2000 with a mission: Making the music industry more fair and rewarding for creators. He wanted to give artists, songwriters, musicians, labels and publishers the freedom and transparency they needed to build their careers. Today, Kobalt does exactly that. Our music services combined with our innovative technology offer a viable alternative to the traditional industry model. We’re trusted by some of the world’s greatest artists, and we represent more than 40% of the top 100 songs and albums in the U.S. and U.K
Want to learn more about Kobalt Music Group? Visit Kobalt Music Group's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Software Engineer
GitHub, Remote - Canada (BC or Ontario)
Industriemechaniker / Einrichter (m/w) Stanzbiegeanlagen
Harry’s, Harry's Germany
Repair Technicians (Mobile Phones + Tablets)
SquareTrade, New Mexico
Software Engineer - TeleOps
Zoox, Menlo Park, CA
Front End Software Engineer
Essential Products, Palo Alto, CA
Sr. Software Engineer, Productivity Engineering
Box, Redwood City, CA