- Administering large scale Hadoop environments build and support including design, cluster set up, performance tuning and monitoring in an enterprise environment
- Installing, administering, and supporting Linux operating systems and hardware
- System administration and programming skills such as storage capacity management, performance tuning
- Setup, configuration and management of security
- Manage and monitor platform infrastructure
- Automate cluster node provisioning and repetitive tasks.
- Manage Hadoop stack support run book.
- Responsible for cluster availability
- Support development and production deployments
- Support disaster recovery and business continuity practice
- 5+ years overall experience with 3+ years in Hadoop Administration
- 2+ years of experience in Hadoop and related technology stack
- Strong understanding of Hadoop design principals, cluster connectivity, security and the factors that affect distributed system performance
- Strong software development or scripting skills
- Strong knowledge and experience in supporting Linux environments
- Experience maintaining, troubleshooting and setup large clusters
- Experience supporting systems with 24X7 availability and monitoring
- Strong knowledge of current hardware systems commonly used in production environments
- Ability to proactively identify, troubleshoot and resolve live systems issues
- Technical documentation skill
Kogentix is an artificial intelligence and big data software and services firm based outside of Chicago, with offices in Hyderabad, India; Silicon Valley; Singapore; Jakarta, Indonesia; and locations across the U.S. Kogentix delivers practical AI fueled by big data. Our flagship product, the Kogentix Automated Machine Learning Platform, or AMP, enables organizations to rapidly innovate machine learning applications. Kogentix software and services are used by leaders in a range of vertical markets, including financial services, consumer goods, healthcare, telecommunications, and industrial equipment. Kogentix is a great place to work. Our staff is extraordinarily talented, creating an intellectually invigorating environment. The leadership team is focused on the long term growth of our employees, both personally and professionally. Our clients are tough, but the challenges they give us maintain a sharp edge on our technical acumen. Our culture is open, honest, and empowering. If these attributes interest you, check out our job openings and drop us a line.
Want to learn more about Kogentix? Visit Kogentix's website.
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one
Jobs You May Like
Accordion Partners, Firm-Wide
Private Equity / Alternative Asset Coach - Part-Time/Contract
Management Leadership For Tomorrow, Remote