Komodo Health is addressing the global burden of disease through the development of the world’s most actionable map of healthcare data. Our solutions drive a more transparent, efficient and productive healthcare ecosystem through the creation of quantitative solutions to qualitative problems.
As a fast growing startup that has already partnered with multiple Fortune 500 companies, we have very ambitious goals that have been designed with career development in mind. As a company, we value our culture of encouraging growth, collaboration, and constructive debate as well as delivering innovative solutions that “wow” our customers.
The Life Sciences Product team is looking for a Senior Data Engineer to help us build next generation data pipelines, data infrastructure and databases, and to develop data processing that is scalable, reliable and automated. The ideal candidate has demonstrated experience going from understanding business use cases and whiteboard designs all the way through to the nuances of implementation and rollout. The ideal candidate would have experience with product development and has gone through different phases of product growth and maturity.
This is an opportunity to help solve complex challenges, and be a part of a team of folks accomplished in diverse Engineering disciplines; focused on using the best of what lies at the forefront of technology and skills to address complex, real-world problems in the Healthcare and Life Science space. Some of the tools we use are: Spark, Snowflake, Airflow, Python, Amazon AWS EMR, AWS Lambda, Kubernetes, and Docker.
- Design, develop, and implement data infrastructure, data pipelines and data processing code for product features.
- Analyze, review and translate product management artifacts like product requirements documents and product roadmaps, into actionable engineering requirements documents.
- Create automation systems and tools to configure, monitor, and orchestrate our data infrastructure and our data pipelines.
- Evaluate new technologies for continuous improvements in Data Engineering.
- Collaborate closely with the Product and Program Management team to build out new data features.
- Collaborate with Data Scientists to implement descriptive, forecasting, and predictive algorithms and models using latest technologies.
- BS/MS in Computer Science, related degrees or relevant technical experience.
- 5+ years of experience with data engineering or similar experience.
- Experience with...
- Building and deploying large-scale, complex data processing pipelines.
- Python or Scala development, proficiency with at least one of them is required
- Pipeline scheduling and monitoring systems, like Airflow or Luigi
- Data processing platforms such as Spark, Amazon EMR, Google DataProc, Hadoop/MapReduce, etc.
- Data warehouse, modeling, and SQL experience such as Snowflake, Redshift, or BigQuery
- You've lead planning, launching, optimizing, and refactoring phases of data pipeline platforms.
- Ability to work as part of a collaborative team in a fast-paced environment.
- Sincere interest in working at a healthcare startup and passion for healthcare data.
NICE TO HAVE
- Experience or interest in the life sciences industry.
- Basic knowledge (college level or hands on) of machine learning and statistics.
- Experience with graph databases.
- Competitive salary and equity compensation
- Full Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- 401k plan with employer match
- Flexible hours and a “use as you need” vacation policy
- Opportunities to attend industry conferences and events
- Great office location(s) in SF/SOMA and NY/FLAT IRON
About Komodo Health
Komodo Health was founded on our collective experiences navigating the ever-expanding, dynamic, and challenging data environment in healthcare. We see the scale and speed at which data are expanding outpace technologies that are currently used to find and act on signals. By leveraging the same foundational big data technologies found in other industries, we’re able to drive better intelligence in healthcare.
Want to learn more about Komodo Health? Visit Komodo Health's website.
Brewing up the future, today.