Komodo Health is addressing the global burden of disease through the world’s most actionable healthcare map. Our solutions drive a more transparent, efficient and productive healthcare ecosystem. We value our culture of encouraging growth, collaboration, and constructive debate as well as delivering innovative solutions that “wow” our customers.
The Data Engineering (DE) team is looking for a Senior Data Engineer to help build out our data pipelines and data infrastructure, helping us develop data processing that is scalable, reliable and automated. The ideal candidate will be comfortable going from the whiteboard design of a system all the way to the nuances of code implementation.
This is an opportunity to join a growing company, and be a part of a team of folks accomplished in diverse Engineering disciplines; focused on using the best of what lies at the forefront of technology and skills to address complex, real-world problems in the Healthcare and Life Science space. Some of the tools we use are: Python, Spark, AWS, Kubernetes, Docker, Postgres, Git, Airflow and Flask.
- Design, develop, and implement data infrastructure and pipelines that collect, connect, centralize, and curate data from various internal and external data sources.
- Create automation systems and tools to configure, monitor, and orchestrate our data infrastructure and our data pipelines.
- Evaluate new technologies for continuous improvements in Data Engineering.
- Collaborate closely with the product team to build out new data features.
- Work with the data scientists to implement descriptive, forecasting and predictive algorithms and models using latest technologies.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related degrees.
- 5+ years of relevant experience with data engineering or similar experience.
- Experience with...
- Building and deploying large-scale data processing pipelines.
- Python, Scala or Java coding experience, proficiency with at least one of them is required.
- Workflow & pipeline systems, like Airflow, Luigi, etc.
- Distributed systems for data processing tools such as Spark, Hadoop, Kubernetes, etc.
- SQL and Relational Databases, like PostgreSQL.
- Continuous integration and automation tools and processes, like Jenkins.
- You've been through the planning, launching and refactoring phases of code you wrote.
- A serious passion for data.
- History of excellence and responsibility in previous engineering positions.
- Ability to work as part of a collaborative team in a fast-paced environment.
- Sincere interest in working at a startup and scaling with the company as we grow.
NICE TO HAVE
- Experience or interest in the life sciences industry.
- Basic knowledge (college level or hands on) of machine learning and statistics.
- Experience with graph databases.
- Competitive salary and equity compensation
- Full Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- 401k plan with employer match
- Flexible hours and a “use as you need” vacation policy
- Opportunities to attend industry conferences and events
- Great office location(s) in SF/SOMA and NY/FLAT IRON
About Komodo Health
Komodo Health was founded on our collective experiences navigating the ever-expanding, dynamic, and challenging data environment in healthcare. We see the scale and speed at which data are expanding outpace technologies that are currently used to find and act on signals. By leveraging the same foundational big data technologies found in other industries, we’re able to drive better intelligence in healthcare.