Komodo Health is addressing the global burden of disease through the development of the world’s most actionable map of healthcare data. Our solutions drive a more transparent, efficient, and productive healthcare ecosystem through the creation of quantitative solutions to qualitative problems.
As a fast-growing startup that has already partnered with multiple Fortune 500 companies, we have very ambitious goals that have been designed with career development in mind. As a company, we value our culture of encouraging growth, collaboration, and constructive debate as well as delivering innovative solutions that “wow” our customers.
We are looking for a Data Science Manager to play a critical role in the success of our growing Data Science team. You will be lead a group within the Data Science team that is involved in all aspects of building data products. You will be empowered to focus on how to make your team more successful by communicating strategy, prioritizing projects, facilitating collaboration, supporting career development, eliminating roadblocks, and ensuring that processes and systems align with company goals. You will lead a high-performing team that works with the biggest, most complete healthcare datasets to solve real-world problems that deliver value to our clients while being part of the collaborative, fun, nurturing Komodo community!
As a manager, you will:
- Lead your team of engineers/data scientists and support their technical decision making
- Be aware of new tools/frameworks your team uses to give better technical direction
- Regularly provide smart, steady feedback to lead your team to higher levels of achievement- intervening judiciously and with a light touch while leading by example
- Set clear expectations among your team in the project environment while rapidly aligning to changing business goals
- Play the “player-coach” role depending on team/ needs
- Work with your reports on defining and executing effective strategies to scale ad-hoc advanced analytics prototypes to large-scale solutions
- Serve as a subject matter expert in the entire range of the data science domain
- Take ownership of key workflow areas across the data science organization
- Communicate to stakeholders across all functions
- Translate technical concepts to non-technical audiences in a succinct and concise way
You have a proven track record in:
- Successfully leading a team in a data-driven product setting
- Contributing as a highly effective individual contributor in delivering data driven products and solutions
- Achieving business goals as a leader with a demonstrable willingness to get in the weeds of the work when needed
- Communicating to both technical and non-technical audiences/stakeholders
- Getting out of your comfort zone to earnestly seek, integrate and effectively apply data to solve business challenges
NICE TO HAVE
- College level degree in computer science, engineering, or relative work experience
- 5+ years experience with Python, Scala, or Java and distributed frameworks (Hadoop, Spark, etc.)
- 3+ years of experience with managing data scientists/engineers
- Experience with applied machine learning or algorithm development
- Experience or interest in the life sciences industry
- Experience working with proprietary secondary data including medical / pharmacy claims, prescription data, sales data, and longitudinal patient-level data
About Komodo Health
Komodo Health was founded on our collective experiences navigating the ever-expanding, dynamic, and challenging data environment in healthcare. We see the scale and speed at which data are expanding outpace technologies that are currently used to find and act on signals. By leveraging the same foundational big data technologies found in other industries, we’re able to drive better intelligence in healthcare.