Komodo Health is addressing the global burden of disease through the world’s most actionable healthcare map. Our solutions drive a more transparent, efficient and productive healthcare ecosystem. We value our culture of encouraging growth, collaboration, and constructive debate as well as delivering innovative solutions that “wow” our customers.
The Data Engineering (DE) team is looking for a Senior Data Engineer to help us design and develop data pipelines for extracting data from our existing and new data sources. And developing the logic for making our data processing scalable, reliable and automated so that the data can be shared and reused across Komodo Health. The ideal candidate must be comfortable going from the whiteboard design of a system all the way to the nuances of code implementation.
This is a great opportunity to join a growing company, and be a part of a team of folks accomplished in diverse Engineering disciplines; focused on using the best of what lies at the forefront of technology and skills to address complex, real-world problems in the Healthcare and Life Science space. Here are a few of the languages and tools we use in our environment - Python, Scala, Spark, AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, Postgres, Airflow, Jenkins and Git.
- Provide senior-level contribution to a team responsible for the design, implementation, deployment and maintenance of complex data pipelines.
- Develop the strategy, tools, and workflow for integrations and ingestion of data.
- Write quality, maintainable code with extensive test coverage in a fast-paced professional software engineering environment
- Bring new ideas in data engineering, big data and cloud software development
- Leverage industry knowledge and stay close to technology developments in the open-source and cloud communities
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to understand data needs, build data models, predictive algorithms and new features
- BS or MS in Computer Science, or related technical field
- 5+ years of proven working experience as a data engineer
Experience with the following:
- Building large-scale and complex data processing pipelines
- Strong programming fundamentals and Proficiency with at least one of the following object oriented programming languages: Python, Scala
- Solid experience with Apache Spark data structures, critical features and performance tuning
- Modern data processing and workflow management frameworks, like Airflow and Luigi
- Cluster and configuration management systems, like Docker and Kubernetes
- Amazon AWS services (EC2, S3, RDS etc)
- SQL databases, like PostgreSQL
- Continuous integration tools, like Jenkins and Git
- Strong analytical skills related to working with unstructured datasets
- A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets
- Ability to work as part of a collaborative team in a fast-paced agile environment
- Strong interest in working at a startup and scale with the company as we grow
- Excellent communication skills to collaborate with stakeholders in engineering, data science, and product
NICE TO HAVE
- Experience or interest in the life sciences industry
- Basic knowledge (college level or hands on) of machine learning and statistics
- Experience with graph databases
- Competitive salary and equity compensation
- Full Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- 401k plan with employer match
- Flexible hours and a “use as you need” vacation policy
- Opportunities to attend industry conferences and events
- Great office location(s) in SF/SOMA and NY/FLAT IRON
About Komodo Health
Komodo Health was founded on our collective experiences navigating the ever-expanding, dynamic, and challenging data environment in healthcare. We see the scale and speed at which data are expanding outpace technologies that are currently used to find and act on signals. By leveraging the same foundational big data technologies found in other industries, we’re able to drive better intelligence in healthcare.
Want to learn more about Komodo Health? Visit Komodo Health's website.
Jobs You May Like
Test Engineer - San Francisco, CA
Credit Karma, San Francisco, CA
Senior Implementation Consultant
Box, London, UK
Industry X.0 IoT Manager - Montreal
Accenture, Quebec - Montreal, Canada
Solutions Architect - Bay Area
Elastic, Mountain View, CA
Senior Software Engineer - Web Video Playback Engine
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Solutions Architect (Technical Presales) - UK
Elastic, London, United Kingdom