Komodo Health is addressing the global burden of disease through the development of the world’s most actionable map of healthcare data. Our solutions drive a more transparent, efficient and productive healthcare ecosystem through the creation of quantitative solutions to qualitative problems.
As a fast growing startup that has already partnered with multiple Fortune 500 companies, we have very ambitious goals that have been designed with career development in mind. As a company, we value our culture of encouraging growth, collaboration, and constructive debate as well as delivering innovative solutions that “wow” our customers.
We are looking for a Senior Data Scientist to play a key role in the success of our Data Science team. This is a role for someone who wants to use one of the biggest, most complete healthcare datasets to solve real world problems that deliver value to our clients while being part of the collaborative, fun, nurturing Komodo community!
- Analyze and understand the disparate sources of industry data
- Apply data-mining and machine learning techniques to large structured and unstructured datasets
- Iterate to push the boundaries on what problems can be solved through data analytics
- Scaling from ad-hoc advanced analytics prototypes to large-scale learning solutions in live systems
- Clearly communicate analysis methods and results to Komodo and client team
- Collaborate closely with the product team and other engineers to translate business objectives into new features and products
- BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- 4+ years professional work experience with Python, Scala, or Java and distributed frameworks
- Experience with…
- Rapid prototyping and advanced analytics (e.g. R, MatLab, Pandas, SciPy)
- SQL and Relational Databases
- Demonstrable successes in delivering analytical projects, including structuring and conducting analyses to generate business insights and recommendations
- Solution/Delivery-oriented team player willing to go above and beyond
- Ability to work beyond familiar algorithms - to get out of one’s comfort zone and earnestly seek to integrate the best solutions to business challenges
- High motivation, work ethic, and self-discipline to organize and complete tasks
- Sincere interest in working at a startup and scaling with the company as we grow
NICE TO HAVE
- Experience with applied machine learning or algorithm development
- Experience or interest in the life sciences industry
- Track record of delivering analytical solutions to poorly scoped problems
- Prior client-side analytical experience serving Marketing, Sales, Medical Affairs, or Clinical Development, or, vendor-side analytical experience working with Life Sciences clients
- Experience working with proprietary secondary data including medical / pharmacy claims, prescription data, sales data, and longitudinal patient-level data
- Competitive salary and equity compensation
- Full Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- 401k plan with employer match
- Flexible hours and a “use as you need” vacation policy
- Opportunities to attend industry conferences and events
- Great office location(s) in SF/SOMA and NY/FLAT IRON
About Komodo Health
Komodo Health was founded on our collective experiences navigating the ever-expanding, dynamic, and challenging data environment in healthcare. We see the scale and speed at which data are expanding outpace technologies that are currently used to find and act on signals. By leveraging the same foundational big data technologies found in other industries, we’re able to drive better intelligence in healthcare.