Data Science Manager
Komodo Health is addressing the global burden of disease through the development of the world’s most actionable map of healthcare data. Our solutions drive a more transparent, efficient and productive healthcare ecosystem through the creation of quantitative solutions to qualitative problems.
As a fast-growing startup that has already partnered with multiple Fortune 500 companies, we have very ambitious goals that have been designed with career development in mind. As a company, we value our culture of encouraging growth, collaboration, and constructive debate as well as delivering innovative solutions that “wow” our customers.
We are looking for a Data Science Manager to play a key role in the success of our Data Science team. This is a role for someone who wants to use one of the biggest, most complete healthcare datasets to solve real world problems that deliver value to our clients while being part of the collaborative, fun, nurturing Komodo community!
- Manage a small group of 3-5 Data Scientists, focusing on both skill growth as well as achieving business objectives
- Provide good, immediate feedback to members of the team on technical decisions - thereby improving the work product of those on the team
- Work with your team on developing ways to scale from ad-hoc advanced analytics prototypes to large-scale learning solutions in live systems
- Be able to answer technical questions that span the entire range of data science - data, math, stats, and/or software
- Take ownership of key workflow areas and provide read-outs to leadership on potential problems, opportunities for improvement, etc.
- Be capable of fully owning the launch of a data science solutions for real-world applications, including identifying value via solving business problems, identifying the most effective and efficient way to solve the problem with Komodo’s data stack, and owning responsibility of production level code.
- MS, or PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- 5+ years’ experience with Python, Scala, or Java and distributed frameworks (Hadoop, Spark, etc.)
- Experience in leadership of other Data Scientists / Engineers
- Strong communication skills, to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Demonstrable successes in delivering data-driven products, including being involved in all aspects of the product development life cycle.
- Ability to work beyond familiar algorithms - to get out of one’s comfort zone and earnestly seek to integrate the best solutions to business challenges
- Sincere interest in working at a startup and scaling with the company as we grow
- Proven ability to context switch between in the weeds work and higher level alignment of a team.
NICE TO HAVE
- Experience with applied machine learning or algorithm development
- Experience or interest in the life sciences industry
- Experience working with proprietary secondary data including medical / pharmacy claims, prescription data, sales data, and longitudinal patient-level data
- Competitive salary and equity compensation
- Full Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- 401k plan with employer match
- Flexible hours and a “use as you need” vacation policy
- Opportunities to attend industry conferences and events
At Komodo Health, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community. Komodo Health is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
About Komodo Health
Komodo Health was founded on our collective experiences navigating the ever-expanding, dynamic, and challenging data environment in healthcare. We see the scale and speed at which data are expanding outpace technologies that are currently used to find and act on signals. By leveraging the same foundational big data technologies found in other industries, we’re able to drive better intelligence in healthcare.
Want to learn more about Komodo Health? Visit Komodo Health's website.
Jobs You May Like
CipherHealth, New York, NY
Senior Data Scientist
Factual, Los Angeles
Analytics High Value Consulting Senior Manager - Resources Industry
Accenture, NY - New York, USA
Data Scientist (Market Design)
Quora, Mountain View, CA
Technical Program Manager, HeartBeat - San Francisco
TrueAccord, San Francisco, CA
Insider, Istanbul, Turkey