Komodo Health is transforming healthcare predictive analytics with its own proprietary data cloud and streaming data analytics platform. Our real-time healthcare intelligence engine provides healthcare business leaders the ability to modernize and improve the way they engage and serve the medical community, and the result is a more transparent, efficient and productive healthcare ecosystem, ultimately leading to reduced patient disease burden.
Our Life Sciences Advanced Analytics practice seeks experienced and entrepreneurial leaders who are ready to lead and grow an Advanced Analytics team. This is an excellent opportunity for accomplished Life Sciences leaders to have massive impact at a fast-growing technology company.
The Director, Advanced Analytics, will work with Komodo Health customers to ensure successful delivery of Komodo analytics services, leading to customer value and attainment of their desired business outcomes. The role requires comfort interfacing with a diverse set of Life Sciences customers ranging from Commercial (Marketing, Sales, and Analytics), Medical Affairs, Clinical Operations, Market Access, and Real-World Evidence, and an ability to engage, communicate, consult, and partner effectively.
At Komodo Health, we value our culture of encouraging growth, collaboration, and constructive debate as well as delivering innovative solutions and services that “wow” our customers. Komodo Health is backed by leading technology investors on the East and West Coasts, and is partnered with leading academic institutions, technology leaders and life sciences thought leaders.
Engaging with Customers
- Serve as Advanced Analytics point of contact for Life Science customers and work with Komodo Advanced Analytics Managers and Data Science team to ensure analytics services lead to customer value (anticipated travel of 20-40%)
- Develop and grow relationships with key customers to support engagement with Komodo products and services; develop customer champions
- Maintain a thorough understanding of customers’ needs, gaps, and opportunities for Komodo to deliver ongoing value through analytics; work with customers strategically to provide proactive value
- Coordinate with Account Management and Customer Success teams on account strategy and customer engagement to optimize customer interactions for impact
- Lead sales initiatives to execute against Komodo's Advanced Analytics growth strategy, including lead generation to close of analytics services projects; own and deliver against analytics services sales targets
Team Leadership and Management
- Oversee the successful delivery of revenue-generating services projects by Advanced Analytics team members
- Recruit, deploy, manage, and engage Advanced Analytics team members; support team capacity planning and resource management
- Coach, train, and guide Advanced Analytics team members to enable high performance and professional growth
Internal Collaboration and General Leadership
- Develop Komodo Health’s external thought leadership through presence at key industry conferences, summits, and networking events; Present Komodo Health capabilities or key insights where appropriate
- Act as an advisor and SME to Sales and Account Management teams during the sale of analytics services, where needed
- Work closely with Account Management and Customer Success teams to drive value of overall Komodo products and maximize analytics service project opportunities
- Collaborate closely with Product and Engineering teams to identify and develop new analytics service offerings; act as an internal advisor to provide deep industry and customer context
- Share customer feedback with Product, Engineering, and other cross-functional colleagues to enhance ongoing product development efforts
- 7+ years’ experience in client-facing roles of increasing responsibility delivering analytics or consulting services to Life Sciences customers within innovative technology or commercial solutions providers to the industry, top consulting or boutique life sciences consulting firms, or advertising agencies
- 2+ years prior selling experience, managing book of services business for Life Sciences clients
- Hands-on experience in business analytics in biopharma, including experience working with sales, marketing, market access, and other HCP, provider, payer, and patient-level data
- Advanced storytelling, communication, and interpersonal skills, and experience owning high-profile customer relationships
- Successful track record of developing long-term business relationships with Life Science customers in Marketing, Commercial Analytics, Medical Affairs, or Market Access
- Ability to successfully manage multiple customer relationship and projects with high quality and grace under pressure
- Agility to work across internal teams to deliver to customer contractual requirements and business needs
- Flexible mindset to embrace use of new software applications and cloud-based platforms
- Demonstrated track record of growing and retaining high performing teams and culture in a fast-paced, dynamic and rapidly changing startup environment.
- 3+ years prior experience managing 3 - 5 direct reports and managing other peple managers
- Sincere interest in working at an early-stage startup and scaling with the company as we grow
- BA or BS degree
Nice to Have
- Prior experience selling and servicing Life Sciences analytics data and services
- Prior client-side experience in Commercial Analytics, Marketing Sciences, or other related functions
- MBA, PhD, or MS in a scientific or technical discipline
- Competitive salary and equity compensation
- Full Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- 401k plan with employer match
- Your choice of equipment set-up (computer, monitor, and accessories)
- Flexible hours and unlimited vacation days policy
- Opportunities to attend industry conferences and events
- Awesome team and culture
- Great office location in NYC
At Komodo Health, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community. Komodo Health is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
About Komodo Health
Komodo Health was founded on our collective experiences navigating the ever-expanding, dynamic, and challenging data environment in healthcare. We see the scale and speed at which data are expanding outpace technologies that are currently used to find and act on signals. By leveraging the same foundational big data technologies found in other industries, we’re able to drive better intelligence in healthcare.