Komodo Health is addressing the global burden of disease through the development of the world’s most actionable map of healthcare data. Our solutions drive a more transparent, efficient and productive healthcare ecosystem through the creation of quantitative solutions to qualitative problems.
As a fast growing startup that has already partnered with multiple Fortune 500 companies, we have very ambitious goals that have been designed with career development in mind. As a company, we value our culture of encouraging growth, collaboration, and constructive debate as well as delivering innovative solutions that “wow” our customers.
We are looking for a Data Strategy Lead to play a key role in the success of our Data Science team. This is a role for someone who wants to use one of the biggest, most complete healthcare datasets to solve real world problems that deliver value to our clients while being part of the collaborative, fun, nurturing Komodo community!
- Influence the acquisition and understanding of healthcare data to continue growing the most representative and actionable healthcare map in the industry
- Deeply understand our business model, our products, and our market segments to guide strategic acquisition of and partnerships for healthcare data (Medical Claims, Rx, Lab Data, EMR/EHR, genomics, etc.) to be integrated into our healthcare map
- Partner with the Data Science team to author blog posts, white papers, and other publications that continue to bolster Komodo’s position as the foremost expert in Healthcare Data
- Own our relationships with research / academic institutions that we partner with to engage in research, white papers, etc. including writing and submit the proposals necessary for accessing government controlled datasets
- A passion for improving patient care and addressing unmet medical needs
- 5+ years of analytical experience at healthcare data companies - responsible for acquiring and analyzing data sets
- Some experience with data exploration, data normalization, and implementation of advanced statistics and analytics
- Prior experience working in a product development environment
- Hands-on experience acquiring, analyzing, and optimizing enterprise-level data/data science driven businesses
- Ability to communicate effectively across teams with both technical and non-technical people
NICE TO HAVE
- Experience with applied machine learning or algorithm development
- Experience or interest in the life sciences industry
- Track record of delivering analytical solutions to poorly scoped problems
- Prior client-side analytical experience serving Marketing, Sales, Medical Affairs, or Clinical Development, or, vendor-side analytical experience working with Life Sciences clients
- Experience working with proprietary secondary data including medical / pharmacy claims, prescription data, sales data, and longitudinal patient-level data
- Competitive salary and equity compensation
- Full Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- 401k plan with employer match
- Flexible hours and a “use as you need” vacation policy
- Opportunities to attend industry conferences and events
- Great office location NY/FLAT IRON
About Komodo Health
Komodo Health was founded on our collective experiences navigating the ever-expanding, dynamic, and challenging data environment in healthcare. We see the scale and speed at which data are expanding outpace technologies that are currently used to find and act on signals. By leveraging the same foundational big data technologies found in other industries, we’re able to drive better intelligence in healthcare.