Komodo Health is addressing the global burden of disease through the development of the world’s most actionable map of healthcare data. Our solutions drive a more transparent, efficient and productive healthcare ecosystem through the creation of quantitative solutions to qualitative problems.
As a fast growing startup that has already partnered with multiple Fortune 500 companies, we have very ambitious goals that have been designed with career development in mind. As a company, we value our culture of encouraging growth, collaboration, and constructive debate as well as delivering innovative solutions that “wow” our customers.
We are looking for a Director of Engineering to play a key role in the success of our team. This is a role for someone who wants to use one of the biggest, most complete healthcare datasets to solve real world problems that deliver value to our clients while being part of the collaborative, fun, nurturing Komodo community!
- Be the driving force in recruiting Engineers to our New York office and help our employees be happy, productive, and growing.
- Advise on technical contributions (writing, debugging, reviewing and deploying code) and provide technical guidance and feedback to your team members.
- Create and maintain an effective and enjoyable engineering culture.
- Lead technical design of applications and participate in larger system design efforts
- Advocate for end user needs in software you are building
- Recruit, hire, and retain top tier talent.
- 7+ years in direct management of technical team members and engineering managers, including hiring and performance management responsibilities
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, related field, or commensurate experience.
Experience in one or more of the following languages:
Experience working with one or more of the following technologies:
AWS, Django, React, Spark, Kubernetes
NICE TO HAVE
- MBA or MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related field.
- Experience building on an inclusive culture and rapidly scaling out an Engineering team
- A passion for team member career development, including helping them learn new skills, either directly or by getting them mentors.
- Competitive salary and equity compensation
- Full Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- 401k plan with employer match
- Flexible hours and a “use as you need” vacation policy
- Opportunities to attend industry conferences and events
- Great office location in San Francisco/SOMA
At Komodo Health, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community. Komodo Health is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
About Komodo Health
Komodo Health was founded on our collective experiences navigating the ever-expanding, dynamic, and challenging data environment in healthcare. We see the scale and speed at which data are expanding outpace technologies that are currently used to find and act on signals. By leveraging the same foundational big data technologies found in other industries, we’re able to drive better intelligence in healthcare.