Komodo Health is addressing the global burden of disease through the development of the world’s most actionable map of healthcare data. Our solutions drive a more transparent, efficient and productive healthcare ecosystem through the creation of quantitative solutions to qualitative problems.
As a fast growing startup that has already partnered with multiple Fortune 500 companies, we have very ambitious goals that have been designed with career development in mind. As a company, we value our culture of encouraging growth, collaboration, and constructive debate as well as delivering innovative solutions that “wow” our customers.
We are looking for a Director of Engineering to play a key role in the success of our team. This is a role for someone who wants to use one of the biggest, most complete healthcare datasets to solve real world problems that deliver value to our clients while being part of the collaborative, fun, nurturing Komodo community!
- Oversee several teams comprising Komodo's data platform, the core architecture behind the healthcare map.
- Be the driving force in recruiting engineers and help our employees be happy, productive, and growing.
- Advise on technical contributions and provide technical guidance and feedback to your team members.
- Create and maintain an inclusive, effective and enjoyable engineering culture, while rapidly scaling out the team.
- Lead technical design of data platforms, pipelines and data warehouse models and participate in larger system design efforts
- Recruit, hire, and retain top tier talent.
- A passion for team member career development, including helping them learn new skills, either directly or by getting them mentors.
- 5+ years in direct management of technical team members and engineering managers, including hiring and performance management responsibilities (total 8+ years of professional software experience)
- Experience in with architecting big data systems at scale using distributed computing frameworks such as Spark, Hadoop and / or data warehouse solutions such as Snowflake, BigQuery, Redshift.
- Clear concise communication - written and verbal
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, related field, or commensurate experience.
NICE TO HAVE
- Healthcare Data Experience or strong desire to learn
- Data Science and Machine Learning expertise / experience
- Experience hiring and growing teams in a hyper-growth environment
- Competitive salary and equity compensation
- Full Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- 401k plan with employer match
- Flexible hours and a “use as you need” vacation policy
- Opportunities to attend industry conferences and events
- Great office location in Union Square
At Komodo Health, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community. Komodo Health is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
About Komodo Health
Komodo Health was founded on our collective experiences navigating the ever-expanding, dynamic, and challenging data environment in healthcare. We see the scale and speed at which data are expanding outpace technologies that are currently used to find and act on signals. By leveraging the same foundational big data technologies found in other industries, we’re able to drive better intelligence in healthcare.