Senior Data Engineer (Life Sciences Products)
Komodo Health, New York City
Making healthcare make sense.
We Breathe Life Into Data!
At Komodo Health, our mission is to reduce the global burden of disease. Smarter use of data is essential to this mission. We combine the world’s most comprehensive view of patient encounters with innovative algorithms and decades of clinical expertise to power our Healthcare Map, the industry’s most precise view of the U.S. healthcare system. With the Healthcare Map as our foundation, we offer a suite of powerful software applications that deliver exceptional value to the industry.
Our people are the center of our success. We are a smart, supportive team with diverse perspectives and a shared passion for fixing what’s broken in healthcare. It’s fun, challenging and important. Join us!
The Opportunity at Komodo Health
The Life Sciences Product team is looking for a Senior Data Engineer to help us build next generation data pipelines, data infrastructure and databases, and to develop data processing that is scalable, reliable and automated. The ideal candidate has demonstrated experience going from understanding business use cases and whiteboard designs all the way through to the nuances of implementation and rollout. The ideal candidate would have experience with product development and has gone through different phases of product growth and maturity.
This is an opportunity to help solve complex challenges, and be a part of a team of folks accomplished in diverse Engineering disciplines; focused on using the best of what lies at the forefront of technology and skills to address complex, real-world problems in the Healthcare and Life Science space. Some of the tools we use are: Spark, Snowflake, Airflow, Python, Amazon AWS EMR, AWS Lambda, Kubernetes, and Docker.
Looking back on your first 12 months at Komodo Health, you will have…
- Designed, developed, and implemented data infrastructure, data pipelines and data processing code for product features.
- Analyzed, reviewed and translated product management artifacts like product requirements documents and product roadmaps, into actionable engineering requirements documents.
- Created automation systems and tools to configure, monitor, and orchestrate our data infrastructure and our data pipelines.
- Evaluated new technologies for continuous improvements in Data Engineering.
- Collaborated closely with the Product and Program Management team to build out new data features.
- Collaborated with Data Scientists to implement descriptive, forecasting, and predictive algorithms and models using latest technologies.
What you bring to Komodo:
- Experience with...
- Building and deploying large-scale, complex data processing pipelines.
- Python or Scala development, proficiency with at least one of them is required
- Pipeline scheduling and monitoring systems, like Airflow or Luigi
- Data processing platforms such as Spark, Amazon EMR, Google DataProc, Hadoop/MapReduce, etc.
- Data warehouse, modeling, and SQL experience such as Snowflake, Redshift, or BigQuery
- You've led planning, launching, optimizing, and refactoring phases of data pipeline platforms.
- Ability to work as part of a collaborative team in a fast-paced environment.
- Sincere interest in working at a healthcare startup and passion for healthcare data.
Curiosity piqued? Learn more about us!
- Komodo Health Acquires Mavens, Series D funding led by ICONIQ Growth
- Wealthfront: The 2021 Career Launching Companies List
- In Conversation with Dr. Arif Nathoo, Komodo Health’s CEO
- Komodo Health’s ‘Meet a Dragon’ series
- Komodo’s Values that Drive our Culture
- Cholangiocarcinoma Foundation & Komodo Health partner to fight cancer
About Komodo Health
Komodo Health was founded on our collective experiences navigating the ever-expanding, dynamic, and challenging data environment in healthcare. We see the scale and speed at which data are expanding outpace technologies that are currently used to find and act on signals. By leveraging the same foundational big data technologies found in other industries, we’re able to drive better intelligence in healthcare.
Want to learn more about Komodo Health? Visit Komodo Health's website.
Help the world share their story