Area Vice President, Account Strategy - Life Sciences (West)
Komodo Health, Los Angeles or Remote
Making healthcare make sense.
We Breathe Life Into Data!
At Komodo Health, our mission is to reduce the global burden of disease. Smarter use of data is essential to this mission. We combine the world’s most comprehensive view of patient encounters with innovative algorithms and decades of clinical expertise to power our Healthcare Map, the industry’s most precise view of the U.S. healthcare system. With the Healthcare Map as our foundation, we offer a suite of powerful software applications that deliver exceptional value to the industry.
Our people are the center of our success. We are a smart, supportive team with diverse perspectives and a shared passion for fixing what’s broken in healthcare. It’s fun, challenging and important. Join us!
The Opportunity at Komodo Health
Our Life Sciences team seeks an experienced and driven Area Vice President, Account Strategy (AVP). The successful candidate will be expected to immediately help as a senior individual contributor. This is a tremendous opportunity for an accomplished Sales professional to have a robust impact at a fast-growing company with innovative, best-in-class software-as-a-service (SaaS) products in production across a blue chip Client roster. The AVP will be responsible for both securing new clients and renewing/expanding business within existing Komodo Health customers on a defined account list. The role requires comfort interfacing with a diverse set of Life Sciences customers across Medical Affairs, Commercial (Marketing, Sales, and Analytics), and Clinical Operations, and an ability to engage, communicate, consult, and partner effectively.
At Komodo, we’ve established a strong product-market fit, we’ve invested heavily in our team across Engineering, Product, Data Strategy and Customer Success, and we've positioned ourselves to now scale the business. We are looking for leaders dedicated to excellence in job performance, who enjoy communicating and working with others, who believe in our culture of investing to realize the full potential of our talented team, and those who will thrive in a dynamic, fast-growing, technology and product-led company. This person will be well-versed in biotech and pharmaceutical commercialization, and have experience successfully selling products and services to life sciences leadership across predominantly Medical Affairs, Clinical Operations, Marketing, Analytics, Market Access, and Sales functions.
At Komodo Health, you will have an opportunity to work alongside and learn from industry leaders regarding how to sell and deploy SaaS products in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. You will also learn how to effectively collaborate cross-functionally to create seamless partnerships and experiences internally and externally. We are confident that Komodo Health will provide a highly stimulating experience, coupled with nearly limitless opportunities for growth and development.
At Komodo Health, we value our culture of encouraging growth, collaboration, and constructive debate as well as delivering innovative solutions that “wow” our customers. Komodo Health is backed by leading technology investors on the East and West Coasts, and is partnered with leading academic institutions, technology leaders and life sciences thought leaders.
As one of the members of this business-critical team, you will:
- Our AVP, Account Strategy candidate will have an incredible opportunity to:
- Sell to Life Sciences Medical Affairs, Clinical, and Commercial stakeholders across the product lifecycle
- Grow our top-line to meet/exceed our sales targets and provide ongoing updates to the forecast
- Contribute to our Go-to-Market plan, including sales strategy, product design, customer targeting, selling approach, pricing model, selling materials, etc.
- Successfully partner cross-functionally across Customer Success, Product/Data Strategy, and Engineering to develop and optimize the collaboration approach and processes required to scale
- Help to refine the Sales and Customer Success partnership construct over time to ensure collaboration, alignment and growth
- A demanding travel schedule is to be expected (25-75%), however our regional based model seeks to minimize this as much as possible
What You Bring to Komodo:
- Minimum of 7 years working for, selling to, or serving Life Sciences companies at an innovative technology or commercial solutions provider, top consulting or boutique life sciences consulting firm, or advertising agency
- Consistent attainment or out-performance of sales goals at a technology, services, or consulting company serving life sciences
- Successful track record of developing high-profile, long-term business relationships with life science customers in Marketing, Medical Affairs, Clinical Development, and/or IT / IS
- Experience engaging key Life Sciences stakeholders at all levels across the company in various functions and managing strategic accounts with penetration into multiple customer groups
- Ability to successfully manage multiple client interactions and projects with high quality and grace under pressure
- Experience using a customer-relationship management tool (CRM) to support ongoing pipeline management
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal, is a must including exceptional storytelling and interpersonal skills
- Flexible mindset to embrace use of new software applications and cloud-based communication tools in a fast-paced, dynamic and rapidly changing startup environment
- Sincere interest in working at a fast-paced, engineering and product-led startup, and the ability to scale with the organization as it grows and its needs change over time
- A passion for healthcare, life sciences, data and analytics, and technology
- Proficiency using MS Office tools, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Minimum, Bachelor’s degree
Nice to Have
- Experience selling Enterprise IT/software to Life Sciences IT stakeholders a nice-to-have but not required
- Prior client-side experience in an office-based or leadership role (Medical Affairs, Marketing, Market Research, Market Access, or Clinical Development/Operations)
- Data analysis skills, with strong interest and passion for leveraging data to generate unique intelligence and insights for competitive advantage
- MBA, PhD, or MS in a scientific or technical discipline
Curiosity piqued? Learn more about us!
- Komodo Health Acquires Mavens, Series D funding led by ICONIQ Growth
- Wealthfront: The 2021 Career Launching Companies List
- In Conversation with Dr. Arif Nathoo, Komodo Health’s CEO
- Komodo Health’s ‘Meet a Dragon’ series
- Komodo’s Values that Drive our Culture
- Cholangiocarcinoma Foundation & Komodo Health partner to fight cancer
About Komodo Health
Komodo Health was founded on our collective experiences navigating the ever-expanding, dynamic, and challenging data environment in healthcare. We see the scale and speed at which data are expanding outpace technologies that are currently used to find and act on signals. By leveraging the same foundational big data technologies found in other industries, we’re able to drive better intelligence in healthcare.
Want to learn more about Komodo Health? Visit Komodo Health's website.
A monthly box of dog goodies